Some California news

Ararar

31 minutes ago, FriarJoe said:

That decision to punt on 4th and short with less than 3 minutes left was in fact gutless and also against logic.

I don’t get it? That’s the kind of move that loses a locker room…I am not a fan of TT but alway thought he was a good coach…I don’t get it 

On 10/28/2021 at 8:30 AM, 1901VeniceCub said:

Angelus League Championship up for grabs Friday Night.

The 7-1(1-1) St Paul Swordsmen travel to Downtown Los Angeles to battle 7-2(2-0) Loyola, for the 25th edition of their rivalry. 

Great helmet/uniform matchup.

Loyola looks to extend their series lead over the Swordsmen, which currently stands at 18-5-1. 

77189EE5-4CAB-46DB-975A-3F597F10A5E8.jpeg.08c545480709a87bd6653fb8faf799fe.jpeg

sp vs loyola.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

On 10/28/2021 at 8:30 AM, 1901VeniceCub said:

Angelus League Championship up for grabs Friday Night.

The 7-1(1-1) St Paul Swordsmen travel to Downtown Los Angeles to battle 7-2(2-0) Loyola, for the 25th edition of their rivalry. 

Great helmet/uniform matchup.

Loyola looks to extend their series lead over the Swordsmen, which currently stands at 18-5-1. 

77189EE5-4CAB-46DB-975A-3F597F10A5E8.jpeg.08c545480709a87bd6653fb8faf799fe.jpeg

2 hours ago, HurricaneNick said:

Lame comeback. MD has never accepted a student with the intentions of them leaving after playing a sports season. Talking about 2018 just like block. It’s 2021. No transfers this year. Zero. Same for you? How’s your OC quarterback doing over there? I heard his commute is only 20 miles! #publicschool 

To begin with, you misinterpreted what I was getting, at but I’ll forgive you for getting lost in the intricacies of ambiguity.  Since you brought up the transfer thing though, I’ve blasted back in defense of MD, against GA96, Block, TexasFrog regarding transfers, “cheating” etc. I’ve never claimed Cen10 hasn’t benefitted from transfers. I respect MD accomplishments as a football program. What I can’t defend are character issues like the mercenary incident, spitting in DLS players face, Elias Ricks twice during timeouts during the playoff rout of Cen10, failing to return to his team huddle, instead choosing to go to the Cen10 huddle to unload profane ridden diatribes against Cen10 players, then against the coaching staff.  I could go on if you want. Blasting Servite to make yourself feel better, do I put that into the character issue category?

• Thanks 1
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, HurricaneNick said:

I root for your guys one time and you blow it. @1901VeniceCub 

Say what you will, those Cubbies play entertaining football games, win or lose.

All 3 losses Loyola (7-3) had in the regular season, they led with 5 minutes left to play. All three losses by a COMBINED 7 (SEVEN) TOTAL POINTS 😳

Gotta finish. 

Fingers crossed for a favorable draw in playoffs. 

FYI, I saw Inglewood beat a team 106-0 tonight...

9 hours ago, THEOC89 said:

On a Lighter Note…. Folsom Down 31-21 with 2min Left and Granite Bay Has The Ball in Folsom Terriitory…. 🤣

And a Personal foul just called on Folsom…. 🤣🤣

Folsom is about to be #3 in Their League….. Granite Bay Taking a Knee…. 🤣🤣🤣

@frankyjames, @Extremely Humble, @DogPile

Thoughts???

Please do not tag @DogPileand I with that troll ever again. 

Disappointing season for Folsom. Riddled with injuries and overrated. They were bad without their Qb Tremain. He was clearly the heart and sole of the offense. Should be an interesting off-season. They’ll bring back a lot of talent next year but they need to make some changes. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Extremely Humble said:

Please do not tag @DogPileand I with that troll ever again. 

Disappointing season for Folsom. Riddled with injuries and overrated. They were bad without their Qb Tremain. He was clearly the heart and sole of the offense. Should be an interesting off-season. They’ll bring back a lot of talent next year but they need to make some changes. 

Injuries???…. Other then The Starting QB what other Key Players are out for Folsom????…..

I disagree, Folsom is Done and it has to do with Coaching…. Their New Coach couldn’t make it out of the second round of the playoffs with “The Most Talented Team In Nor Cal” and has lost 5 games in 2 years, all Blowout losses to the Best teams Folsom played….

He doesn’t know how to Coach line play and his team is not tough at all…. His offense looks like 7 on 7 and they are lost on Defense and cannot stop the run or the pass….

That QB that played for Folsom actually did pretty good I thought.The Kid was running for his life and made some good throws and nice plays and he is a Sophomore so maybe there is some talent, but I have watched Folsom 3 Times and just don’t  see it…. 

Even if there is Talent, Talent needs Coaching and right now The Coaching at Folsom is a Joke….

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, THEOC89 said:

Injuries???…. Other then The Starting QB what other Key Players are out for Folsom????…..

I disagree, Folsom is Done and it has to do with Coaching…. Their New Coach couldn’t make it out of the second round of the playoffs with “The Most Talented Team In Nor Cal” and has lost 5 games in 2 years, all Blowout losses to the Best teams Folsom played….

He doesn’t know how to Coach line play and his team is not tough at all…. His offense looks like 7 on 7 and they are lost on Defense and cannot stop the run or the pass….

That QB that played for Folsom actually did pretty good I thought.The Kid was running for his life and made some good throws and nice plays and he is a Sophomore so maybe there is some talent, but I have watched Folsom 3 Times and just don’t  see it…. 

Even if there is Talent, Talent needs Coaching and right now The Coaching at Folsom is a Joke….

Against Rocklin and GB they were playing 2 freshmen and 2 sophomores on their lines. All of them were called up from frosh/jv due to injuries. Their 2nd best WR Justin Arnaz has been out injured since DLS. Their QB who is clearly significantly better than the backups has been out since DLS. They are a very banged up team. GB doesn't win that game if they have everyone playing.

I'll agree that Folsom coaching isn't as good as when Richardson and crew were there. The only teams I can recall manhandling their lines were DLS and also the Grant squad in 2010, both who were elite. 

If you're referring to Folsom being "done" for this year then you're probably right. Especially if Tremain remains out I don't see them going far in the playoffs. If you are referring to Folsom being "done" in the future you are sadly very mistaken. Their talent on the freshmen and JV teams is ridiculous. Both teams went 10-0 blowing out everyone including DLS/Rocklin etc. We haven't even seen what players transfer in next year either. Folsom isn't going anywhere my friend. Kids in Sacramento know if they want to play college ball their best chance is Folsom. They have college coaches at their practices all the time. Maybe it's not fair but it's just the way it is this day and age. 

1 hour ago, Extremely Humble said:

If you're referring to Folsom being "done" for this year then you're probably right. Especially if Tremain remains out I don't see them going far in the playoffs. If you are referring to Folsom being "done" in the future you are sadly very mistaken. Their talent on the freshmen and JV teams is ridiculous. Both teams went 10-0 blowing out everyone including DLS/Rocklin etc. We haven't even seen what players transfer in next year either. Folsom isn't going anywhere my friend. Kids in Sacramento know if they want to play college ball their best chance is Folsom. They have college coaches at their practices all the time. Maybe it's not fair but it's just the way it is this day and age. 

If that is the case Mater Dei is looking for games next season. We would love to play Folsom. Is Folsom going to challenge themselves by scheduling beyond DLS?

3 hours ago, MD87 said:

Just like I predicted! 🤣  Glory days!  They'll pass you by, glory days! 🤣

Got it. Thanks for chiming in on Loyola again. The fan base is global! 

Proud of these young men for battling through adversity all season. 7-3 and a second straight Angelus League Championship after winning 1 game a few seasons ago.

Brick by brick. Playoffs Next.

54B3C480-BDB0-4CD4-9DA3-CCEF5A064D16.jpeg.f72b1bdb8b1dc349c21be9b658921df9.jpeg

• Like 1

13 hours ago, 1901VeniceCub said:

Say what you will, those Cubbies play entertaining football games, win or lose.

All 3 losses Loyola (7-3) had in the regular season, they led with 5 minutes left to play. All three losses by a COMBINED 7 (SEVEN) TOTAL POINTS 😳

Gotta finish. 

Fingers crossed for a favorable draw in playoffs. 

FYI, I saw Inglewood beat a team 106-0 tonight...

We’ll talk shit forever but it was a good season for you guys. But F man losing to the sword fighters for the title. Even hurts me. Now we’ll have to listen to sam talk about that league title win for the next 4 decades. 

Yeah, city section football is something else 🤣

• Haha 2

On 10/30/2021 at 6:04 PM, HurricaneNick said:

Yeah, city section football is something else 🤣

To call the city section a dumpster fire is actually being generous. And it’s all things,  academics, athletics, teachers’ union, etc. They are one of the worst academic performing school districts in the country. It’s so bad they changed the minimum graduation requirement to a 1.0 GPA.  I don’t want this to get political but sadly the elected officials have destroyed this school system which started years ago when they adopted the philosophy of creating ‘equality of outcomes’ for all students rather than focusing on academic rigor and preparing kids for life. 

This tweet is a microcosm of where they are now. Sad. 

city 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 4

3 minutes ago, Bodysurf said:

To call the city section a dumpster fire is actually being generous. And it’s all things,  academics, athletics, teachers’ union, etc. They are one of the worst academic performing school districts in the country. It’s so bad they changed the minimum graduation requirement to a 1.0 GPA.  I don’t want this to get political but sadly the elected officials have destroyed this school system which started years ago when they adopted the philosophy of creating ‘equality of outcomes’ for all students rather than focusing on academic rigor and preparing kids for life. 

This tweet is a microcosm of where they are now. Sad. 

city 

Well said. Horrible! 

• Thanks 1