Some California news

Ararar

3 hours ago, Bodysurf said:

Regarding early enrollees, new kids will step up for Davies and Dixon. Miki-Han is the much bigger loss. Not sure who will play center. They can move Tolo there but I know there are a lot of young big uglies who will good. I think this Spring season we may see a lot more rotation of players. 

Mikihan did not enroll early and I am almost certain he is playing this spring. I’ll find out for sure though. I know for fact Raesjon, Kyron, Yetts, Caldwell, Maseuli, & Narayan are playing. We will see a ton of freshman play this spring. I’m kind of happy with how it worked out. Assuming we stay injury free, we will have a ton of young guys with experience for the fall. This is the best freshman line class we’ve ever had. Secondary loses nobody going into the fall which is huge. No better RB/Receiver duo in the nation than Raleek & CJ. 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

On 2/24/2021 at 8:21 PM, HurricaneNick said:

Mikihan did not enroll early and I am almost certain he is playing this spring. I’ll find out for sure though. I know for fact Raesjon, Kyron, Yetts, Caldwell, Maseuli, & Narayan are playing. We will see a ton of freshman play this spring. I’m kind of happy with how it worked out. Assuming we stay injury free, we will have a ton of young guys with experience for the fall. This is the best freshman line class we’ve ever had. Secondary loses nobody going into the fall which is huge. No better RB/Receiver duo in the nation than Raleek & CJ. 

SErvite 0.jpg

• Like 1

https://twitter.com/latsondheimer/status/1365684308782981123?s=21

This morning, Old Sondy started highlighting top position groups in SoCal, starting with DBs. 

Loyola Student-Athlete Ceyair Wright (USC), leads the list of the top DBs in SoCal, which also includes fellow Cub Zakhari Spears (Washington). 

Loyola revealed their abbreviated 2020/21 FB Schedule

Notre Dame (Scrimmage)

Upland 

St. Bernard

St. Francis*

Crespi*

St. Paul*

*Denotes Angelus League Contest

Glad these talented seniors get an opportunity to compete with their brothers for one final ride.

255D6B08-4EBF-4F8C-B3D0-8AD04A55333E.jpeg

• Like 1

@Bodysurf Mikihan is all in. The starters up front from LT to RT will be Mo Tapusoa, Terrence Caldwell, George Mikihan, BJ Tolo, and Ross Maseuli. Raleek & Yetts might run for 1500 each in 5 games LOL. Hoping to find a scrimmage, MD reached out to St. Francis today but we’ll see. Week 1 would’ve been against Cen10 but their county didn’t meet the threshold. Worst case scenario we line it up against JSerra on the 19th. 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, HurricaneNick said:

@Bodysurf Mikihan is all in. The starters up front from LT to RT will be Mo Tapusoa, Terrence Caldwell, George Mikihan, BJ Tolo, and Ross Maseuli. Raleek & Yetts might run for 1500 each in 5 games LOL. Hoping to find a scrimmage, MD reached out to St. Francis today but we’ll see. Week 1 would’ve been against Cen10 but their county didn’t meet the threshold. Worst case scenario we line it up against JSerra on the 19th. 

Thanks. I could run for 1500 yards behind that line! I heard elsewhere that Miki-Han was enrolling early but I’m glad he isn’t. I expect him to be a captain. I was thinking that the Freshman Breland might even be starting instead of Tapusoa. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Bodysurf said:

Thanks. I could run for 1500 yards behind that line! I heard elsewhere that Miki-Han was enrolling early but I’m glad he isn’t. I expect him to be a captain. I was thinking that the Freshman Breland might even be starting instead of Tapusoa. 

Breland is going to see some reps at DT this spring and will be a starter in the fall. A lot of depth in the trenches. Freshman Deandre Carter and Brandon Baker have been working with the varsity. They’d be varsity starters at any other school in Orange County. 

892559DD-784C-4587-B55F-3E1A7C2A337B.jpeg

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HurricaneNick said:

Breland is going to see some reps at DT this spring and will be a starter in the fall. A lot of depth in the trenches. Freshman Deandre Carter and Brandon Baker have been working with the varsity. They’d be varsity starters at any other school in Orange County. 

892559DD-784C-4587-B55F-3E1A7C2A337B.jpeg

The Freshman class is stacked with big men. It’s an embarrassment of riches. 

• Thanks 1

Orange Lutheran quarterback Carson Conklin transfers to Centennial

• Dan Albano
  • PUBLISHED: March 3, 2021 at 9:29 a.m. | UPDATED: March 3, 2021 at 9:58 a.m.
  • Categories:High School Sports, Sports
LPT-L-POLY-OLU-1109-530-SV-1.jpg?w=978
Orange Lutheran quarterback Carson Conklin #17 throws the ball in Long Beach on Friday, Nov. 8, 2019. (Photo by Scott Varley, Daily Breeze/SCNG)

Support our high school sports coverage by becoming a digital subscriber. Subscribe now

Orange Lutheran High quarterback Carson Conklin has transferred to Centennial of Corona, the sophomore confirmed. placeholder.png

Conklin, who shared playing time as a freshman with Logan Gonzalez, said he began classes at the Inland Empire powerhouse last month.