Some California news

Ararar

4 minutes ago, Bodysurf said:

The motive is obviously chasing a ring. I am not naive to think otherwise. Dickey is already considered one of the best WR in the country so, as you said, he does not need the exposure. Players of this caliber often enroll in college early. So he may only attend MD for 1 semester. There is nothing illegal with this provided he meets all the eligibility and graduation requirements. I just personally hate the optics. 

He’s only 16 and is not on pace to graduate early. 

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Bodysurf said:

The motive is obviously chasing a ring. I am not naive to think otherwise. 

Getting reps every single day at practice against 4/5 star DB’s. Getting live game reps against 4/5 star DB’s. Getting coached by one of the best receiver coaches. All things that were not available to him at his last school. Just like Raleek. There were gunshots at the last game raleek played in Stockton. These internet guys still hated on that move too. Hate it or love it, MD isn’t going out and recruiting kids and having them relocate to a different area to play football. It’s a decision made by parents or guardians that requires a huge commitment. Everyone is entitled to believe what they want. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, HurricaneNick said:

All 4 will be on the field together a ton. Go empty and add spencer. Frazier is really a slot guy. Harris can line up outside. The rotation will change depending on what’s called. Good to add a big tall X though. 

I know we have 6 D1 wrs but they can't all play and our TE is probably the best we ever had so I know you guy's will probably do the same and go 

3 wrs and TE 

because shannon has to be on the field 

Davison has to play 

So someone will be a bench guy that rotates in 

I'm thinking dickey, Ressler, Harris 

34 minutes ago, On2whls said:

…..Kendall Milton, Raleek Brown, Jurrion Dickey….   
None of these players suffered lack of exposure or were starving for offers prior to waking up one day and deciding that Mater Dei was the school they wanted to attend.  People will question the incentive.  In Dickey’s case, hasn’t he already been on the Kelly Clarkson show and received money from Pilot Pens?  You know what that suggests about motive.  
You just gotta hope he doesn’t get homesick after earning his ring. 

17 minutes ago, HurricaneNick said:

Kendall Milton played at MD? Must have missed that season. Some kids want to play at the highest level and compete everyday at practice. You and others can think whatever you’d like, and assume any intentions and motives that fit the narrative you want to believe. Nothing wrong with that. You should know that we purchase housing for the players and their families, give each parent 6 figure jobs, 2 new range rovers, a credit card with no credit limit, and pay for relocation. Lol. We actually showed up to his high school and pulled him out of class to recruit him! In reality, his family moved to Orange County and chose to play for the best program in his area. A top 100 player transfers to Bosco and not a peep, a receiver transfers to MD and now we’re questioning motives. The MD love and obsession is appreciated! 

I am 99.9% positive Kendall Milton finished at Buchannon…. DLS played them his SR year at home and I remember that I was going to go to the game to see him play but heard  he was hurt and not going to play so I didn’t go….

Raleek Brown wanted to go to MD from day 1 but there was some reason he spent his 1st 2 years in Stockton…. DLS would have loved to have him when he was a Frosh or soph but he was going to go to MD no matter what….

I know I spend alot of time on the game day drink thread but I am pretty sure I am accurate about these 2 things….🤣🤣

• Haha 3

8 minutes ago, HurricaneNick said:

Kendall Milton played at MD? Must have missed that season. Some kids want to play at the highest level and compete everyday at practice. You and others can think whatever you’d like, and assume any intentions and motives that fit the narrative you want to believe. Nothing wrong with that. You should know that we purchase housing for the players and their families, give each parent 6 figure jobs, 2 new range rovers, a credit card with no credit limit, and pay for relocation. Lol. We actually showed up to his high school and pulled him out of class to recruit him! In reality, his family moved to Orange County and chose to play for the best program in his area. A top 100 player transfers to Bosco and not a peep, a receiver transfers to MD and now we’re questioning motives. The MD love and obsession is appreciated! 

Seriously, I was just commenting on the optics.  As regards Bosco, maybe nobody comments, because nobody on here is trying to sell that transfers aren’t a significant factor in their success.   

1 minute ago, On2whls said:

Seriously, I was just commenting on the optics.  As regards Bosco, maybe nobody comments, because nobody on here is trying to sell that transfers aren’t a significant factor in their success.   

I don’t think any MD alum is trying to sell that. There are Northern California 3rd party posters on here that see the hypocrisy that comes from major media outlets. That’s all I’m getting at. Every school takes transfers, including yours. Is the QB from Orange County going to rotate for Cen10 again this year or has he graduated? Fact of the matter is, if Dickey or Raleek brown show up at Cen10, they're going to play. 

11 minutes ago, Antt said:

I know we have 6 D1 wrs but they can't all play and our TE is probably the best we ever had so I know you guy's will probably do the same and go 

3 wrs and TE 

because shannon has to be on the field 

Davison has to play 

So someone will be a bench guy that rotates in 

I'm thinking dickey, Ressler, Harris 

We went empty with Raleek, we’ll go empty this year. Wish we would’ve seen more of Raleek in the slot though. You are spot on about the best look probably being 3 wide + Shannon and Davison. It’s no secret that were going to feed Jordan and Ajon. Your guys secondary is loaded but if we go heavy you’ll have to trade some of those stud DB’s out for some tacklers. I think Bosco is going to try and go run heavy against us and max protect when they do pass. Going to be interesting, i wish gorman was in the trinity league. 

5 minutes ago, HurricaneNick said:

I don’t think any MD alum is trying to sell that. There are Northern California 3rd party posters on here that see the hypocrisy that comes from major media outlets. That’s all I’m getting at. Every school takes transfers, including yours. Is the QB from Orange County going to rotate for Cen10 again this year or has he graduated? Fact of the matter is, if Dickey or Raleek brown show up at Cen10, they're going to play. 

I agree 100%.  Cen10 has had numerous transfers over the years that were pivotal to their success. The top SS programs all have.  I also agree that MD’s recent success has resulted in it being an attractive program to top  athletes coming in as freshmen, and that creates the need for less transfers, to maintain the same level of success.  Still, even 1 guy that makes an impact, and is a transfer, makes trying to downplay a programs success due to transfers indefensible. At least that’s the way I look at it.

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, HurricaneNick said:

Is the QB from Orange County going to rotate for Cen10 again this year or has he graduated?

He’ll be a senior, just like the other kid.  They are both good players, and their skill sets are somewhat complementary.  Still, it’s too bad in both cases that each has significantly fewer reps compared to QB’s that didn’t split time,  and thus maybe haven’t been able to maximize their potential to this point. Either one could have been a two to three year starter at a lot of other schools.  Logan has been very loyal to transfer QB’s over the past several years but I’m not sure it’s a sustainable formula.

• Like 2

I haven’t been around much of late, so if already mentioned prior… delete thx. 

I watched this heartbreaking episode.  Coach Lad and Eidson were interviewed.  
After watching the episode, I researched Kelly and Oregon and he was slated to play on defense.  The episode focused on his RB achievements, so the D mention was a surprise to me.  

https://dlsspartans.org/news/terrance-kelly-04-to-be-featured-on-investigation-discovery-series

• Like 2

2 hours ago, HurricaneNick said:

His media pass should’ve been blocked at the heisman ceremony but MD knew how big the tantrum that guy would’ve thrown if he wasn’t allowed in. Kids and coaches shouldn’t talk to him. I agree.

I mean unless the dude starts respecting the program first. Respect is a two way street,not one

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Bodysurf said:

Sondy will have a fit no doubt. I almost wish this was not the case. If the kid wants to attend MD, he should have every right to do so. But I just know that everybody is going to be saying that we recruited this kid to transfer. 

The gall of twits like Sondy.  To think that families WHO ARE OBEYING THE RULES AS THEY STAND shouldn't have the freedom to decide what's best for their kid is the height of selfishness and arrogance. 

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, golfaddict1 said:

I haven’t been around much of late, so if already mentioned prior… delete thx. 

I watched this heartbreaking episode.  Coach Lad and Eidson were interviewed.  
After watching the episode, I researched Kelly and Oregon and he was slated to play on defense.  The episode focused on his RB achievements, so the D mention was a surprise to me.  

https://dlsspartans.org/news/terrance-kelly-04-to-be-featured-on-investigation-discovery-series

Had the privilege of watching that young man play in person a handful of times when I lived in the Bay Area.  The one that stood out was the ECA game.  Would've watched him play on Sundays, I'm sure of it.  RIP

https://www.nbcnews.com/id/wbna3274106

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Duckburghsfinest1987 said:

safe to say, typo error, so my guess is, in MD's case, MD has just attracted more talent than Bosco has, attract in the sense to get the athletes to enroll as freshman instead of transferring

the 2017 and 2018, and 2021 MD MNC teams, how many were transfers on those rosters? just to compare the MD and Bosco transfers over the years

7 hours ago, HurricaneNick said:

Bosco got another transfer from the state of Georgia. 6’3 300lbs class of 2024. Jason did an in home visit last week and sealed the deal (;

That tool from GA's really gonna have a fit now!  I bet he's making a ghetto photoshop of Jason for his new avatar right now!

• Haha 1

On 6/25/2022 at 10:30 PM, HurricaneNick said:

@MD87 @Bodysurf Jurrion Dickey has moved to Costa Mesa and will attend Mater Dei. Wouldn’t post if the source wasn’t bulletproof. Seems to have USC written all over this one. Sondheimer will have a fit within the week.

And just like that, with Jack, Mar, Nate and Dickey, our WR room is looking damn scary.  You wanna re-think #1, Maxpreps?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Duckburghsfinest1987 said:

safe to say, typo error, so my guess is, in MD's case, MD has just attracted more talent than Bosco has, attract in the sense to get the athletes to enroll as freshman instead of transferring

Indeed.

I don’t know the exact record but MD has won most of the Freshmen games against  Bosco (and everybody) over the past decade. You just have to look at next season projected starters. Probably 17-18 out of 22 enrolled as Freshmen. Likewise for kids that get time in the rotation.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bodysurf said:

Indeed.

I don’t know the exact record but MD has won most of the Freshmen games against  Bosco (and everybody) over the past decade. You just have to look at next season projected starters. Probably 17-18 out of 22 enrolled as Freshmen. Likewise for kids that get time in the rotation.

I think the Maxpreps writers saw the MD allegations and lawsuits and were left with a sour taste in their mouth. Not wanting to put them at 1. They're journalists ofc they saw it.

• Like 1