Some California news

Ararar

23 minutes ago, badrouter said:

I live in Corona Del Mar now. If they play anyone good at home, I'll swing by and catch some action (I assume from somewhere outside of the stadium lol).

Nice! I’m just a little south of you in Laguna. Battle of the bay between Newport & CDM is always a fun atmosphere. Definitely recommend checking that one out when fans are allowed back in the stadiums. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, HurricaneNick said:

Nice! I’m just a little south of you in Laguna. Battle of the bay between Newport & CDM is always a fun atmosphere. Definitely recommend checking that one out when fans are allowed back in the stadiums. 

I believe if we hit the red tier, 20% attendance is allowed.

Looks like the best games on CDM's schedule are when I'll be out of state. Would be nice to see a county-wide schedule. I'd like to check out the area teams. Was never going to drive down from L.A. on a Friday night! I'm close now.

• Like 1

On 3/8/2021 at 5:32 PM, badrouter said:

I believe if we hit the red tier, 20% attendance is allowed.

Looks like the best games on CDM's schedule are when I'll be out of state. Would be nice to see a county-wide schedule. I'd like to check out the area teams. Was never going to drive down from L.A. on a Friday night! I'm close now.

You might need to double check that cuz I’m not sure if that applies to HS. I know many schools are giving out between 2-4 tickets per player/coach and that will be the only people allowed. 

4 hours ago, SoCalFball said:

All about buying into the hype machine with those two schools. Not saying they are not good but I we all know Cen10 and Mission will be solid year in and year out. 

I dont think Sierra

Canyon in their history has looked the part to challenge a top tier pac1 school.

43 minutes ago, badrouter said:

Better game to check out 3/19: MD @ JSerra or SJB @ Santa Margarita? Quality of teams matters, but so does comfort/niceness of the stadium and the nature of the commute from Newport/CDM.

MD JS is going to be ugly. Santa margarita is trending upwards, jserra is down bad right now. SM home games will be on their campus this year (very nice facility). SM usually plays at saddleback college but that stadium is under renovations. They’re probably both similar commute times from CDM if you’re avoiding tolls. If you’re using tolls, taking the 73 will get you to JS much quicker than SM. 

1 minute ago, HurricaneNick said:

MD JS is going to be ugly. Santa margarita is trending upwards, jserra is down bad right now. SM home games will be on their campus this year (very nice facility). SM usually plays at saddleback college but that stadium is under renovations. They’re probably both similar commute times from CDM if you’re avoiding tolls. If you’re using tolls, taking the 73 will get you to JS much quicker than SM. 

I took the 73 in a toll stretch one way, one time for maybe 1-2 miles and it was like $8. Using it RT and several more miles is probably something absurd. So, unless I got a raw deal, I'm avoiding 73 like the plague. It doesn't seem like a remotely viable option for anyone who's not flat loaded. 

MD may be worth checking out if the sense is they are the top team in the area. I gather neither game is a very good bet to be close. 

1 minute ago, Extremely Humble said:

I was waiting 11 years to post that.  I called it 11 years ago despite the multitude of naysayers. 

Fixed it for you. Congrats btw

LOL.  There were many years they were much better than the ranking but got dropped with losses to MD and SJB and DLS

But The past is the past.  The natural order of the HS football world is back on point. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HurricaneNick said:

Had to share. 😂 #beattheirassateverything 

HUGE Damien Spartan fan tonight. 

6E0D8468-3208-4041-8CCE-6C9F1AA406DF.jpeg

HAHA, I actually coach club and High School water polo. While CA was still shut down we were having tournaments in St. George Utah. Mater Dei was there as well with their club team Vanguard... Your coach is hilarious... I mean that in a good way. Mater Dei is looking pretty nasty this year again.

• Like 1

On 3/11/2021 at 10:31 AM, Ararar said:

Always dubious to put anyone not named MD or SJB ahead of DLS in California 

Mark Tennis is a rube, he likes to stir the pot to make himself look important. His reasoning for Servites ranking is that they “will” play MD and SJB and DLS won’t. What kind of fucked up logic is that?

• Haha 2