Some California news

Ararar

8 hours ago, HurricaneNick said:

Deandre is on the team and playing for MD in the scrimmage now. There are punters and kickers on the roster too Lol. Must’ve been a mistake.

Yep I know just joking. Obviously a mistake to not list Carter. I’m guessing the last 3 players listed without a position are kickers. There are 13 freshman. The future is bright! 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, On2whls said:

If you went by scrimmages and 7v7 , nobody would ever hear of Centennial lol.  But, they lost most of the critical components of the  D from last year and don’t expect them to pass well.  They are a running team after all.   Plus, the last time they scrimmaged MV, they looked pretty bad but when it came playoff time well…..

The big question is, who does Mater Dei abuse more this year. Cen10 or BG?

Yeap it wasn’t great. Everyone is hyped up for week 3 and I’m not sure why cen10 overall is young this year especially in the secondary where you need to be really good to have a shot at MD

7 hours ago, On2whls said:

If you went by scrimmages and 7v7 , nobody would ever hear of Centennial lol.  But, they lost most of the critical components of the  D from last year and don’t expect them to pass well.  They are a running team after all.   Plus, the last time they scrimmaged MV, they looked pretty bad but when it came playoff time well…..

The big question is, who does Mater Dei abuse more this year. Cen10 or BG?

Lmao that wasn't a top 25 team I seen idk how they are ranked so high also what's your prediction for us (BG) vs MD and centennial I'm trying to see something 

3 hours ago, HurricaneNick said:

Nate Frazier & Ajon. It was confusing because MD had on the jerseys with random #’s. OLB was probably Ramere Davis. 

O ok yeah they had different speed but love bouncing it outside unlike davison he's clearly the smarter better RB I like what I seen from him and yeah I expect you guys to rotate LBS until you figure it out and I may come vs east but that's just to watch the offense since they run the wing T

But like I said you guy's looked great 

2 hours ago, Antt said:

Lmao that wasn't a top 25 team I seen idk how they are ranked so high also what's your prediction for us (BG) vs MD and centennial I'm trying to see something 

The rankings are “overflow” rankings from last year.  Cen10 will have a porous defense for sure.  It will be like 2014, they’ll have to put up a lot of points to overcome that.  Good thing is the schedule is uncharacteristically weak.  Aside from the throw away game vs MD, Cathedral SD is the only interesting game on the schedule.  This year though, they get to swap in some halfway decent Murrieta/Temecula teams for Corona and King. 

I think MD beats both BG and Cen10 in the neighborhood of 49-17.  

2 hours ago, SoCalFball said:

Yeap it wasn’t great. Everyone is hyped up for week 3 and I’m not sure why cen10 overall is young this year especially in the secondary where you need to be really good to have a shot at MD

Cen10 will have their hands full with Cathedral.  The team they sent there couple years back was better than this team and that was a worse than this year Cathedral team.  
MD won’t have to pass much against Cen10.  They’ll find the going easy enough on the ground.  Young corners are gonna struggle coming up to stop the run.  It could be pretty ugly.

13 minutes ago, On2whls said:

Just checked, Mission Viejo handled Mililani pretty easily.  That’s good for MV but means the MD game vs Mililani looks that much less interesting now. 
Maybe they’ll give out chocolate covered Macadamia nuts as a peace offering.

Not gonna lie. When I go to Maui my fat ass will knock back a few boxes easily.

9B7D3A34-E99F-4E4B-A92F-D125B6C6980D.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

3 hours ago, On2whls said:

The rankings are “overflow” rankings from last year.  Cen10 will have a porous defense for sure.  It will be like 2014, they’ll have to put up a lot of points to overcome that.  Good thing is the schedule is uncharacteristically weak.  Aside from the throw away game vs MD, Cathedral SD is the only interesting game on the schedule.  This year though, they get to swap in some halfway decent Murrieta/Temecula teams for Corona and King. 

I think MD beats both BG and Cen10 in the neighborhood of 49-17.  

Perfect NOTED

43 minutes ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

Youd be surprised im actually in Good standing...

Now after about 3 boxes of those chocolates.... 

Might be a far different story

🤦🏼‍♂️🤦🏼‍♂️🤦🏼‍♂️
Cmon bbc need you around here posting for a while 

Replace your lunch with this shake - https://www.kachava.com 

Also, if you’re a coffee guy I recommend this instead - https://mudwtr.com/products/90-serving-bag

The lbs will fly off

2 minutes ago, HurricaneNick said:

🤦🏼‍♂️🤦🏼‍♂️🤦🏼‍♂️
Cmon bbc need you around here posting for a while 

Replace your lunch with this shake - https://www.kachava.com 

Also, if you’re a coffee guy I recommend this instead - https://mudwtr.com/products/90-serving-bag

The lbs will fly off

Did they just recommend me a brown Rice Milkshake? 

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, On2whls said:

Cen10 will have their hands full with Cathedral.  The team they sent there couple years back was better than this team and that was a worse than this year Cathedral team.  
MD won’t have to pass much against Cen10.  They’ll find the going easy enough on the ground.  Young corners are gonna struggle coming up to stop the run.  It could be pretty ugly.

I wouldn't read too much into scrimmage as players are constantly rotated in and out . Cen10's passing game looks like it could be good, with a duel threat to boot from qb. Are you pretty up to date on CCSD thinking they are better this season ?

1 minute ago, CaliNorth said:

I wouldn't read too much into scrimmage as players are constantly rotated in and out .

Exactly. Neither team treated it like a real game and the coaches aren’t trying to put together drives like they would during the season. Just trying to get the players used to going live in certain packages and situations. Logan certainly didn’t call his best “game” last night nor did he show the tricks up his sleeve that he will use during the season. Nobody down plays cen10’s success or talent like their fans on this message board. Kind of funny. They played MD closer than anyone last year and instead of crediting their team they blamed it on a poor performance by MD Lol.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HurricaneNick said:

Exactly. Neither team treated it like a real game and the coaches aren’t trying to put together drives like they would during the season. Just trying to get the players used to going live in certain packages and situations. Logan certainly didn’t call his best “game” last night nor did he show the tricks up his sleeve that he will use during the season. Nobody down plays cen10’s success or talent like their fans on this message board. Kind of funny. They played MD closer than anyone last year and instead of crediting their team they blamed it on a poor performance by MD Lol.

Who did Bosco scrimmage 

1 hour ago, CaliNorth said:

Cen10's passing game looks like it could be good, with a duel threat to boot from qb. Are you pretty up to date on CCSD thinking they are better this season ?

The problem with the passing game comes down to this.  With two QB’s splitting so much time (they split 5 league only games 3ways as sophomores and split all last season), neither QB has had enough reps to get the timing right for all the routes, understand the reads, or establish really good rapport with the receivers.  Both hold onto the ball longer than they should when it comes to teams like MD/SJB.  Both have great potential but we won’t see how good they could be due to the situation.  Both can run but the primary (4yr kid) starter can really light you up with his feet.  The better teams will neutralize that. 
As for Cathedral, I was comparing this years team to the 3loss team that beat Cen10 three years ago.  They lost  a beast of a running back from last year, but I think they’ll have a more balanced offense this year.  They aren’t one to punch up so hard without the confidence that they will be competitive.  They’ve got Cen10, Chandler, and DLS all coming to town this season.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2