Some California news

Ararar

15 minutes ago, Bodysurf said:

Marco Coleman will be a good player for Cen10. 

Sure, he won’t hurt, but they need more up front and a number 1 cover guy if they are to have a successful season.  9-2 with second round playoff exit to TL 1 or 2 is not a successful season. 

39 minutes ago, HurricaneNick said:

All 3 levels are really good. You’re right that pads will help. Zabien brown is DB1 and did not play in the Bosco tourney. I don’t think there will be a recurring problem on D during the season. 

Yeah DBS are definitely the weakness then LBS and DLINE IS THE PROBLEM CHILD 

1 hour ago, On2whls said:

Sure, he won’t hurt, but they need more up front and a number 1 cover guy if they are to have a successful season.  9-2 with second round playoff exit to TL 1 or 2 is not a successful season. 

That’s about the best you can expect from a public school in D1

16 hours ago, Exocet 98 said:

The Champions, How 'bout them Devils!

FB_IMG_1657416740054.jpg

Getting Shut out 21-0 by MV Couldn’t be More Hilarious for SJB!!….🤣

SJB has A D1 QB who gets Shut out in 7 on 7 and a Bunch of Supposed 4* DB’s and Transfer DB’s that give up 21 points…. 🤣🤣

No Wonder Negro is Ducking BG and SFA this year…. Maybe Negro can find a Transfer QB and some good Transfer WR’s before the season starts…. MD by at least 17…. 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, THEOC89 said:

Getting Shut out 21-0 by MV Couldn’t be More Hilarious for SJB!!….🤣

SJB has A D1 QB who gets Shut out in 7 on 7 and a Bunch of Supposed 4* DB’s and Transfer DB’s that give up 21 points…. 🤣🤣

No Wonder Negro is Ducking BG and SFA this year…. Maybe Negro can find a Transfer QB and some good Transfer WR’s before the season starts…. MD by at least 17…. 🤣🤣🤣

Well I gotta say this 7v7 BOB title has probably cemented MV as the SS Open favorite? 😂🍺

• Haha 3

49 minutes ago, Cossacks said:

Well I gotta say this 7v7 BOB title has probably cemented MV as the SS Open favorite? 😂🍺

Yes. They will make history this year and  be the first California public school to win a national championship in decades. Also, I believe Corona centennial has been the closest recently, if only they believed in kicking field goals. @Duckburghsfinest1987

• Haha 3

On 7/7/2022 at 10:57 PM, Ararar said:

Los Alamitos’ defense has received a major addition who could make the Griffins a stronger contender in Division 1 this fall.

T.A. Cunningham of Johns Creek in Georgia, the No. 1-rated junior defensive lineman in the nation by 247Sports, has enrolled at the Sunset League school, Griffins football coach Ray Fenton confirmed Thursday.

hopefully that makes Los Al better than they were last season, would like to see them make a huge surprise in the national rankings like Corona Centennial, or just to see Los Al become a legit contender again just like they were in the 90s and early 2000's, they collapsed big-time in 2005 and that was a turning point for them.

18 minutes ago, HurricaneNick said:

Yes. They will make history this year and  be the first California public school to win a national championship in decades. Also, I believe Corona centennial has been the closest recently, if only they believed in kicking field goals. @Duckburghsfinest1987

i know you are definetley being sarcastic, lol, but yes, i would be happy and ecstatic if literally, any CA Public School can achieve that, which hasn't been done in many generations, decades, etc.

More than likely, its still gonna be MD and Bosco running the show.

39 minutes ago, MD87 said:

In other news, Nico is rumored to have left Poly to play his sr HS season somewhere in TN?  Enquiring minds want to know…

I heard he's sitting out senior year to protect against major injury which if true this could be a trend in high school if kids are getting the multi million 💰💰💰

On 7/9/2022 at 7:43 PM, HurricaneNick said:

All 3 levels are really good. You’re right that pads will help. Zabien brown is DB1 and did not play in the Bosco tourney. I don’t think there will be a recurring problem on D during the season. 

Please tell me you guy's not counting on brown and those freshman smh and I've watched 5 games from last year and brown is physical he maybe the worst cover DB on the team last year but you guy's must be counting on the greatest Dline in MD history 

35 minutes ago, Antt said:

Please tell me you guy's not counting on brown and those freshman smh and I've watched 5 games from last year and brown is physical he maybe the worst cover DB on the team last year but you guy's must be counting on the greatest Dline in MD history 

Are you talking about the incoming Freshman or 2025 players Dixson and McDonald? Both of them are solid. I don't know why you got that impression of Brown. People say he was more advanced than Eli Ricks was as a Sophomore. That is saying a lot, and clearly his stats so far have not backed that up. But programs such as Alabama and Georgia seem to think he is okay since they offered him.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bodysurf said:

Are you talking about the incoming Freshman or 2025 players Dixson and McDonald? Both of them are solid. I don't know why you got that impression of Brown. People say he was more advanced than Eli Ricks was as a Sophomore. That is saying a lot, and clearly his stats so far have not backed that up. But programs such as Alabama and Georgia seem to think he is okay since they offered him.

Don't get hyped on the alabama offers in all that we have kid's with bama, Georgia,Oregon, USC and I'm suspect on and he's definitely not on ricks level he's the greatest high school DB I EVER SEEN 

Brown is good but cover skills is suspect so hopefully we get Brown vs Branch 1v1 and then we will get our answer 

I'm talking about the 2026 DBS 

Please don't start them 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Antt said:

Brown is good but cover skills is suspect so hopefully we get Brown vs Branch 1v1 and then we will get our answer 

Cmon my man there isn’t a DB in the country that covers Zach branch consistently 1 on 1 😂 Not one. Might win a rep here and there but he’s the top receiver in the country for a reason. 

2 hours ago, Antt said:

2026 DB’s will not play against Gorman.  Crawford & Shelton are going to be damn good though. The DL will take some pressure off the back 7 but the DB’s are solid. A lot of young guys are playing in the 7 on 7. You saw Cole leinart get reps, he won’t play at all this year unless we’re up by 60 on teams. Just trying to get the kids comfortable to the speed and timing of varsity football IMO. Zabien did a great job stepping up when Domani got hurt. He’ll be much improved this fall. I don’t know how we’re going to approach covering branch yet. He’ll get his I’m sure. I do think we can shut down stallings. Got want to make Alejado beat us with his arm and if he can then great job on his part and can’t take anything away from him. I think the 2023 game will be better than this one. Senior QB’s, more experience all around. 

11 minutes ago, HurricaneNick said:

Cmon my man there isn’t a DB in the country that covers Zach branch consistently 1 on 1 😂 Not one. Might win a rep here and there but he’s the top receiver in the country for a reason. 

2026 DB’s will not play against Gorman.  Crawford & Shelton are going to be damn good though. The DL will take some pressure off the back 7 but the DB’s are solid. A lot of young guys are playing in the 7 on 7. You saw Cole leinart get reps, he won’t play at all this year unless we’re up by 60 on teams. Just trying to get the kids comfortable to the speed and timing of varsity football IMO. Zabien did a great job stepping up when Domani got hurt. He’ll be much improved this fall. I don’t know how we’re going to approach covering branch yet. He’ll get his I’m sure. I do think we can shut down stallings. Got want to make Alejado beat us with his arm and if he can then great job on his part and can’t take anything away from him. I think the 2023 game will be better than this one. Senior QB’s, more experience all around. 

Not going to lie there's 1 DB in practice that's giving Zach hell and making him earn everything 

But yeah I hope you guy's double team him . Edmonds (2024 lil branch), Harris and Lofton (next brevin Jordan) can go to work if that happens 

and 2 WRs mystery guys 1 is struggling to adjust to the gorman off-season grind 

The other earned a starting spot a week after showing up both power 5 guy's with all the offers but Georgia, bama offers means nothing when you come to a Gorman, MD, etc 

Who said stallings is starting he's been the backup when I'm at practice I'll be there tomorrow 

Also the kid from Mater dei maybe a dad will move him until he starts type of situation because he's not starting here

41 minutes ago, Antt said:

Not going to lie there's 1 DB in practice that's giving Zach hell and making him earn everything 

But yeah I hope you guy's double team him . Edmonds (2024 lil branch), Harris and Lofton (next brevin Jordan) can go to work if that happens 

and 2 WRs mystery guys 1 is struggling to adjust to the gorman off-season grind 

The other earned a starting spot a week after showing up both power 5 guy's with all the offers but Georgia, bama offers means nothing when you come to a Gorman, MD, etc 

Who said stallings is starting he's been the backup when I'm at practice I'll be there tomorrow 

Also the kid from Mater dei maybe a dad will move him until he starts type of situation because he's not starting here

Heard that Gorman had a 42-0 score written in their locker room? They are hell-bent on beating MD, that's for sure.

3 hours ago, Bodysurf said:

Yeah, I’ll take Bama’s and UGA’s opinion on Brown, too, thanks! 🤣 Dude sealed the first Servite win, but whatever…

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Antt said:

I figured he’d be the starter since you guys lost #3 to graduation.

& yep. A lot of those types of parents here and at the top programs. They feel their kid should be starting and will shop them around until they get a spot guaranteed. Not how it works at MD or Gorman. 

12 minutes ago, MD87 said:

Yeah, I’ll take Bama’s and UGA’s opinion on Brown, too, thanks! 🤣 Dude sealed the first Servite win, but whatever…

He did a phenomenal job against Keyan Burnett. Locked him up. He’s only going to be a junior. Big things for him. Also important to note that Zabien earned the Alabama, Georgia, and auburn offers after camping there. Coaches got to see the work in person. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, MD87 said:

Well I'll take brown in there vs Lofton and branch and any of our elite wrs and I too be the 4th best DB at MD isn't bad but he's not up there with the MD pass elite DBS RICK'S, JACKSON, ETC