Some California news

Ararar

5 hours ago, steeler01 said:

Their competition wasn't as good as 2019 or last years. I think the 2019/2021 teams are better. Regardless of the 2019 team losing the final game

it will probably always be a debate, but other than those MD teams, some consider the 2001 DLS team to be the best ever to come out of CA or the West Coast, but again, always a debate

1 hour ago, HurricaneNick said:

No Monarchs at the future 50. Saw Zach’s highlights from the camp, you need to tell him to sit out of his senior year and save his talents for USC. Please. Lol. 

That's ridiculous or Bosco I think 

But yeah breaking news he's not playing his senior year will forgo to prevent injuries after NLI DEAL SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

1 hour ago, Duckburghsfinest1987 said:

it will probably always be a debate, but other than those MD teams, some consider the 2001 DLS team to be the best ever to come out of CA or the West Coast, but again, always a debate

1999 or 2001 DLS was the best California team before the SJB and MD teams of the last 10 years. 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, steeler01 said:

1999 or 2001 DLS was the best California team before the SJB and MD teams of the last 10 years. 

Maybe. But 1993 Eisenhower gave up zero 1st quarter points all season and beat Mater Dei 56-3 in the D1 championship. That MD team won the national title the following year.

F1161F0D-E3FA-4C5D-9260-4A80982CC248.jpeg

55 minutes ago, GoBigBlack said:

Maybe. But 1993 Eisenhower gave up zero 1st quarter points all season and beat Mater Dei 56-3 in the D1 championship. That MD team won the national title the following year.

F1161F0D-E3FA-4C5D-9260-4A80982CC248.jpeg

Yes,  they also escaped against Hart and Crespi(Trailed 3-0 at halftime and won 7-3)

I watched those two games and the finals game that year

• Like 1

17 hours ago, steeler01 said:

Though those DLS teams imop were as good, or at least, would compete and would go toe to toe with any of them . Those teams were all-time and had the talent and coaching to go with it

• Like 1

On 7/18/2022 at 8:11 PM, HurricaneNick said:

No Monarchs at the future 50. Saw Zach’s highlights from the camp, you need to tell him to sit out of his senior year and save his talents for USC. Please. Lol. 

I just realized you guy's don't return no DLINEMAN 

So I'm guessing Aydin, Zeus, Simi and maybe 2 rotation guy's?

Was at Bishop Gorman practice yesterday look at there Olineman with the transfers the whole Oline has offers 

1 is committing to a pac 12 next month 

2 have every offer in the country both started as freshman 

1 has power 5 offers 

1 just transferred in from Texas a month ago and has offers 

They all will have to be on it vs you guy's because that 4th of 5th man is blitzing and MD goal is get to control the line of scrimmage 

Can't double branch and blitz and you can't cover him 1v1 with anyone on MD 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Antt said:

I just realized you guy's don't return no DLINEMAN 

So I'm guessing Aydin, Zeus, Simi and maybe 2 rotation guy's?

Was at Bishop Gorman practice yesterday look at there Olineman with the transfers the whole Oline has offers 

1 is committing to a pac 12 next month 

2 have every offer in the country both started as freshman 

1 has power 5 offers 

1 just transferred in from Texas a month ago and has offers 

They all will have to be on it vs you guy's because that 4th of 5th man is blitzing and MD goal is get to control the line of scrimmage 

Can't double branch and blitz and you can't cover him 1v1 with anyone on MD 

Kaho Tuihalamaka started games last year and will be back. Bring every interior DL guy back except Moa and Kongaika. I think incoming freshman Tomtom tumihini (think I spelled that correctly) is going to play a lot. Rotation will probably be something like Kaho & Aydin starting and then Zeus, Tom, RJ, Semi etc rotating. Lot of depth on both sides of the line for MD. I don’t think we’ll bring more than 5 against you guys. Two inside, two edge rushers, and a backer. 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, HurricaneNick said:

Kaho Tuihalamaka started games last year and will be back. Bring every interior DL guy back except Moa and Kongaika. I think incoming freshman Tomtom tumihini (think I spelled that correctly) is going to play a lot. Rotation will probably be something like Kaho & Aydin starting and then Zeus, Tom, RJ, Semi etc rotating. Lot of depth on both sides of the line for MD. I don’t think we’ll bring more than 5 against you guys. Two inside, two edge rushers, and a backer. 

Aw, cmon, Nick, why’d you have to burst his bubble? 🤣

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, HurricaneNick said:

Kaho still on the team I thought he had a issue 

O ok so DEs will be the weakness perfect 

I thought 86 and 78 returned and was like dang 

Definitely not worried about a freshman and that's a cool Dline 

Yeah I know what the oline has 1 or 2 not the greatest but as a whole there solid 

20 minutes ago, Antt said:

Kaho still on the team I thought he had a issue 

O ok so DEs will be the weakness perfect 

I thought 86 and 78 returned and was like dang 

Definitely not worried about a freshman and that's a cool Dline 

Yeah I know what the oline has 1 or 2 not the greatest but as a whole there solid 

Won’t be a weakness at all IMO. They’ll have their hands full all night. MD’s front 7 isn’t Hamilton’s or Miami central’s. Alejado scrambles well though, probably have somebody spy him. If Liberty ran for 152 yards on that BG defense I’m thinking MD should be able cruise for 200+. Liberty ran for 31 yards on 19 carries against MD and 86 didn’t play against them. Interior DL should be better than last year for MD. Can’t replace players like Bailey and Moss though. 

1 hour ago, HurricaneNick said:

Won’t be a weakness at all IMO. They’ll have their hands full all night. MD’s front 7 isn’t Hamilton’s or Miami central’s. Alejado scrambles well though, probably have somebody spy him. If Liberty ran for 152 yards on that BG defense I’m thinking MD should be able cruise for 200+. Liberty ran for 31 yards on 19 carries against MD and 86 didn’t play against them. Interior DL should be better than last year for MD. Can’t replace players like Bailey and Moss though. 

Your big on the past I'm talking about this year everything is the past

Williams ,raleek, Bailey, teo ,moa not coming to Gorman 8-26-22

Moss actually was pulled vs miami central and his backup played great he didn't even lead us in sacks I returning sack leaders both return 1 had 18 sacks other had 12 sacks 

Crazy thing is your going to spy him and double branch

Also stop the best TE we ever had in Elijah Lofton which not 1 of your LB or DBs can cover 

Then stop Jaylon Edmonds aka branch 2.0 , auddie Harris,transfer

I think you guys will have to play man on man no blitzing, no spy,no doubling but if you do good luck LMAO 

5 hours ago, HurricaneNick said:

Corona Centennial gets kids from Mater Dei and sends kids to Bosco. I don’t like this trade deal. 

Relax, this doesn’t hurt MD nearly as much as it does Centennial.  The two MD transfers will have negligible impact compared to Cen10 losing their number 1 coverage guy and what would have been their best running back since JJ Taylor. 
The head to head MD/SJB games won’t be impacted much either.  The coverage guy has plenty of offers and I see him just trying to hone his coverage skills and maybe pick up a ring. But, those games will be decided in the trenches.  Don’t expect him to sell out against the run.  The RB might be a smidge more of an issue.  He’ll complement the super speed SJB backs with power, but it still shouldnt be enough.  MD will bottle up the Bosco run game enough to do the job.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, On2whls said:

Relax, this doesn’t hurt MD nearly as much as it does Centennial.  The two MD transfers will have negligible impact compared to Cen10 losing their number 1 coverage guy and what would have been their best running back since JJ Taylor. 
The head to head MD/SJB games won’t be impacted much either.  The coverage guy has plenty of offers and I see him just trying to hone his coverage skills and maybe pick up a ring. But, those games will be decided in the trenches.  Don’t expect him to sell out against the run.  The RB might be a smidge more of an issue.  He’ll complement the super speed SJB backs with power, but it still shouldnt be enough.  MD will bottle up the Bosco run game enough to do the job.

Yeah force Clarkson to beat you and that's a easy night he will make some unnecessary mistakes throwing 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Antt said:

Your big on the past I'm talking about this year everything is the past

Williams ,raleek, Bailey, teo ,moa not coming to Gorman 8-26-22

Moss actually was pulled vs miami central and his backup played great he didn't even lead us in sacks I returning sack leaders both return 1 had 18 sacks other had 12 sacks 

Crazy thing is your going to spy him and double branch

Also stop the best TE we ever had in Elijah Lofton which not 1 of your LB or DBs can cover 

Then stop Jaylon Edmonds aka branch 2.0 , auddie Harris,transfer

I think you guys will have to play man on man no blitzing, no spy,no doubling but if you do good luck LMAO 

The poor little Monarchs stand no chance! Maybe we should cancel the game to save ourselves from the embarrassment Lol. Love the confidence. Good luck in August.

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, On2whls said:

I’m relaxed. 😂

I never said it was hurting MD/not hurting Cen10. Just simply saying the MD kids have gone into Cen10 and the Cen10 kids are going out to Bosco. The two kids from MD are really good football players and will help the huskies. I think you’re underestimating them a bit. Not saying you guys landed 5* talents but they will help win games. 

4 minutes ago, HurricaneNick said:

The poor little Monarchs stand no chance! Maybe we should cancel the game to save ourselves from the embarrassment Lol. Love the confidence. Good luck in August.

That's how I feel about the gaels and I admit we have to control the line on both sides and punch brown in the mouth but you act like this is bryce young MD showing up this isn't tate gorman or bryce MD this is probably perfect timing for this game 1 team isn't down and other elite this is on paper a college football game 50 D1 guy's vs 50D1 guy's 

@Antt I’m pretty curious to understand your thought process on this. Gorman had Alejado, Branch, Lofton, Harris, and Edmonds on the team last year and only scored 21, 24, & 35 points in their 3 biggest games against Central, Hamilton, and Liberty. Can we agree that if you say MD doesn’t have the guys to cover the players you mentioned, then those teams you played last year certainly didn’t have the talent to cover those guys and seemed to do alright? Not living in the past, just trying to understand why the same group from last year that didn’t really put up phenomenal numbers in the big games is going to be untouchable next year? Especially after losing a big time offensive lineman to graduation. Taylor was a monster. 

7 minutes ago, HurricaneNick said:

The two kids from MD are really good football players and will help the huskies. I think you’re underestimating them a bit. Not saying you guys landed 5* talents but they will help win games. 

Well, at least they aren’t QB’s that will toss 3 first half pick sixes in a playoff game.  Cen10 doesn’t need that sort of help.

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, HurricaneNick said:

@Antt I’m pretty curious to understand your thought process on this. Gorman had Alejado, Branch, Lofton, Harris, and Edmonds on the team last year and only scored 21, 24, & 35 points in their 3 biggest games against Central, Hamilton, and Liberty. Can we agree that if you say MD doesn’t have the guys to cover the players you mentioned, then those teams you played last year certainly didn’t have the talent to cover those guys and seemed to do alright? Not living in the past, just trying to understand why the same group from last year that didn’t really put up phenomenal numbers in the big games is going to be untouchable next year? Especially after losing a big time offensive lineman to graduation. Taylor was a monster. 

Like I said I'm not speaking about the past and you think Taylor blocked everyone by himself 

Well cover them because I think you guy's lost to much on the back end also remember you not playing 2021 BG  so strap up it's that simple I got it 50/50 

I think this is the MD/BG game everyone been waiting for they both are on Top I see no one in the nation beating these 2 teams but each other