Some California news

Ararar

5 minutes ago, Antt said:

how's this possible with his GPA and line it up but idk how yall got him in

He Must Have got the “#1 WR in HS Football” Kicker to his GPA and Made the Cut….🤣

He will likely only be there for 1 semester anyway and come back to Nor Cal to Graduate…. 🤣🤣

1 hour ago, THEOC89 said:

He Must Have got the “#1 WR in HS Football” Kicker to his GPA and Made the Cut….🤣

He will likely only be there for 1 semester anyway and come back to Nor Cal to Graduate…. 🤣🤣

Not sure why there’s a rumor going around about his grades. If he doesn’t have the grades to get into Mater Dei then he certainly won’t have them to get into the University of Oregon. Of course I’m not saying you need a 4.0 but if he was going to play high school football this fall at any school he’d have to be academically eligible. Mater Dei can’t change transcripts from other schools Lol. 

He’s also only 16 and is not on track to graduate early right now. He’d have to do the JT Daniels route and take a bunch of extra classes. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HurricaneNick said:

Not sure why there’s a rumor going around about his grades. If he doesn’t have the grades to get into Mater Dei then he certainly won’t have them to get into the University of Oregon. Of course I’m not saying you need a 4.0 but if he was going to play high school football this fall at any school he’d have to be academically eligible. Mater Dei can’t change transcripts from other schools Lol. 

He’s also only 16 and is not on track to graduate early right now. He’d have to do the JT Daniels route and take a bunch of extra classes. 

This makes more sense to me…. VC is a Very Good School and I can’t Imaging the Kid wouldn’t have the Grades to get into any School he wants….

• Like 3

On 7/21/2022 at 7:31 AM, Antt said:

Ok perfect I'll check out you guy's and img Westcoast 

When you going to quit messing around and join the Trinity?

Las Vegas and De La Salle battle it out in the trenches in 2010 matchup. Photo: Willie Eashman.

Bishop Gorman of Las Vegas Joins the CIF

We already have California high schools geographically that are competing in the Nevada Interscholastic Athletic Association so why couldn’t there be one from Nevada as part of the CIF?

Those California schools that are in the NIAA do it for travel reasons. They are primarily in the Lake Tahoe area – South Tahoe, Tahoe-Truckee and North Tahoe of Tahoe City – as the alternative of going back and forth to places near Sacramento doesn’t make sense compared to traveling to schools generally near Reno.

But it also doesn’t make sense for a private Catholic school like Bishop Gorman to continue to play for Nevada state championships in which it dominates in many sports. The Gaels, in fact, might be in the long term the only football program on the West Coast with the resources to even be competitive with CIF super powers Mater Dei and St. John Bosco.

The cost of travel to Bishop Gorman would of course be a major obstacle, but there are supporters of the school who could help make it all happen. It’s Las Vegas. Someone with streaming rights to football games would potentially make a lot of money and in turn could get those dollars to the schools to pay for those costs.

With its traditions in many sports, the Gaels would be culturally linked to the current schools in the Southern Section’s Trinity League (also includes Servite of Anaheim, Orange Lutheran, Santa Margarita of Rancho SM and JSerra of SJ Capistrano). A seven-team Trinity League might be unworkable, but the competition would go from insane to even more insane. Bishop Gorman also could be independent of a league, playing a school like Corona Centennial or Norco one week and then a team like Sierra Canyon or Mater Dei the next.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Ararar said:

When you going to quit messing around and join the Trinity?

Las Vegas and De La Salle battle it out in the trenches in 2010 matchup. Photo: Willie Eashman.

Bishop Gorman of Las Vegas Joins the CIF

We already have California high schools geographically that are competing in the Nevada Interscholastic Athletic Association so why couldn’t there be one from Nevada as part of the CIF?

Those California schools that are in the NIAA do it for travel reasons. They are primarily in the Lake Tahoe area – South Tahoe, Tahoe-Truckee and North Tahoe of Tahoe City – as the alternative of going back and forth to places near Sacramento doesn’t make sense compared to traveling to schools generally near Reno.

But it also doesn’t make sense for a private Catholic school like Bishop Gorman to continue to play for Nevada state championships in which it dominates in many sports. The Gaels, in fact, might be in the long term the only football program on the West Coast with the resources to even be competitive with CIF super powers Mater Dei and St. John Bosco.

The cost of travel to Bishop Gorman would of course be a major obstacle, but there are supporters of the school who could help make it all happen. It’s Las Vegas. Someone with streaming rights to football games would potentially make a lot of money and in turn could get those dollars to the schools to pay for those costs.

With its traditions in many sports, the Gaels would be culturally linked to the current schools in the Southern Section’s Trinity League (also includes Servite of Anaheim, Orange Lutheran, Santa Margarita of Rancho SM and JSerra of SJ Capistrano). A seven-team Trinity League might be unworkable, but the competition would go from insane to even more insane. Bishop Gorman also could be independent of a league, playing a school like Corona Centennial or Norco one week and then a team like Sierra Canyon or Mater Dei the next.

Never can't afford that so Never BG will fold before that happens and just doesn't make sense money wise that's like 6-10  games on the road including oos schedule plus can the lower level trinity teams afford to come to Vegas like that and the budget would be 3-5 million dollars unless everyone comes to Vegas but if you have a great financial way of doing it let me know because maybe mater dei and Bosco can afford 2 trips to Vegas a year but can the rest in the trinity and if it cost us lets say 200k for travel and everything and we always show up a day early is it worth 1.2 million-2million for some games in HIGH SCHOOL and we need to remember this is HIGH SCHOOL and the alumni will never get that money back and would be in the red business wise makes no sense competitive wise it makes all the sense in the world 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Antt said:

Never can't afford that so Never BG will fold before that happens and just doesn't make sense money wise that's like 6-10  games on the road including oos schedule plus can the lower level trinity teams afford to come to Vegas like that and the budget would be 3-5 million dollars unless everyone comes to Vegas but if you have a great financial way of doing it let me know because maybe mater dei and Bosco can afford 2 trips to Vegas a year but can the rest in the trinity and if it cost us lets say 200k for travel and everything and we always show up a day early is it worth 1.2 million-2million for some games in HIGH SCHOOL and we need to remember this is HIGH SCHOOL and the alumni will never get that money back and would be in the red business wise makes no sense competitive wise it makes all the sense in the world 

Super conference/leagues have a way of funding themselves.An outside entity(sports network) may be interested in exclusive rights to the greatest league in the USA.Of course that would have to be worked out before any move.

The talent that a league like that would attract from multiple states could be enticing 

2 hours ago, Ararar said:

Super conference/leagues have a way of funding themselves.An outside entity(sports network) may be interested in exclusive rights to the greatest league in the USA.Of course that would have to be worked out before any move.

The talent that a league like that would attract from multiple states could be enticing 

Yeah if someone is willing to pay for our travel and bring chandler and Del La Salle in and drop 3 of the low level team's in the trinity why the hell not let's go for it and I'm excited about that every week someone could lose and maybe get Westlake from Texas 

4 hours ago, Antt said:

I would venture to say there’s more $$$ at JSerra and RSMC than those 2? Of course the alumni base is much smaller with the short amount of time they’ve been open and priorities are different (JSerra is a baseball school).

@HurricaneNickthougts on TL big dick money rankings 😂.

17 minutes ago, Antt said:

Yeah if someone is willing to pay for our travel and bring chandler and Del La Salle in and drop 3 of the low level team's in the trinity why the hell not let's go for it and I'm excited about that every week someone could lose and maybe get Westlake from Texas 

Chandler? 

40 minutes ago, Antt said:

Westlake wants no part of MD, SJB or BG.

52 minutes ago, Cossacks said:

I would venture to say there’s more $$$ at JSerra and RSMC than those 2? Of course the alumni base is much smaller with the short amount of time they’ve been open and priorities are different (JSerra is a baseball school).

@HurricaneNickthougts on TL big dick money rankings 😂.

All the schools have money and in a hypothetical where teams had to travel to Vegas every other year, I just don’t see money hindering that. Mater Dei has the largest enrollment, central OC location to get students from all over, and the most alumni support. JSerra has a few private donors with real money but lacks the alumni support. They’ve only been around for like 15 years. SM and OLu are in nice areas and have bread. Servites campus is an outdated dump but they have money. Bosco would probably be the “poorest” (relative) but just had a donor drop big money on a stadium. All the schools are BROKE compared to Sage Hill and St. Margaret’s 😂

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Antt said:

Get Lorenzo fertitta on the line and stop asking for handouts knowing damn well you got it 😂

11 minutes ago, HurricaneNick said:

Get Lorenzo fertitta on the line and stop asking for handouts knowing damn well you got it 😂

He got a billion but I don't think he's trying to put 10 million a year into gorman and he literally stop for 3 year's he just returned last year and you guy's probably noticed also we are getting a  new field after the season and upgrading the facilities and stadium so that's already 3-5 million 1 thing at a time 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, HurricaneNick said:

All the schools have money and in a hypothetical where teams had to travel to Vegas every other year, I just don’t see money hindering that. Mater Dei has the largest enrollment, central OC location to get students from all over, and the most alumni support. JSerra has a few private donors with real money but lacks the alumni support. They’ve only been around for like 15 years. SM and OLu are in nice areas and have bread. Servites campus is an outdated dump but they have money. Bosco would probably be the “poorest” (relative) but just had a donor drop big money on a stadium. All the schools are BROKE compared to Sage Hill and St. Margaret’s 😂

I’ve seen Servite, full agreement. I didn’t know OLU was in a nice area?  Admittedly I have spent very little time in Orange, what I saw I thought was pretty dumpy. Had a kid I trained at work from Orange he said it was a little sketchy. Of course he sent me to the Salty Dawg to drink. Pro bar. Great cold beers and huge boobs 😂.

17 minutes ago, HurricaneNick said:

But do ppl want to put up millions it's easy when it's not your money and you want to win but millions or 100 of thousands of dollars every week instead of year to win high school football game's with no return on investment I'll rather buy Reale Estate not for BG, MD ,img or Bosco to travel and I definitely don't love gorman more than I care about leaving more generational worth for my kid 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Cossacks said:

I’ve seen Servite, full agreement. I didn’t know OLU was in a nice area?  Admittedly I have spent very little time in Orange, what I saw I thought was pretty dumpy. Had a kid I trained at work from Orange he said it was a little sketchy. Of course he sent me to the Salty Dawg to drink. Pro bar. Great cold beers and huge boobs 😂.

😂yes there are parts of Orange that are rough. OLu is in the hills between Villa Park and Anaheim Hills. Campus is really nice but very small. 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Antt said:

But do ppl want to put up millions it's easy when it's not your money and you want to win but millions or 100 of thousands of dollars every week instead of year to win high school football game's with no return on investment I'll rather buy Reale Estate not for BG, MD ,img or Bosco to travel and I definitely don't love gorman more than I care about leaving more generational worth for my kid 

Agreed. Huge alumni and donor support base at MD that helps tremendously. Those are big figures. I think it ran the MD program about 60-70k to go to Texas last year. Obviously way cheaper to go to and from Vegas from So Cal.

20 minutes ago, Antt said:

He got a billion but I don't think he's trying to put 10 million a year into gorman and he literally stop for 3 year's he just returned last year and you guy's probably noticed also we are getting a  new field after the season and upgrading the facilities and stadium so that's already 3-5 million 1 thing at a time 

10 Million a year? Was he paying everyone’s tuition, all faculty salaries, and keeping the lights on? Sheesh. 😂

14 minutes ago, HurricaneNick said:

10 Million a year? Was he paying everyone’s tuition, all faculty salaries, and keeping the lights on? Sheesh. 😂

I'm saying if you talking us traveling to the east coast for 1 or 2 games plus other oos and then traveling to LA it's not worth it for him all to say I won a HIGH SCHOOL NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP naw it's not that serious yall can have that 

13 hours ago, Cossacks said:

Orange? “Sketchy” and “rough”? 

thats-some-funny-shit-right-there.jpg

Try Blondies Saloon next time.

• Haha 1