Some California news

Ararar

Not a fan of this move, seemed dead a couple weeks ago. Rental fee. No home field advantage. Many Mater Dei students/parents/fans from south OC will have to travel 50+ miles and over an hour each way for a “home” game. Stadium will feel empty even with 15-20K fans in the seats. Only benefit is that more fans will get a chance to go. 

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, HurricaneNick said:

Not a fan of this move, seemed dead a couple weeks ago. Rental fee. No home field advantage. Many Mater Dei students/parents/fans from south OC will have to travel 50+ miles and over an hour each way for a “home” game. Stadium will feel empty even with 15-20K fans in the seats. Only benefit is that more fans will get a chance to go. 

It’s a Catch 22….. Bad Move for MD because as you pointed out they lose a home game and the travel for the MD students and fans….

Good move because the kids get a chance to play in So Fo Stadium…. 

Personally I would rather see the game at The Santa Ana Bowl but my opinion is irrelevant…. 🤣

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, THEOC89 said:

It’s a Catch 22….. Bad Move for MD because as you pointed out they lose a home game and the travel for the MD students and fans….

Good move because the kids get a chance to play in So Fo Stadium…. 

Personally I would rather see the game at The Santa Ana Bowl but my opinion is irrelevant…. 🤣

Yes, you’re right, cool experience for the kids.  Other than that, the atmosphere at the Bowl would be better. The energy at Sjb last year for the game was great at their new stadium. They’re also giving up next years home game too. A Mater Dei home game 40 miles away from campus!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bodysurf said:

Yes! So glad it’s at the Bowl

Exactly.  And screw those whiners Negro and Sondheimer.  No way Jason would’ve agreed to it if it was supposed to be at Panish this season.  He knows next year’s MD kills the Braves no matter where it’s at, and playing MD at SoFi negates MD’s home field adv the one year he can challenge the Monarchs. Sorry, whiner, our boys deserve home field and I guarantee they don’t give a damn about SoFi if they get the W.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MD87 said:

Exactly.  And screw those whiners Negro and Sondheimer.  No way Jason would’ve agreed to it if it was supposed to be at Panish this season.  He knows next year’s MD kills the Braves no matter where it’s at, and playing MD at SoFi negates MD’s home field adv the one year he can challenge the Monarchs. Sorry, whiner, our boys deserve home field and I guarantee they don’t give a damn about SoFi if they get the W.

Gospel

39 minutes ago, MD87 said:

Maybe JN can Move his Stupid TL vs The USA Event to So Fi…. Oh, wait, nobody cares because SJB is afraid to play anyone good…. 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Bodysurf said:

Yes! So glad it’s at the Bowl

This situation is kind of like an opening game being played at Paul Brown stadium in 2000. Big difference is that it was already planed and scheduled between the two schools. The game drew more people than expected and over 20,000 were able to get in the game for free on top of the 20,000 that had already paid. They couldn't control the crowd.

9 hours ago, MD87 said:

The cifss D1 game will be played at the rose bowl. If both teams make it they get to play in the granddaddy of em all. MD would’ve been responsible for securing sofi, canceling the rental of the bowl, and probably would’ve had to set up transportation for students to get that far. The decision seems to be very unpopular outside of the MD community. I agree with all you say though. The outcome of the game wont be any different because it’s played at a different venue. I’ll be in Tuscaloosa that weekend to watch BY vs A&M so I won’t make it but glad it’s back at the bowl. 

2 hours ago, HurricaneNick said:

The cifss D1 game will be played at the rose bowl. If both teams make it they get to play in the granddaddy of em all. MD would’ve been responsible for securing sofi, canceling the rental of the bowl, and probably would’ve had to set up transportation for students to get that far. The decision seems to be very unpopular outside of the MD community. I agree with all you say though. The outcome of the game wont be any different because it’s played at a different venue. I’ll be in Tuscaloosa that weekend to watch BY vs A&M so I won’t make it but glad it’s back at the bowl. 

Good on MD and Rollo for Reminding JN who Really Runs HSFB in So Cal!….

This was an attempt by the used car salesman JN to steal a home game from MD and Boost his Recruiting by pounding his chest and blowing up social media with pictures of SJB playing in So Fi…..

HSFB ganes don’t need to be played in NFL stadiums…. Championship games, sure, but not regular season games….

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, THEOC89 said:

Good on MD and Rollo for Reminding JN who Really Runs HSFB in So Cal!….

This was an attempt by the used car salesman JN to steal a home game from MD and Boost his Recruiting by pounding his chest and blowing up social media with pictures of SJB playing in So Fi…..

HSFB ganes don’t need to be played in NFL stadiums…. Championship games, sure, but not regular season games….

Panish family stadium on boscos campus holds 5,000 and literally had 2 port-a-potties on the visitors side because they don’t have restrooms or a snack bar for the visitors. They made no effort to move the game to a different venue last year to accommodate the fans. The bowl holds twice as many and has all the accommodations for fans, but let’s blame Mater Dei for not doing something that Bosco was also unwilling to do. Hilarious. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, HurricaneNick said:

Panish family stadium on boscos campus holds 5,000 and literally had 2 port-a-potties on the visitors side because they don’t have restrooms or a snack bar for the visitors. They made no effort to move the game to a different venue last year to accommodate the fans. The bowl holds twice as many and has all the accommodations for fans, but let’s blame Mater Dei for not doing something that Bosco was also unwilling to do. Hilarious. 

What's the size of the MD stadium and how many "might" attend if there was room?

10 hours ago, THEOC89 said:

Championship games, sure, but not regular season games….

Exactly.  You know it kills Jason that MD is the premier brand in SoCal (and the nation), that MD has three more MNC's than SJB, and that SJB is 2-6 since 2017; including getting beat handily the last two seasons.  The MNC is all he cares about.  The weasel was merely looking for any advantage he could get.  

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, MD87 said:

Exactly.  You know it kills Jason that MD is the premier brand in SoCal (and the nation), that MD has three more MNC's than SJB, and that SJB is 2-6 since 2017; including getting beat handily the last two seasons.  The MNC is all he cares about.  The weasel was merely looking for any advantage he could get.  

100%!