Some California news

Ararar

On 4/25/2021 at 5:24 PM, covercorner said:

I could see that being true, MD probably doesn't pursue teams as frequently as Bosco. Next you have a discussion with the powers that be at MD, let them know that when it comes to seeking games. 

Huh?  MD sought out the best two teams in the nation next to themselves, but SJB wanted no part of either IMG or SFA!  I say BS.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

One and done. Not a good look. 

SJB Exhibit B: DBP, GC, STA, DMC, Liberty NV, Mililani, Timpview, SJC, X, BG x2, SPP, Central Catholic OR, SL, Chandler and Jordan. #quantityoverquality 

Not a good look?  One man's opinion.  MD's the only team in the nation to beat the most loaded programs in history.  Not one man's opinion.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

One and done. Not a good look. 

SJB Exhibit B: DBP, GC, STA, DMC, Liberty NV, Mililani, Timpview, SJC, X, BG x2, SPP, Central Catholic OR, SL, Chandler and Jordan. #quantityoverquality 

So you’re openly saying you’d rather MD play more OOS rejects like bosco than play IMG/SFA? Got it. Get us timpview, liberty, central Catholic, milliani, dbp, gc, chandler etc and we’ll run through them all. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, HurricaneNick said:

So you’re openly saying you’d rather MD play more OOS rejects like bosco than play IMG/SFA? Got it. Get us timpview, liberty, central Catholic, milliani, dbp, gc, chandler etc and we’ll run through them all. 

Agreed. Why is an OOS game the end-all-be-all for judging schedules? Those teams that Bosco played are all average. I’d much rather play Cen10, DLS, CC, Sierra Canyon, etc. 

The best thing about an OOS game is the experience for the kids rather than the quality of schedule. MD can have a great schedule playing all Cali teams, thank you very much. I

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bodysurf said:

Agreed. Why is an OOS game the end-all-be-all for judging schedules? Those teams that Bosco played are all average. I’d much rather play Cen10, DLS, CC, Sierra Canyon, etc. 

The best thing about an OOS game is the experience for the kids rather than the quality of schedule. MD can have a great schedule playing all Cali teams, thank you very much. I

Gospel! Would be great to go OOS and play a great team and then play one in the TL vs USA game. Other than that we can fill a schedule against the usual CA teams. Even getting Amat back on the schedule or an Alemany/Cathedral Catholic type team would round out a great pre league schedule. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, HurricaneNick said:

Gospel! Would be great to go OOS and play a great team and then play one in the TL vs USA game. Other than that we can fill a schedule against the usual CA teams. Even getting Amat back on the schedule or an Alemany/Cathedral Catholic type team would round out a great pre league schedule. 

Yes! I would love to get somebody like STA, St Louis, Southlake Carroll, DeMatha, etc on the schedule. But unless we get an opponent of that caliber, we are much better off playing high quality Cali teams.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, HurricaneNick said:

Yeah, but when you're black balled.. and get crickets when you seeking games from Cali teams not named Centennial, what are you to do? I think the notion here GardenState is saying in that Bosco does spend more time and aggressively seeks the OOS games. GS knows enough to see which schools are actively seeking the national matches up. What's Bosco's approach? That is different?

The IMG game and SFA doesn't justify MD's aggressiveness - It just happened that MD and IMG/SFA had the teams to get that match up on the schedule. Those games don't come around every year. 

When it comes Cali teams - Unfortunately its going to take a coach/school who wants to take the challenge on, a coach with Centennials Logan's mentality, a coach who wants to use as measuring stick. Some don't believe in this, some do. They just have to find the ones who do. 

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

I’m saying that SJB is more aggressive in securing OOS games. 

And I am saying that for the most part, given the OOS teams that Bosco has scheduled, I’d  just assume play better in-state completion. Who the hell cares about playing average OOS teams? Bosco has played 2 meaningful OOS games in their recent history against STA and Gorman, and they lost both. There are probably less than 10 teams nationally outside of Cali that I would get excited about MD scheduling them. As an example, I read that somewhere that MD is considering playing some team from Tennessee. I would be one disgruntled booster if I learn my support is going towards funding that type of game. 

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, Bodysurf said:

And I am saying that for the most part, given the OOS teams that Bosco has scheduled, I’d  just assume play better in-state completion. Who the hell cares about playing average OOS teams? Bosco has played 2 meaningful OOS games in their recent history against STA and Gorman, and they lost both. There are probably less than 10 teams nationally outside of Cali that I would get excited about MD scheduling them. As an example, I read that somewhere that MD is considering playing some team from Tennessee. I would be one disgruntled booster if I learn my support is going towards funding that type of game. 

Yep. Heard that from parents before the bosco game. We could boat race teams a lot closer for a lot cheaper. Ex. Bishop Gorman 😉

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Bodysurf said:

I agree with this! It’s not like Cali isn’t considered a power state. There is quality teams up and down the state of California.

• Like 1