Some California news

Ararar

2 minutes ago, On2whls said:

I’ve been spending most of my free time in the high desert and really haven’t been following along. He looks like a good one. Hopefully no QB rotation then. Yeah right lol.  And we’re gonna kick field goals too!

Yeah the kid transferred from Inglewood 

A lot of familiar names on this schedule since Upland regularly plays La Habra/Norco/Villa Park. But it's interesting to see Coach Pellum & Millikan on the schedule along with the upstart Apple Valley. Norco is very weak now that Chastain left.  Hopefully Jordan Campbell can bring some reinforcements in when he gets the Norco job

On 2/16/2023 at 3:23 AM, Bodysurf said:

I’m not sure if this is real either. 
But CIF teams can play St Frances. We can’t play IMG which is a dumb time the CIF enacted after the 2018 season.

So that schedule that was posted by Rashad Davis doesn’t seem to be factual. We know they are playing Cen10 and BG along with another school. But GSB is saying sending out flyer that they need two more games. Wonder if they will be able to fill in enough time…

4049EED7-ED4C-42FC-B046-B29FA633C287.jpeg

6 hours ago, SoCalFball said:

So that schedule that was posted by Rashad Davis doesn’t seem to be factual. We know they are playing Cen10 and BG along with another school. But GSB is saying sending out flyer that they need two more games. Wonder if they will be able to fill in enough time…

4049EED7-ED4C-42FC-B046-B29FA633C287.jpeg

The only thing I know for certain is that we are playing Centennial and Gorman. After this, your guess is as good as mine. I have seen it written that we are playing SFA, Miami Central, and Blanche Ely. But I will only believe this when MD releases their official schedule.

De La Veer just posted their schedule.  First game of their season (August 25) is against O Lu.  I want to see OC Aaron Corp do work and cut through that unorganized Kennion led defense.  Rest of their games are against other northern California teams.  Notable programs are Serra and Folsom - both teams should hopefully head to state next season.

de la.PNG

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Bodysurf said:

The only thing I know for certain is that we are playing Centennial and Gorman. After this, your guess is as good as mine. I have seen it written that we are playing SFA, Miami Central, and Blanche Ely. But I will only believe this when MD releases their official schedule.

I hope not against Ely. That would be a wasted throw away game. Running clock status 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, QPRTrinity said:

De La Veer just posted their schedule.  First game of their season (August 25) is against O Lu.  I want to see OC Aaron Corp do work and cut through that unorganized Kennion led defense.  Rest of their games are against other northern California teams.  Notable programs are Serra and Folsom - both teams should hopefully head to state next season.

de la.PNG

That is a great Schedule, they are playing all the top Nor Cal Teams and OLU…. 

I think they beat OLU but drop one to either ST. Mary’s or Serra…. They seem to play Folsom better on the road then at home so I am giving them that one….

This was the right way to go for DLS… It’s going to be a great year for the veer!!!…. 🍻

• Like 1

1 hour ago, On2whls said:

Corona Centennial hoop quietly did what no other team has done.  Three straight SS open titles beating SJB with a dunk as time expired. 
MD won the D1 contest.  
Time for the football team to step up lol.

That was a crazy finish! I thought Bosco was going to get it done at the end. Congrats to Cen10 and MD hoops. 

1 hour ago, On2whls said:

There’s still the statewide tournament. Harvard Westlake, West Ranch, and Sierra Canyon all gonna want revenge.

Not sure how BB playoff work, but how is Sierra Canyon still in the State Tournament?…. They lost 6 of their last 8 games including their last 4 in a row….

It is just because the CIF wants a Bronny James in the tournament?…. 🤣

3 hours ago, On2whls said:

Corona Centennial hoop quietly did what no other team has done.  Three straight SS open titles beating SJB with a dunk as time expired. 
MD won the D1 contest.  
Time for the football team to step up lol.

That ending was one of the craziest I've ever seen! Game ending dunk to win the game and title lol

• Like 1

1 minute ago, THEOC89 said:

Not sure how BB playoff work, but how is Sierra Canyon still in the State Tournament?…. They lost 6 of their last 8 games including their last 4 in a row….

It is just because the CIF wants a Bronny James in the tournament?…. 🤣

Sectional tournaments are done, now there’s regional which leads to state.  It’s not as concise as football.  Cen 10 won state last year beating Modesto Christian for the title.  The year before they opted out of the Regionals after winning the SS open title.  I’m not sure why.  

• Thanks 1

On 2/23/2023 at 7:58 PM, THEOC89 said:

↳This was the right way to go for DLS… It’s going to be a great year for the veer!!!…. 🍻

I'm happy they've realized that the NorCal St Francis is now a more appropriate opponent than the St Francis of MD. 

And I'd like to see the 1960s split back veer this season, or abandon it altogether and go with a modern spread RPO-heavy offense, which, I think, is a natural progression of the triple option - give all those CA QB and WR football families a reason to want to play for DLS. 

• Like 1

On 2/26/2023 at 10:59 AM, On2whls said:

Sectional tournaments are done, now there’s regional which leads to state.  It’s not as concise as football.  Cen 10 won state last year beating Modesto Christian for the title.  The year before they opted out of the Regionals after winning the SS open title.  I’m not sure why.  

How the hell did Sierra Canyon make the state open playoff without winning a single playoff game? That’s just plain stupid and there are a lot more deserving teams. That’s got to be one of the worse coaching jobs of all time. 

On 2/28/2023 at 2:07 PM, Norcalnut said:

How the hell did Sierra Canyon make the state open playoff without winning a single playoff game? That’s just plain stupid and there are a lot more deserving teams. That’s got to be one of the worse coaching jobs of all time. 

They are in the D1 bracket in sectionals.