Some California news

Ararar

16 minutes ago, SoCalFball said:

I know there has been some talk about Division 1 being 4 teams and possibly 2 team from the CIF advisory committee. 

There has been zero information given from CIF that they are considering a 2 or 4 team playoff division. There has however been talk of that between dorks on Twitter.

Please post your sources where there has been talk of a 2 or 4 team D1 playoff division from the CIF advisory committee.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

No matter what happens or how you slice it somebody is going to be upset.

2 teams in D1 = everybody else in D2 upset because they’re getting murdered by Cen10.

4 teams in D1 = everybody upset at Mission Viejo. 

What are the ramifications of this in the lower divisions? There is a top 4 (with MV right on Polys neck in a very close loss) in So. Cal right now but they aren’t the only ones that play football. Lots of lower divisions. Sounds like an easy fix to have MD and Bosco only play each other in the playoffs. Then once Centennial wins every game in D2 by running clock what’s the new answer? 

• Haha 1

Of course you’re the first person to respond 😂 I never said that is what is going to happen just some talk. I do know that when they switched to CalPreps system that the size of D1 was up to the discretion of CIF. As to who my source is the Santiago HC who is on the advisory committee. He has no dog in the fight in terms of how big D1 is. It will be interesting to see if changes are made. There is a big gap between 2 and 3 as well as 3 and 4. 

43 minutes ago, HurricaneNick said:

No matter what happens or how you slice it somebody is going to be upset.

2 teams in D1 = everybody else in D2 upset because they’re getting murdered by Cen10.

4 teams in D1 = everybody upset at Mission Viejo. 

What are the ramifications of this in the lower divisions? There is a top 4 (with MV right on Polys neck in a very close loss) in So. Cal right now but they aren’t the only ones that play football. Lots of lower divisions. Sounds like an easy fix to have MD and Bosco only play each other in the playoffs. Then once Centennial wins every game in D2 by running clock what’s the new answer? 

The other ramification of dropping D1 from 8 to 4 is that #3 and #4 will not have a playoff home game...

• Like 2

5 hours ago, dntn31 said:

The other ramification of dropping D1 from 8 to 4 is that #3 and #4 will not have a playoff home game...

Easy solution, make the first round neutral field.  The top 4 shouldn’t be treated like normal other SS teams, because they are not normal. Well, at least three of them aren’t.   

9 minutes ago, On2whls said:

Easy solution, make the first round neutral field.  The top 4 shouldn’t be treated like normal other SS teams, because they are not normal. Well, at least three of them aren’t.   

That would mean none of the 4 teams get a home playoff game. These schools make $$$ from home games and would likely be strongly opposed to it.

• Like 1

On 9/15/2022 at 12:54 PM, SoCalFball said:

I know there has been some talk about Division 1 being 4 teams and possibly 2 team from the CIF advisory committee. With CIF using CalPreps as the rating system that determines playoffs you could definitely make a case for 4 teams and 2 teams. 

Funny how many people complain about how 'everyone gets a trophy' until it's their team having no chance to get one.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, On2whls said:

How’s the Folsom -Pitt game going?  ScoreStream says 7-7 but it’s frequently not up to date.

Yes, that's the halftime score.  Folsom gets the ball first in the 3rd qtr.  With DLS playing close to Cathedral Catholic, I still think there's a good chance that both of these teams beat the Spartans this year.