Some California news

Ararar

13 minutes ago, FreeBird said:

This fucjin guy, we’re bout to be under an alien invasion and you worried about going on a 75 day keto diet,

I was looking for you last week Delby could have used you, #1 in NJ beat by sloppy joes Regs for our 3rd wrestling state championship in school history 

I would never bet against Luke Tucci!!

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, THEOC89 said:

Even if it is ST Francis MV or one in So Cal, who cares…. If the rest of those games are real, that is the greatest pre league schedule Ever!!!!….

And once again, Jason Negro and SJB will ride MD’s Coattails to the doorstep of The Natty…. 🤣

If Bosco doesn’t hit a QB home run in the transfer portal they’re in big trouble. Oh & BTW can anyone name a solid football transfer into MD? Cen10 fished for their QB in the portal. Bosco has had a great 4* addition. I’m just asking for a friend!!!! I also think OLu can beat DLS this year. They’ve done really well with the transfers. 

11 minutes ago, HurricaneNick said:

If Bosco doesn’t hit a QB home run in the transfer portal they’re in big trouble. Oh & BTW can anyone name a solid football transfer into MD? Cen10 fished for their QB in the portal. Bosco has had a great 4* addition. I’m just asking for a friend!!!! I also think OLu can beat DLS this year. They’ve done really well with the transfers. 

It’s great to see Cen10 getting some transfers and I hope they have a great year…..

Doesnt matter who plays QB for SJB, they will have a nice soft schedule and hope to win 1 game against MD to win a Natty based on all the teams MD will beat, just like last year and in 2019….

I am not sold on OLU, this is a team who got smoked by Edison last year…. I don’t know anything about their transfers though, but hopefully they got a lot…

DLS will be pretty good this year now that they have settled on a QB…. Their showing against OLU will depend on how their O-Line develops this summer…. 

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, THEOC89 said:

It’s great to see Cen10 getting some transfers and I hope they have a great year…..

Doesnt matter who plays QB for SJB, they will have a nice soft schedule and hope to win 1 game against MD to win a Natty based on all the teams MD will beat, just like last year and in 2019….

I am not sold on OLU, this is a team who got smoked by Edison last year…. I don’t know anything about their transfers though, but hopefully they got a lot…

DLS will be pretty good this year now that they have settled on a QB…. Their showing against OLU will depend on how their O-Line develops this summer…

Don't forget about the DLS defense. Looked very unorganized and chaotic under Kennion.  Is DLS going to move on from the 1960 veer yet and move to the spread?  

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, QPRTrinity said:

Don't forget about the DLS defense. Looked very unorganized and chaotic under Kennion.  Is DLS going to move on from the 1960 veer yet and move to the spread?  

Yes, defense was a mess last year…. The scheme was too complicated and the kids were asked to do too much and their tackling was poor…. That changed as the season went on and they moved back to their more traditional 4-4 scheme….

The Secondary should be much improved but will have to see how the front 7 comes together…. They do have some nice linebackers, that should also be a strength….

Get ready to go back to 1960 because The Veer is here to stay….🤣

The Current QB is excellent at running it and he is a big, physical kid who can throw although he has a wierd side arm kind of motion…. But he played very well last year….

DLS will be playing Ball control and shorten the game next year, that will be their best chance to win….

14 hours ago, HurricaneNick said:

Oh & BTW can anyone name a solid football transfer into MD? 

Nate Frazier is solid. Dunbar-Hawkins had a disappointing season. Despite that he still received a UCLA offer.

To your point, you are correct. MD is almost entirely players that enrolled as freshmen. 
But I‘m hoping we get a transfer kicker 😂 We need somebody that can reach the endzone. Our kickoffs last season were pathetic. 

Apparently Troy Thomas is retired for now.  He is an old school guy who developed and coached a dominant team when I was in HS in the mid 2000s and in today's transfer/7v7 climate in 2021.  The only guy I know in all of California to beat Bosco and to have nationally ranked teams in the 2000s and twenty years later.    

If he is not a head coach soon, I hope he is at least one someone's staff helping out.  He is an amazing coach and the beautiful game needs him.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, QPRTrinity said:

Apparently Troy Thomas is retired for now.  He is an old school guy who developed and coached a dominant team when I was in HS in the mid 2000s and in today's transfer/7v7 climate in 2021.  The only guy I know in all of California to beat Bosco and to have nationally ranked teams in the 2000s and twenty years later.    

If he is not a head coach soon, I hope he is at least one someone's staff helping out.  He is an amazing coach and the beautiful game needs him.

Big fan of TT…. Hopefully he does come back because HSFB needs great coaches like TT….

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bodysurf said:

I am biased coming from MD and I think he is a tool, but the man sure as hell is a great coach. I just am not sure his approach is what resonates with today's kids.

There is definitely something to that…. It’s crazy a coach as good as him had 1-9 teams at both Crespi and Servite so Obviously there comes a point where he wears out his welcome…

He also had that unhealthy obsession with DLS and tried to change and be like them…. He had a great thing going at Servite the first time around and had he stayed the course he probably would have been fine…. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Slotback Right said:

I'm guessing that it will be Santa Margarita that plays Centennial. I have heard that Servite's pre-league opponents will be Rancho Cucamonga, Mission Viejo, La Mirada, Los Alamitos and St. Paul.

That's a good non league for Sevite. Los Al , Mv along with the league schedule they have .  

• Like 1

On 2/18/2023 at 11:33 AM, CaliNorth said:

Didn't cen10 play servite in 2014 ?

No.  I can’t remember them ever playing. I’ve been really busy and haven’t had much time to follow up, but this upcoming season will be the biggest ? In many years for the Huskies. The basketball team is the top dog on Rimpau Ave these days.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, On2whls said:

No.  I can’t remember them ever playing. I’ve been really busy and haven’t had much time to follow up, but this upcoming season will be the biggest ? In many years for the Huskies. The basketball team is the top dog on Rimpau Ave these days.

I think I got cen10 mixed up with BG as to who servite played in 2014 . Servite played dela and BG that season. Question :  Why will this season be the biggest for cen10 in many years ?  Are they supposed to be really strong ?  And yes , surprising, but Cen10 last few seasons is tops in b-ball . Where is MD these days ?

• Like 2

5 hours ago, CaliNorth said:

I think I got cen10 mixed up with BG as to who servite played in 2014 . Servite played dela and BG that season. Question :  Why will this season be the biggest for cen10 in many years ?  Are they supposed to be really strong ?  And yes , surprising, but Cen10 last few seasons is tops in b-ball . Where is MD these days ?

MD basketball is okay.  They’re playing Etiwanda for the D1 title I think. 

Cen10 football next year who knows.  There isn’t a varsity ready QB, and they graduated a lot everywhere.  It’s gonna be very interesting.

33 minutes ago, On2whls said:

MD basketball is okay.  They’re playing Etiwanda for the D1 title I think. 

Cen10 football next year who knows.  There isn’t a varsity ready QB, and they graduated a lot everywhere.  It’s gonna be very interesting.

Pretty sure you have your QB

https://247sports.com/Recruitment/Husan-Longstreet-157291/RecruitInterests/

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Ararar said:

I’ve been spending most of my free time in the high desert and really haven’t been following along. He looks like a good one. Hopefully no QB rotation then. Yeah right lol.  And we’re gonna kick field goals too!

• Haha 2