Some California news

Ararar

3 minutes ago, steeler01 said:

Have whatever fun you can there. 

It's been a while since I've been to SLC, but two Mexican food places I visited had hand-made tortillas.  Legit surprised by that.  Then, there's that Red Iguana that's supposed to have the amazing mole.  I ate there once, but I didn't have the mole.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Cal 14 said:

It's been a while since I've been to SLC, but two Mexican food places I visited had hand-made tortillas.  Legit surprised by that.  Then, there's that Red Iguana that's supposed to have the amazing mole. 

I've been there.  Great mole.

There's a Venezuelan restaurant Arempas that's awesome as well

20220503_165700.jpg

20220503_165656.jpg

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, HurricaneNick said:

Offense is as good as they come. Defense gave up 400 yards against Fresno st. So much talent on D but they are +10!!! In the turnover game. That’s huge. Big goal line stand to end the game too. Year 1 in a new system without a true recruiting class for the staff yet. Trojans are set to flip a highly rated LT from Notre dame. Excited for the future would be an understatement. I will be at a few home games and will travel to Utah to watch that one. Can’t wait. 

Fresno is no joke though . They make you earn it . A really good game for trojans . Offense seemed more balanced than it had vs Stanford . Those receivers trojans have are dynamite . Qb is a 1rst rounder or higher . You could just see the talent that SC has on that Defense like you said . The whole team seams like it is coming together . They need another really good qb for next season to replace this one, who will be gone . Something special is happening there. I remember feeling the same way under Carroll  when that happened. A whole different vibe this coach brings ( helps too that he could bring along his top rated qb to his new job ! )

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, CaliNorth said:

Fresno is no joke though . They make you earn it . A really good game for trojans . Offense seemed more balanced than it had vs Stanford . Those receivers trojans have are dynamite . Qb is a 1rst rounder or higher . You could just see the talent that SC has on that Defense like you said . The whole team seams like it is coming together . They need another really good qb for next season to replace this one, who will be gone . Something special is happening there. I remember feeling the same way under Carroll  when that happened. A whole different vibe this coach brings ( helps too that he could bring along his top rated qb to his new job ! )

QB will be back next year my man! Just a true sophomore! I think SC has the 2nd best receiver room behind Ohio st. OL has been playing well. Gotta be better at stopping the run when they play at Utah.

1 hour ago, HurricaneNick said:

Yikes

Talk about loss of composure! That is a reflection on the Damien coaches. I heard that the fight after the game was because the Damien head coach laid hands on an Amat player. If true that coach needs to go. Under no circumstances is it ever okay for a coach to touch an opposing player.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Duckburghsfinest1987 said:

nice to see Poly rising up again, but they still are not close to being as good as MD or Bosco, or even CC.

It takes time and they’re on their way. It’s all about getting the kids to choose the school. They have multiple players that would start at any school in the southern section. As they keep winning they’ll attract even more. I think their HC has only been there a few years. What he inherited to where they are now is night and day. 

@1901VeniceCub who cares about the cubs at the hs level?? Nobody likes Oaks Christian anyway. As long as they ball for the Trojans I’m a big cubs fan 😂 Ceyair was locking shit up tonight!! ✌️

We have a Michigan fan upset that both Mater Dei and Loyola DB’S were making things happen for the Trojans tonight. 

• Haha 1

On 9/24/2022 at 8:21 PM, HurricaneNick said:

@1901VeniceCub who cares about the cubs at the hs level?? Nobody likes Oaks Christian anyway. As long as they ball for the Trojans I’m a big cubs fan 😂 Ceyair was locking shit up tonight!! ✌️

We have a Michigan fan upset that both Mater Dei and Loyola DB’S were making things happen for the Trojans tonight. 

Friday nights have not been pretty this fall, but there have been plenty of enjoyable Saturdays and Sundays with Loyola Alums. 

USC has a few Cubs performing well for them. UCLA has a few on the field and coaching staff. 

And in the NFL, no team in Cali has more alums on active rosters than Loyola. 

As always, it’s a great day to be alive and be a Cub! 

It’s St Paul week. Now, both squads are 0-0 vying for the Angelus League crown. 
989F43DA-3159-4BE3-AC63-3E1F6420AFEB.jpeg.79d9de7b3ab18c08f9634515d16595a4.jpeg

• Like 1