Some California news

Ararar

3 hours ago, WILKINSON said:

Is that West (UT) game part of the TL vs USA event? If so, I guess St. John Bosco’s opponent is also a team from Utah. 

I don’t believe so. I think it will be the only pre-league home game MD has on the schedule. Assuming another OOS game happens at Panish for the event.  MD plays Gorman, Cen10, and LM all on the road. Should be just a regular home game. 

6 hours ago, HurricaneNick said:

The next big time MD Monarch. He will enroll this fall and play varsity. He and Spencer Shannon (current MD 6’7 225 TE) have had many great battles at the LOS.  

Shaun Scott 6’3.5 220 class of 2026 Under Armour DL MVP. 

1A6EA7B5-00A1-43CA-B8A1-43EDA3B4E7C4.jpeg

5C0FDB10-1EEB-47C1-8741-8B8B515D4594.jpeg

Any notable freshman receivers? 

15 hours ago, Bodysurf said:

Any notable freshman receivers? 

Yes. I will post when they are solidified. March is still fluid for a lot of guys. MD didn’t know Breland was going to be a Monarch until June. Shaun Scott is a lock and so is LV bunkley-sheltons (Gardena Serra) younger brother King. King Shelton already holds offers from Michigan state and Kansas. The freshman classes keep getting better. Cole Leinart will have plenty of talent to throw to. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, 1901VeniceCub said:

Remember when Matt Leinart was going to send his son to Loyola...

6B401547-F1BE-4BAA-9547-C324A854726C.thumb.jpeg.4a6ea994523b7cf6e886728c6424ab80.jpeg

Wonder why Matt had a change of heart two years later? Interesting his son reclassified at MD. 

Yeah, definitely a real hard concept to grasp. A kid with talent at QB is headed to Mater Dei (3 heisman quarterbacks) instead of Loyola. National champions vs 9-4? Tough call.  (& his dad is an alumnus) How could this happen!
Wonder why or you know exactly why? Lol. Maybe Loyola will be able to win their league outright this year. Would be huge for the bone crushing middle linebacker head coach! 💪

• Haha 1

On 3/9/2022 at 7:31 PM, pde769 said:

Great job Cen10 Boys Basketball Teams CIF SS Open Division Champs and Playing in the State Championship game Saturday night. Ranked #2 in the nation Record 32-1 only lose was to #1 Duncanville 75 -70. Go Huskies    

Very impressive.  MC gave them all they could handle in the final, though.  Reminded me of MD vs MC in 2001, also at Arco, except there were 13,500 rabid MC fans there that night, and they had one of the best ballers in CA history (Chuck Hayes).  National #4 MD still took care of business, though, 57-54.  Congrats to the Huskies.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, 1901VeniceCub said:

Remember when Matt Leinart was going to send his son to Loyola...

6B401547-F1BE-4BAA-9547-C324A854726C.thumb.jpeg.4a6ea994523b7cf6e886728c6424ab80.jpeg

Wonder why Matt had a change of heart two years later? Interesting his son reclassified at MD. 

"Interesting"?  Why, pray tell?  Sure as hell isn't gonna play until EB graduates.

On 3/13/2022 at 11:09 PM, HurricaneNick said:

Yes. I will post when they are solidified. March is still fluid for a lot of guys. MD didn’t know Breland was going to be a Monarch until June. Shaun Scott is a lock and so is LV bunkley-sheltons (Gardena Serra) younger brother King. King Shelton already holds offers from Michigan state and Kansas. The freshman classes keep getting better. Cole Leinart will have plenty of talent to throw to. 

How about Marcus Harris?

15 minutes ago, MD87 said:

How about Marcus Harris?

Marcus Harris will be a primary receiver along with Jack Ressler. I fully expect them to utilize Spencer Shannon a lot in the passing game. He is a specimen.
I am anxious to see who Rollo hires as the new WR coach to replace James Finley who was one of several very talented young assistant coaches these past few years but has moved on to a college gig. 

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, Bodysurf said:

Marcus Harris will be a primary receiver along with Jack Ressler. I fully expect them to utilize Spencer Shannon a lot in the passing game. He is a specimen.
I am anxious to see who Rollo hires as the new WR coach to replace James Finley who was one of several very talented young assistant coaches these past few years but has moved on to a college gig. 

Yeah, I feel like Spencer can flip the switch, too, like Big Mike in '18.  Also a similar situation with a young receiving corps.

• Like 1

On 3/13/2022 at 8:09 PM, HurricaneNick said:

You can add former Buckeye WR Jonah Smith. He and Scott are probably the top two guys so far. Smith, smooth route runner, good hands and has a burst after catch. He reminds me of an incoming FR CJ Williams. 

• Like 2

On 3/17/2022 at 8:42 PM, covercorner said:

You can add former Buckeye WR Jonah Smith. He and Scott are probably the top two guys so far. Smith, smooth route runner, good hands and has a burst after catch. He reminds me of an incoming FR CJ Williams. 

Im not worried about the WR group at all. Ton of talent there. Believe it or not Abduall sanders has been killing it on the 7 on 7 circuit at wideout. Ashtiani, onovughe, and Zamora will compliment Jacky and Marcus nicely. Smith could see time too. Davison is getting FED next year.