Jump to content

Some California news


Ararar
 Share

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, HurricaneNick said:

Top 4 divisions in the state were won by So Cal schools this past year. If DLS was what it used to be this wouldn’t be a problem. What national power is in Nor Cal? DLS isn’t what they used to be and Folsom lost 4 times last year. Those are the top programs up there and they’re under delivering. Serra San Mateo maybe would’ve been the last place team in the TL. I’m just saying we can’t blame families for moving to better programs and more exposure. I think DLS is the only school up there that schedules big time OOS schools even though they get the doors kicked in usually. Kids and parents want to be apart of those big time games. I would love for there to be a Northern California program that is good enough to challenge the south every year. I’m sure you guys said the same when DLS was kicking our ass for an entire decade.😂

6931CEBE-071E-4931-AD25-6A5AFEB43135.jpeg

DLS has Never Been a win at all costs program… They are doing the Beat they can with the kids they can get that want to play there 4 years….

SJB is just taking Transfer after Transfer that is what they can try to compete with MD….

No nor Cal team has any Chance right now of competing with MD… Nor Cal is just different from So Cal…. 

There is just not the concentration of Arhletes in one area in Nor Cal like the Southern Section of So Cal…. It way too spread out up here….

  • Thanks 1
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, THEOC89 said:

DLS has Never Been a win at all costs program… They are doing the Beat they can with the kids they can get that want to play there 4 years….

SJB is just taking Transfer after Transfer that is what they can try to compete with MD….

No nor Cal team has any Chance right now of competing with MD… Nor Cal is just different from So Cal…. 

There is just not the concentration of Arhletes in one area in Nor Cal like the Southern Section of So Cal…. It way too spread out up here….

Love & respect this for straight honesty. Great post brother. Hope I can buy you 50 beers when the time comes 👀🍺

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, HurricaneNick said:

Love & respect this for straight honesty. Great post brother. Hope I can buy you 50 beers when the time comes 👀🍺

If I Could Still Drink 50 Beers I would take you up on that!!…🤣

The reality is that with all the camps and showcases and social media, etc kids no longer feel like they have to go to DLS to get exposure and Scholarships…. 

Nor Cal is a different HSFB landscape then it was 2015 and prior…. Just like So Cal is…. 🍻

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, HurricaneNick said:

I would love for there to be a Northern California program that is good enough to challenge the south every year.

By south of course you mean Mater Dei or SJB.   Aside from the open division, the state championship games are generally pretty competitive.   

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, On2whls said:

By south of course you mean Mater Dei or SJB.   Aside from the open division, the state championship games are generally pretty competitive.   

That's because the system is made that way. There's no grouped teams for any divisional bowl game before the season starts. 

 

How competitive would it be if they allowed 1-1, 2-2, 3-3 etc

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, On2whls said:

By south of course you mean Mater Dei or SJB.   Aside from the open division, the state championship games are generally pretty competitive.   

By south I mean south. Top 4 divisions in CA were won by the south. There were at minimum 4 teams from the south that would’ve won the open division this past year. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Must be painful to watch what's going on in California.

Huh? Its not that hard to figure out. its already been going on for decades in Basketball.

If a high school kid has earned the ability to pick his spot why not.

Getting to travel out of state and at minimum 6 games on TV ....Prom @ Sofi stadium.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, BB bos said:

Must be painful to watch what's going on in California.

Huh? 

Not really a "huh" involved.

Has to be painful for other teams and fans of said teams that will never win a California All Star State Championship......unless of course, they happen to pick up 25 transfers in the off season. Likely NOT to happen.

California is just boring!

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

How many State Champions does a State Need.

What's wrong with a D1 D2 D6 State Tittle Arlington and Loara are hanging banners with pride.

California had debates for decades of which team was better when they never played each other on the field.   They figured out a system to rank strength of teams by div and relegate to their proper spot.

No more arguments settled on the field Open D1-D12

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, RedZone said:

California is just boring!

If you’re talking national level, then yes.  Outside of Nevada, it’s the least intriguing state as far as the highest level champion.  It’s one of two teams. 
At the next level down, there’s a lot of quality and competitive football but it’s all in the shadows of the flag bearers.  

But, if you don’t like it, and you’ve made that point excruciatingly clear, why keep harping on it?  

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, On2whls said:

If you’re talking national level, then yes.  Outside of Nevada, it’s the least intriguing state as far as the highest level champion.  It’s one of two teams. 
At the next level down, there’s a lot of quality and competitive football but it’s all in the shadows of the flag bearers.  

But, if you don’t like it, and you’ve made that point excruciatingly clear, why keep harping on it?  

I was commenting on a comment.

Not a big deal.

I guess people in California just accept and roll on.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, On2whls said:

No, not really, but there’s little choice. CIF doesn’t have the power to affect how this is all playing out.  

Power to do what exactly? No rules are being broken. Unless enrollment boundaries are created for private schools, there is no way to prevent this. And that will never happen since that actually would be illegal. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/19/2022 at 1:09 PM, Bodysurf said:

No rules are being broken.

I don’t recall saying rules were being broken.  

 

On 6/19/2022 at 1:09 PM, Bodysurf said:

Unless enrollment boundaries are created for private schools,

This of course would constitute a new rule.

 

On 6/19/2022 at 1:09 PM, Bodysurf said:

And that will never happen since that actually would be illegal. 

Private schools would fight rule changes and have sufficient financial backing to do so. 

I think that pretty much sums it up, don’t you?  CA has become a private school dominated state at the highest level, and it is spreading to the lower levels as well.  At some point public school football in CA will become largely irrelevant.  Since there are far more fans of public school football, then the game itself loses relevance.  Doesn’t make it right or wrong, it’s just they direction we’re headed.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/15/2022 at 8:49 PM, HurricaneNick said:

Jack Ressler

Nate Frazier 

Marcus Harris - just got offered by Georgia today. Here’s some of his highlights from the Georgia camp.

 


Spencer Shannon will start at Tight End - Texas commit 6’7 240. 
 

Last spot is up for grabs and a lot of competition. There are 2 incoming freshman receivers with power 5 offers that had their first today. Looked good and should see time. 

Man over here watching MD film its hard to break down because of brown, Williams, craig,Bailey and the dline was cheat codes 

But what does return is oline and some dline and brown also Ressler isn't bad and shannon isn't Martinez alittle stiff but solid 

DBs are young but talented with davis ,Macdonald, brown and LBs are solid group

WRS going to have to step up for brown 

davison and byrant will be a great 1,2 punch 

We have our hands full with not alot of guy's playing hard to get a idea besides play calling and with us we basically return the whole team but 5 guy's so you guy's have film 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Antt said:

Man over here watching MD film its hard to break down because of brown, Williams, craig,Bailey and the dline was cheat codes 

But what does return is oline and some dline and brown also Ressler isn't bad and shannon isn't Martinez alittle stiff but solid 

DBs are young but talented with davis ,Macdonald, brown and LBs are solid group

WRS going to have to step up for brown 

davison and byrant will be a great 1,2 punch 

We have our hands full with not alot of guy's playing hard to get a idea besides play calling and with us we basically return the whole team but 5 guy's so you guy's have film 

I’ve watched MD football for a long time and David Bailey has probably been the best player to come through the program. Insane athlete with instincts and motor. Jordan Davison has the potential to have a Bailey type impact on the other side of the ball these next 3 years. With 4 of 5 returning on the OL and a rising senior with P5 offers replacing the only guy to leave, I’m comfortable we’ll be able to run the ball.  I agree that the WR core has something to prove. I think they’ll surprise some people this year, I’m expecting Marcus Harris to have a huge year and compliment ressler. Having Shannon be comfortable with his hand in the dirt basically gives us an extra lineman when we need it. DL also returns a bunch, we rotated 7 guys on the interior DL last year. I think we’ll have 6 deep there this year. Incoming freshman DL with 13 offers Tomuhini Topui will see a ton of action. Depth along the lines will be our greatest asset this year IMO. Tough to play with those guys for 4 quarters when they keep coming in fresh. Both teams are stupid talented. Alejado will see the best defense he’s seen. I think the game will fall on his shoulders. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, HurricaneNick said:

I’ve watched MD football for a long time and David Bailey has probably been the best player to come through the program. Insane athlete with instincts and motor. Jordan Davison has the potential to have a Bailey type impact on the other side of the ball these next 3 years. With 4 of 5 returning on the OL and a rising senior with P5 offers replacing the only guy to leave, I’m comfortable we’ll be able to run the ball.  I agree that the WR core has something to prove. I think they’ll surprise some people this year, I’m expecting Marcus Harris to have a huge year and compliment ressler. Having Shannon be comfortable with his hand in the dirt basically gives us an extra lineman when we need it. DL also returns a bunch, we rotated 7 guys on the interior DL last year. I think we’ll have 6 deep there this year. Incoming freshman DL with 13 offers Tomuhini Topui will see a ton of action. Depth along the lines will be our greatest asset this year IMO. Tough to play with those guys for 4 quarters when they keep coming in fresh. Both teams are stupid talented. Alejado will see the best defense he’s seen. I think the game will fall on his shoulders. 

Bailey better than Mccoy on defense and Solomon an ricks those 3 was great 

Yeah definitely will be a war it's crazy because gorman rotate 7-8 DLINEMAN Also 

Yeah the davison nice thank god we have all D1 LBS with the 2 transfers and they don't need shannon that line is ready 

Alejado is probably the 4th best player on the team behind 

1.Lofton 

2.branch

3.SJ

4. ALEJADO 

But he's a great qb best I've seen at gorman since Solomon in like 2012

Only has 2 offers because he's 5'9

But he has the schedule to get eye's on him this year 

MD WRS Definitely going to have to make plays but our DBs 

4 returners

CB Georgia commit

Ss Oregon Commit 

CB Lsu or Washington Commit 

FS has unlv, Hawaii, San Diego st 

3 others have offers including the 1 from MD but he's definitely not starting he we return to much talent 

Also have a few transfers but we can't post until kids do smh what kind of time's we live in lol and I think I've posted 1 or 2 on our Twitter page 

For you guy's I think brown going to have to show them legs off which if he gets going could be a nightmare for us be I definitely like that kid and believe me or not branch won't be the biggest factor for us that game on offense but branch is special special 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Antt said:

Bailey better than Mccoy on defense and Solomon an ricks those 3 was great 

Yeah definitely will be a war it's crazy because gorman rotate 7-8 DLINEMAN Also 

Yeah the davison nice thank god we have all D1 LBS with the 2 transfers and they don't need shannon that line is ready 

Alejado is probably the 4th best player on the team behind 

1.Lofton 

2.branch

3.SJ

4. ALEJADO 

But he's a great qb best I've seen at gorman since Solomon in like 2012

Only has 2 offers because he's 5'9

But he has the schedule to get eye's on him this year 

MD WRS Definitely going to have to make plays but our DBs 

4 returners

CB Georgia commit

Ss Oregon Commit 

CB Lsu or Washington Commit 

FS has unlv, Hawaii, San Diego st 

3 others have offers including the 1 from MD but he's definitely not starting he we return to much talent 

Also have a few transfers but we can't post until kids do smh what kind of time's we live in lol and I think I've posted 1 or 2 on our Twitter page 

For you guy's I think brown going to have to show them legs off which if he gets going could be a nightmare for us be I definitely like that kid and believe me or not branch won't be the biggest factor for us that game on offense but branch is special special 

I just watched the Central game. Special teams cost them big time with the blocked punt and missed FG. Who replaces Cyrus moss? 

Dylan Tulloch had a day against BG defense. You’re going to have to make Elijah way more uncomfortable. No way that kid should have had thrown for 230 yards against Gormans secondary. Does #4 return? Couldn’t find his name on the roster. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, HurricaneNick said:

I just watched the Central game. Special teams cost them big time with the blocked punt and missed FG. Who replaces Cyrus moss? 

Dylan Tulloch had a day against BG defense. You’re going to have to make Elijah way more uncomfortable. No way that kid should have had thrown for 230 yards against Gormans secondary. Does #4 return? Couldn’t find his name on the roster. 

@Antt 🫢

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/19/2022 at 11:00 AM, On2whls said:

If you’re talking national level, then yes.  Outside of Nevada, it’s the least intriguing state as far as the highest level champion.  It’s one of two teams. 
At the next level down, there’s a lot of quality and competitive football but it’s all in the shadows of the flag bearers.  

But, if you don’t like it, and you’ve made that point excruciatingly clear, why keep harping on it?  

Nevada only has 77 teams in the whole state that play 11 man football. And only 20 teams in 5A our highest classification. So that fact that at least two of our 5A teams are nationally relevant is pretty amazing considering how many thousands of other schools there are in America. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...