Some California news

Ararar

On 6/21/2022 at 10:14 PM, MD87 said:

Nuts how a Westlake and North Shore (and GA's and FL's top teams) don't have to play each other.  

We may not get a Westlake vs North Shore match-up every year but last year in the playoffs there were some not-too-shabby matchups;

North Shore vs Duncanville

Westlake vs Katy

Southlake Carroll vs Duncanville

Westlake vs Denton Guyer

Atascocita vs North Shore

Allen vs Euless Trinity

Lake Travis vs North Shore

16 hours ago, WILKINSON said:

We may not get a Westlake vs North Shore match-up every year but last year in the playoffs there were some not-too-shabby matchups;

North Shore vs Duncanville

Westlake vs Katy

Southlake Carroll vs Duncanville

Westlake vs Denton Guyer

Atascocita vs North Shore

Allen vs Euless Trinity

Lake Travis vs North Shore

Agreed, but the top two need to play each other every year.  Like I said, CIF gets plenty of crap (some of it deserved), but at least they got that right.

17 hours ago, SeaShells21 said:

They played each other last year in the semifinals.

Yes, completely aware of that.  My point is the state's top two need to play every season in an open final, and that would have been Westlake and NS this past season.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Las Vegas_JC said:

According to the CIF transfer portal MD has more transfers than SJB at this point. 

https://www.cifsshome.org/public-transfers.php

B7541E4C-D436-4507-BA9E-2713861BC4EE.png

73F1D0A8-C2A4-4CD2-9886-A90F054E2D54.png

C352C41B-9D40-46EA-93B0-E6B5BA3E81C0.png

That’s for all sports though including Girls sports…. SJB is an all boys school and I know there is no way that MD has 40 Football transfers my guess is it’s lower then 15….

Plus, these kids going to SJB are all Juniors and Seniors I don’t recall hearing about any Upperclassman transferring in to MD but @HurricaneNick @Bodysurf or @MD87 would know better then I….

36 minutes ago, THEOC89 said:

That’s for all sports though including Girls sports…. SJB is an all boys school and I know there is no way that MD has 40 Football transfers my guess is it’s lower then 15….

Plus, these kids going to SJB are all Juniors and Seniors I don’t recall hearing about any Upperclassman transferring in to MD but @HurricaneNick @Bodysurf or @MD87 would know better then I….

MD got 1 meaningful transfer in Nate Frazier that will get playing time at DB\WR. At least that I am aware of.

And the outrage that a school like MD that is coed and has twice as many students as Bosco has more transfers than Bosco. Lol. If you look at that list, half are female and some are international students. 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, THEOC89 said:

1 football transfer that will play if he earns it. Good kid, quick, but has a lot to learn. The offense TK’s running isn’t something you pick up over night and there are talented kids that know the position well already. Really no reason to take a bunch of transfers when we return so much from last years “decent” team Lol. Bosco and gorman are taking a completely different approach for this next year. You’re spot on about bosco, their transfers are seniors that’ll be there for 15 weeks and then head to college. They aren’t breaking any rules, but it’s pretty clear they are all in on winning it this year. Maybe the plan is to do it the same way for the next few years. MD has won 7 of the last 10 meetings and has really dominated them on the freshman level for the past few years. I’d assume Jason sees these big time transfer pickups as “necessary”. It’ll be interesting to see what happens. I’d much rather roll with the kids we have. Chemistry and continuity go along way on the field. Add the talent and coaching and the product is tough to beat. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, MD87 said:

Yes, completely aware of that.  My point is the state's top two need to play every season in an open final, and that would have been Westlake and NS this past season.

For this to happen, I believe UIL would first need to cut down its number of teams that come out of the 32 districts. Right now it’s 4 teams per district.

The two larger enrollment schools into 6A Division 1 and the two smaller into 6A Division 2.

If that number was cut to 2 teams per district, that would allow for the 6AD1 and 6AD2 winners to play each other for the 16th game to decide just one 6A state champion.

My only issue with that is I believe we would see the same two teams coming out of the districts every year with no possibility for upsets or disparity in playoffs.

Maybe I am wrong but I think that would mess up what makes it special as it is now.

22 minutes ago, SeaShells21 said:

For this to happen, I believe UIL would first need to cut down its number of teams that come out of the 32 districts. Right now it’s 4 teams per district.

The two larger enrollment schools into 6A Division 1 and the two smaller into 6A Division 2.

If that number was cut to 2 teams per district, that would allow for the 6AD1 and 6AD2 winners to play each other for the 16th game to decide just one 6A state champion.

My only issue with that is I believe we would see the same two teams coming out of the districts every year with no possibility for upsets or disparity in playoffs.

Maybe I am wrong but I think that would mess up what makes it special as it is now.

The simple way to do this would be send the 1st and 2nd place team from every district into division 1. 3rd and 4th place into division 2

58 minutes ago, HurricaneNick said:

@MD87 @Bodysurf Jurrion Dickey has moved to Costa Mesa and will attend Mater Dei. Wouldn’t post if the source wasn’t bulletproof. Seems to have USC written all over this one. Sondheimer will have a fit within the week.

Sondy will have a fit no doubt. I almost wish this was not the case. If the kid wants to attend MD, he should have every right to do so. But I just know that everybody is going to be saying that we recruited this kid to transfer. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, HurricaneNick said:

@MD87 @Bodysurf Jurrion Dickey has moved to Costa Mesa and will attend Mater Dei. Wouldn’t post if the source wasn’t bulletproof. Seems to have USC written all over this one. Sondheimer will have a fit within the week.

That was the guy I was talking about you had transferring in

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, HurricaneNick said:

All 4 will be on the field together a ton. Go empty and add spencer. Frazier is really a slot guy. Harris can line up outside. The rotation will change depending on what’s called. Good to add a big tall X though. 

Are they both junior transfers? Also...why do you MD guys even give Sondy interviews? I would never give him the time of day if he slandered me like that lol

14 hours ago, Bodysurf said:

Sondy will have a fit no doubt. I almost wish this was not the case. If the kid wants to attend MD, he should have every right to do so. But I just know that everybody is going to be saying that we recruited this kid to transfer. 

…..Kendall Milton, Raleek Brown, Jurrion Dickey….   
None of these players suffered lack of exposure or were starving for offers prior to waking up one day and deciding that Mater Dei was the school they wanted to attend.  People will question the incentive.  In Dickey’s case, hasn’t he already been on the Kelly Clarkson show and received money from Pilot Pens?  You know what that suggests about motive.  
You just gotta hope he doesn’t get homesick after earning his ring. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Elliot Hulsez said:

Are they both junior transfers? Also...why do you MD guys even give Sondy interviews? I would never give him the time of day if he slandered me like that lol

His media pass should’ve been blocked at the heisman ceremony but MD knew how big the tantrum that guy would’ve thrown if he wasn’t allowed in. Kids and coaches shouldn’t talk to him. I agree.

7 minutes ago, On2whls said:

None of these players suffered lack of exposure or were starving for offers prior to waking up one day and deciding that Mater Dei was the school they wanted to attend.  People will question the incentive.  In Dickey’s case, hasn’t he already been on the Kelly Clarkson show and received money from Pilot Pens?  You know what that suggests about motive.  

The motive is obviously chasing a ring. I am not naive to think otherwise. Dickey is already considered one of the best WR in the country so, as you said, he does not need the exposure. Players of this caliber often enroll in college early. So he may only attend MD for 1 semester. There is nothing illegal with this provided he meets all the eligibility and graduation requirements. I just personally hate the optics. 

3 minutes ago, On2whls said:

Kendall Milton played at MD? Must have missed that season. Some kids want to play at the highest level and compete everyday at practice. You and others can think whatever you’d like, and assume any intentions and motives that fit the narrative you want to believe. Nothing wrong with that. You should know that we purchase housing for the players and their families, give each parent 6 figure jobs, 2 new range rovers, a credit card with no credit limit, and pay for relocation. Lol. We actually showed up to his high school and pulled him out of class to recruit him! In reality, his family moved to Orange County and chose to play for the best program in his area. A top 100 player transfers to Bosco and not a peep, a receiver transfers to MD and now we’re questioning motives. The MD love and obsession is appreciated! 

• Haha 1