Some California news

Ararar

7 hours ago, HurricaneNick said:

Light greys for the Monarchs tonight. Huge night for the TL 😉. MD faces an out of state behemoth, JSerra is trying to avenge last years losses to Sierra canyon, Servite may pick up one of their 3 wins tonight on the road against RC, OLu faces the defending state champs, & SMCHS goes to the badlands to take on San Juan Hills. 

0C9EB1FA-10CD-4B8E-9F5A-17F4331F8BD8.jpeg

Easy work huh lol smh utah 

4 hours ago, Antt said:

Easy work huh lol smh utah 

We were very sloppy on offense. 42-0 on the surface looks good but I am a ‘glass half empty’ guy. MD defense played great and we held out Breland and Zabien. But we need clean up the bad snaps and turnovers on offense. We need to play cleaner against Gorman. 

3 hours ago, Bodysurf said:

We were very sloppy on offense. 42-0 on the surface looks good but I am a ‘glass half empty’ guy. MD defense played great and we held out Breland and Zabien. But we need clean up the bad snaps and turnovers on offense. We need to play cleaner against Gorman. 

Same we only had 1 transfer cleared trech kekahuna Wisconsin commit and the others got cleared in the 4th quarter smh so no point in the 4th in playing but yeah we have to be better that was a shitty performance 

4 minutes ago, Antt said:

Same we only had 1 transfer cleared trech kekahuna Wisconsin commit and the others got cleared in the 4th quarter smh so no point in the 4th in playing but yeah we have to be better that was a shitty performance 

I’ll never understand why the governing bodies do that crap to the kids. Happens out here where kids find out if they’re eligible the day of the game. It’s BS in my opinion. If all the paper work is submitted in a timely manner there’s no reason to delay a decision. Clearing kids in the 4th quarter of a game is as dumb as it gets. 

18 minutes ago, HurricaneNick said:

I’ll never understand why the governing bodies do that crap to the kids. Happens out here where kids find out if they’re eligible the day of the game. It’s BS in my opinion. If all the paper work is submitted in a timely manner there’s no reason to delay a decision. Clearing kids in the 4th quarter of a game is as dumb as it gets. 

Yeah tge kids warmed up and everything and they arrived in the spring and early summer 

4 hours ago, Bodysurf said:

Was thinking maybe using the Bishop and MD game for pick-ems, just a possible game I was thinking  might be interesting 😂.

7 minutes ago, Extremely Humble said:

Serra 17 - 10 Folsom 

Folsom fumbled in Serra end zone late in the 4th. 
Serra is a really good team but the refs helped them big time all game. 

Tough loss for Folsom, sounded like a great game on The Nor Cal Board!… The NHFS Feed was so bad it was unwatchable…. 🤣

Serra is in the Driver seat in Nor Cal, if they can beat DLS next week, they are in control of the Open…. DLS will struggle with Folsom….

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, THEOC89 said:

Tough loss for Folsom, sounded like a great game on The Nor Cal Board!… The NHFS Feed was so bad it was unwatchable…. 🤣

Serra is in the Driver seat in Nor Cal, if they can beat DLS next week, they are in control of the Open…. DLS will struggle with Folsom….

Yeah it was a dog fight. Both teams were pretty evenly matched. Contrasting styles.  It’ll get interesting if Serra loses to DLS and Folsom beats DLS. 

7 minutes ago, HurricaneNick said:

Corona centennial beats the best school in San Diego, which also happens to be a private school by way of running clock. SEPARATE PRIVATES AND PUBLICS IMMEDIATELY!! Did I do that right? @SoCalFball 

Keep in mind, a better CCSD team barely escaped OLU last year in the playoffs.   I don’t know that you can consider them a top tier private.  Plus it’s San Diego.  San Clemente for the last few years has played San Diego teams the majority of their OOL schedule and is doing it again this year.  Any guess why? Last week 48-0 over Oceanside.  It’s not really an apples to apples situation.  I would take MV, Los Al, and even Norco over CCSD this year, easily. 

1 hour ago, Extremely Humble said:

Serra 17 - 10 Folsom 

Folsom fumbled in Serra end zone late in the 4th. 
Serra is a really good team but the refs helped them big time all game. 

Much lower score than I expected.  I hope the officiating didn’t impact the outcome of the game. That should never happen. 

14 minutes ago, Cossacks said:

Realistically it never does. If you track it, whenever the officiating is brought up, it’s from the losing team 😂

I watched Cathedral play Serra Gardena a few years back at Cathedral.  I had no dog in the fight but even my wife and two daughters were laughing at the officiating.  It wasn’t until in the 4th quarter and CCSD had a large enough lead that they stopped flagging Serra and guess what, they put up a couple scores pretty easily and CCSD still had the first unit in.  It does happen. 

• Like 2