Some California news

Ararar

15 minutes ago, HurricaneNick said:

Steve clarkson is getting the kid an NIL deal to bring him out here. Can’t make money off NIL as an HS athlete in Texas. Pierce has never beaten Mater Dei. Braves are loaded but will have to start over after this season. 

Dang. Good for him. I was gonna keep an eye on El Campo this year because of him. He’s one of those stars that could’ve drastically changed the result of the game for a small school. 

I was lowkey hoping he would transfer to North Shore or Katy when I saw he was from El Campo. But, SJB is a much better choice for him. 

Dang. SJB really out there trying very hard! Wonder why. 😎

• Like 1

On 6/27/2022 at 4:04 PM, Bodysurf said:

You are correct about Bryce Young. He would have attended MD sooner if not for JT Daniels. Same for Miller Moss. He attended MD camps prior to high school but transferred to MD for his senior season only after BY graduated. Although Moss never played since there was no Fall season in 2020.

i know its a difficult question to answer, so i thought i would make it easier, i'm not asking anymore on the amount of transfers MD has had compared to Bosco since both became what they are now, but which MD Natty team, as in, the 2017, 2018, and 2021 MD teams, of those 3 MD teams, which MD team of those had the most transfers on their roster?

2 hours ago, Duckburghsfinest1987 said:

i know its a difficult question to answer, so i thought i would make it easier, i'm not asking anymore on the amount of transfers MD has had compared to Bosco since both became what they are now, but which MD Natty team, as in, the 2017, 2018, and 2021 MD teams, of those 3 MD teams, which MD team of those had the most transfers on their roster?

Definitely not 2021. Perhaps 2017.

5 hours ago, HurricaneNick said:

Steve clarkson is getting the kid an NIL deal to bring him out here. Can’t make money off NIL as an HS athlete in Texas. Pierce has never beaten Mater Dei. Braves are loaded but will have to start over after this season. 

We still have the better RB imnsho....

2 hours ago, Bodysurf said:

Definitely not 2021. Perhaps 2017.

I think it would have to be the 2017,18 and 19 Teams but 2019 it started to slow down….

The thing I Luv about MD was when they were “Going all SJB” with the transfers, they had the Balls to Schedule both IMG and SFA and they played IMG with a 1st year QB….

So to me that is why Rollo is Such a great Coach, He adapted to the Changing HSFB landscape and wasn’t afraid to play the Best Teams in The Country…..

Lad gets the props as the #1 CA HSFB coach of all time but Rollo is right there with Winning Natty’s in 2 Different HSFB Era’s and was key in DLS’s Streak being Validated  with that Great 1998 win over MD who was USAT National Champs in 94 and 96….

• Like 1

4 hours ago, THEOC89 said:

and they played IMG with a 1st year QB….

MD’s first year QB was much better than IMG’s QB, so IMG was pretty one dimensional during that contest. To this day I still wonder how it is that IMG couldn’t find a better QB.  

Their run game was pretty impressive though. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, On2whls said:

MD’s first year QB was much better than IMG’s QB, so IMG was pretty one dimensional during that contest. To this day I still wonder how it is that IMG couldn’t find a better QB.  

Their run game was pretty impressive though. 

I don't understand why IMG didn't keep running the ball.  we were getting worn down with Cain and Sanders pounding us.  

18 hours ago, HurricaneNick said:

I agree. It would’ve been nice to shut down their run game and make Pierce beat us through the air. That’s a little harder now. 

Man 42-24 MD PIERCE IS THE MOST OVERRATED QB IN AWHILE ON THE WEST COAST AND HIS DADDY HELPS HIM MORE THAN HIS GAME 

• Haha 1

On 6/29/2022 at 8:10 PM, THEOC89 said:

I think it would have to be the 2017,18 and 19 Teams but 2019 it started to slow down….

The thing I Luv about MD was when they were “Going all SJB” with the transfers, they had the Balls to Schedule both IMG and SFA and they played IMG with a 1st year QB….

So to me that is why Rollo is Such a great Coach, He adapted to the Changing HSFB landscape and wasn’t afraid to play the Best Teams in The Country…..

Lad gets the props as the #1 CA HSFB coach of all time but Rollo is right there with Winning Natty’s in 2 Different HSFB Era’s and was key in DLS’s Streak being Validated  with that Great 1998 win over MD who was USAT National Champs in 94 and 96….

MD was also key in DLS's '98 Natty by defeating Poly in the SS 'ship.   If Poly had beaten MD by more than 7, the Natty would've been theirs.  Thanks to Groots and the greatest individual performance in HS football history.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, MD87 said:

MD was also key in DLS's '98 Natty by defeating Poly in the SS 'ship.   If Poly had beaten MD by more than 7, the Natty would've been theirs.  Thanks to Groots and the greatest individual performance in HS football history.

It didn’t matter. De La Salle was number one in the state and country when they beat MD and they did not lose the rest of the year. LBP was not gonna jump them iif they won out, which they did, it was a done deal.

They don’t use comparative scores to leapfrog teams, I’ve never see that criteria listed ever from CalHi or USA Today? 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, MD87 said:

Lmfao. Yeah… “individual.” The offensive line opened up massive holes for him all game. And even though he only carried 33 times, he fumbled four of them. They recovered three, and one of the fumbles took a really lucky bounce into the arms of a running lineman who took it 40 yards for a TD. And they won by seven points. He played an incredible game, but let’s stop with this nonsense that Matt Grootegoed beat LBP by himself, can we? 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, MD87 said:

and i think the only times a CA public school, keyword public school, has come close to winning a Natty, an MNC in HS Football, were the 2004 Mission Viejo team(Mark Sanchez's senior year), and the 2015 CC team if they believed in kicking field goals.

8 minutes ago, Duckburghsfinest1987 said:

and i think the only times a CA public school, keyword public school, has come close to winning a Natty, an MNC in HS Football, were the 2004 Mission Viejo team(Mark Sanchez's senior year), and the 2015 CC team if they believed in kicking field goals.

I think you’ve posted this on here 8 million times

• Haha 3

6 hours ago, GoBigBlack said:

Lmfao. Yeah… “individual.” The offensive line opened up massive holes for him all game. And even though he only carried 33 times, he fumbled four of them. They recovered three, and one of the fumbles took a really lucky bounce into the arms of a running lineman who took it 40 yards for a TD. And they won by seven points. He played an incredible game, but let’s stop with this nonsense that Matt Grootegoed beat LBP by himself, can we? 

😂😂😂 your feelings ok little sister? 

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, GoBigBlack said:

You just can't help yourself, can you?  Never said, explicitly or implicitly, that Groots beat LBP "by himself," and everyone on here but you and your snarky ass knows it.  Winning BOTH OFFENSIVE AND DEFENSIVE MVP (who the hell else does that?!), in the friggin SS championship, against the #2 team in the nation/most loaded team of that era, no less, is the greatest individual performance in history, and if dude hadn't that night , LBP wins, and probably by enough to wrest the Natty from DLS.  Darrell Rideaux, who, unlike you, actually played in that game, would almost certainly concur:

"On paper, we should have run away with this game. You had myself and Kareem Kelly who played at USC, Chris Lewis who went to Stanford, Larry Croom, Dennis Link, we had a lot of guys who ended up playing college football. You can't measure the heart of a Matt Grootegoed though. I've never seen someone in a zone and so focused as he was that night. It seemed like as the game went along he just got stronger and stronger and his teammates fed off that. We just didn't have an answer for him. He changed the dynamic of the whole game."

Just shut up already.

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, Cossacks said:

It didn’t matter. De La Salle was number one in the state and country when they beat MD and they did not lose the rest of the year. LBP was not gonna jump them iif they won out, which they did, it was a done deal.

They don’t use comparative scores to leapfrog teams, I’ve never see that criteria listed ever from CalHi or USA Today? 

Like hell it didn't.  (And where have you seen any "criteria listed" by either of those publications?  Please post them.)  If Poly - which was also undefeated, ranked #2 going into the game, and with a better SOS than DLS due to the SS playoffs - had beaten MD by 2-3 TDs, you sure as hell better believe Poly would've finished #1.  Fifteen dudes from DLS traveled to SoCal for the game.  To cheer on LBP, undoubtedly. Sure.