Shooting at high school in Parkland, Fla.; multiple injuries reported

DevilDog

This is pretty insane. 

LIVE FEED

https://www.yahoo.com/news/live-updates-shooting-high-school-parkland-fla-multiple-injuries-reported-200936418.html

•  A shooting occurred at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland, Fla., 50 miles north of Miami. It has an enrollment of approximately 3,000.

•  According to the Broward County Sheriff's Office, the shooter is still at large.

•  Local media reports at least 20 people injured.

3 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

This is pretty insane. 

LIVE FEED

https://www.yahoo.com/news/live-updates-shooting-high-school-parkland-fla-multiple-injuries-reported-200936418.html

•  A shooting occurred at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland, Fla., 50 miles north of Miami. It has an enrollment of approximately 3,000.

•  According to the Broward County Sheriff's Office, the shooter is still at large.

•  Local media reports at least 20 people injured.

WTH?Thats a BIG HS.

Gun free zone?

1 minute ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Just another day at school anymore. 

It takes balls for a kid to even go to school these days. 

My senior year I had some Albanian that was bullied all four years go up to me and tell me not to come in the last day of school,... never heard from that kid since,,, but I did scare the shit out of me

5 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

Yes sir and sadly too many times they revert to the most extreme means as a way of expressing their anger.   If my kid was In that School I would be having a Conniption about now.

You cant talk about gun rights otherwise  you're anti-american or communist....  

People lose their mind... 

No one wants to lose their gun... 

How many people have to be shot before we actually do something about guns?

• Like 1

What is so ironic this should be a teaching moment for America.  But let's be real we treat Perp's and the acts different based on the person.  If this turns out to be an Arab, many will scream get their asses out of here or if it is an illegal immigrant somehow this is something to do with the Culture of them.  But if this and I am being brutally honest turns out to be another white Kid as is usually the case the same anger is no longer merited.  If this is a Black Gang Banger it is pandemic of his Skin but if not then it was just him.  We need to stop hating on each other and creating this madness.  Take President Trump and Obama different sides of the Coin but the same damn hatred directed at each. Hell some dumbass sent President Trump's Son some white powder that his wife opened.  Thank God it was baking Soda.  I recently saw a picture of Serena and her baby and I couldn't fathom some of the comments directed at her and her Husband and that baby.  You see until you realize we are all in the same Hurt Locker we will start being serious about these damn things.  Believe me a bullet doesn't give a damn about Islam, Christianity,  Black or White it hits what it is aimed at.   This is the 38th mass shooting over the last year.  That is above 3 a month.   Yeah Chicago might suck but if you really are honest so does America when it comes to these actions.  The reason why I mentioned before about public places I could attend and some fool immediately mentioned be glad you are in Chicago.  Sadly he didn't realize we are all In our own Chicago.

• Like 1

Just now, DevilDog said:

Yes sir and sadly too many times they revert to the most extreme means as a way of expressing their anger.   If my kid was In that School I would be having a Conniption about now.

Why though?Is it the lack of face to face communication(social media)or simply getting dissed & not being able to deal with it?

Dr Spock should be trashed.No spanking? Well that worked well.

2 minutes ago, tommygun58 said:

Why though?Is it the lack of face to face communication(social media)or simply getting dissed & not being able to deal with it?

Dr Spock should be trashed.No spanking? Well that worked well.

I think adults and what we say and interact or lack of interaction is a major part of this.  Obama Muslim hates America, Trump Rich arrogant hates all Immigrants.  This type of B.S.  Obama isn't Muslim that hates America and Trump doesn't hate all Immigrants. But if you keep saying it over and over it resonates with the simple minds and you get stupid actions.  When this is all exposed it will be because of hate or perceived hatred.  It always is.

• Like 1

The one thing about the Military that I miss is the ability to face facts and address them.  Their is a particular peer group that has high suicide rates or other transgressions. They don't run they teach you about it to prevent it.  In America we make up B.S. based off the Culprit.

If I am lying about this I will gladly admit such and ask you to teach me about it.  All of the groups below have fucking problems no one greater than the other. But we judge their violence differently.  We can't fix this shit till we are angered by all of them the same. Stop the damn excuses.  I almost hope it is one of the 1st 3 in this shooting just to see the anger directed at this situation.

It's  never about the Gun >:( When it should be about the damn Gun

Black Male = Thug pandemic of his society

Muslim Male= Terrorist (all of them)

Mexican Male = Illegal Immigrant (drug Dealers)

White Male = Mental Condition.   (needed help that wasn't addressed)

3 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

I think adults and what we say and interact or lack of interaction is a major part of this.  Obama Muslim hates America, Trump Rich arrogant hates all Immigrants.  This type of B.S.  Obama isn't Muslim that hates America and Trump doesn't hate all Immigrants. But if you keep saying it over and over it resonates with the simple minds and you get stupid actions.  When this is all exposed it will be because of hate or perceived hatred.  It always is.

My wife is in higher education(very high for 35yrs)& the garbage she says goes on there is insane.Division is going on big time.Thankfully on a very small scale.But very loud.

2 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

We probably should just arm up our kids before we send them off to class in the a.m.

Wild wild west at school sounds like a new norm already anyway. The first thing someone comes and wonders is was it a gun free zone. 

I bet they'll have a "moment of silence" in Congress.

Rufus>>

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

We probably should just arm up our kids before we send them off to class in the a.m.

Wild wild west at school sounds like a new norm already anyway. The first thing someone comes and wonders is was it a gun free zone. 

I don't think the punk would have attempted this if he knew there were armed classmates or teachers.He would have gone after his targets in a much smaller populated area.