Shooting at high school in Parkland, Fla.; multiple injuries reported

DevilDog

3 minutes ago, thc6795 said:

I know quite a few blue/green eyed Hispanics gunny. Infact I look at one everyday in the mirror. I don't know a blue/green eyed Mexican however. Both of my grandmothers are from 🇪🇸as is one of my grandfather's my other grandfather was from 🇲🇽.

I asked the  2 Vato's and the 1 Vata that I work with.  She is a light skinned Latino and they are dark.  Both said hell no and she said my Granny has Green Eyes.  The one that is my Homie laughed his ass off.  

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, DevilDog said:

I asked the  2 Vato' and the 1 Vata that I work with.  She is a light skinned Latino and they are dark.  Both said hell no and she said my Granny has Green Eyes.  The one that is my Homie last his ass off.  

To me the kid looks Hispanic he doesn't look like the roof kid. But again I don't give a shit about his race. I've found people of all races csn be monsters. 

8 minutes ago, thc6795 said:

To me the kid looks Hispanic he doesn't look like the roof kid. But again I don't give a shit about his race. I've found people of all races csn be monsters. 

No doubt he doesn't look like the ones I know except the actual Spanish.  Like Paul Gasol not some Vato from Below the U.S 9_9 .  He was adopted who knows.  He looks like a red head, freckled face, green eyed white kid to me.  But hell I think Egyptians look black so clearly I have no sense of Identification.  I agree it doesn't matter when kids are murdered.  But in all seriousness what do you think could be done to mitigate these issues.  People screaming about arming Ex-Military haven't been around many ex War Vets.  Bad idea as is arming Teachers In my opinion. 

1 minute ago, DevilDog said:

No doubt he doesn't look like the ones I know.  I agree it doesn't matter when kids are murdered.  But in all seriousness what do you think could be done to mitigate these issues.  People screaming about arming Ex-Military haven't been around many ex War Vets.  Bad idea as is arming Teachers In my opinion. 

I think these shootings tie into our lack of morals. Say what you will about religion but it sort of set standards to follow. I think we also need to look at all these kids on Prozac and other meds. Maybe make it illegal for anyone who is currently taking any type of antidepressants? 

11 minutes ago, thc6795 said:

I think these shootings tie into our lack of morals. Say what you will about religion but it sort of set standards to follow. I think we also need to look at all these kids on Prozac and other meds. Maybe make it illegal for anyone who is currently taking any type of antidepressants? 

Good to go.  I will agree with the Moral Compass is to the Right of 180.  You Military types will like that.  I am not advocating for them but years ago I did training with Kepner Tregoe which is great to use for problem solving.  This is what I believe the top 5 problems are and if you address each in order of importance you can mitigate these and many other type problems since schools are clearly soft targets.  And similar processes with Theaters etc.  I agree the Vegas thing is hard to defend against. But if the 1st 3 were in place it might not have happened. 

1) Reduce the Proliferation of Guns (Access) to mass Human killing weaponery. 

2) Reduce the glorification of Violence at earlier ages. (Boys like to shoot shit because we give them Guns @3 for a toy)

3)  Tracking system that labels Mental illness in categories (That will give the Right their happiness) Trade off for #1

4) Put Bullet proof doors in all Schools (Extreme but needed)

5) Conduct drills in high target areas ( this will educate and serve to deter a Perp)

May not fix it all but is as good as saying we can't do a damn thing but hold hands and Pray.  

• Like 1

Also along with background checks to purchase a weapon you have to undergo a Psychological exam and every 5 years for any purchases of weapons.

Use the Terms Weapons instead of Guns.  Isn't that what we were taught to call them.   

This will give the Right what they want since it is all about Mental Illness.  

Did you ever own a personal weapon on Base?  That is a text book system to use. Including if you lived in Base Housing.  

I will assure you arming a Former Marine or Ex Army war vet will not yield good results and who is gonna pay for arming all these people that the Right keeps screaming about.   

Clearly here is proof that something can be done:  "We have an opportunity in this country not to go down the American path."

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-australia-35048251

2 hours ago, DevilDog said:

Also along with background checks to purchase a weapon you have to undergo a Psychological exam and every 5 years for any purchases of weapons.

Use the Terms Weapons instead of Guns.  Isn't that what we were taught to call them.   

This will give the Right what they want since it is all about Mental Illness.  

Did you ever own a personal weapon on Base?  That is a text book system to use. Including if you lived in Base Housing.  

I will assure you arming a Former Marine or Ex Army war vet will not yield good results and who is gonna pay for arming all these people that the Right keeps screaming about.   

Clearly here is proof that something can be done:  "We have an opportunity in this country not to go down the American path."

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-australia-35048251

Who pays for the background and psychological test? Who sets the cost? The state? No thank you. Can you imagine what the cost wd be in a liberal state? The government? No thank you, the cost and requirements wd change as congress or the President left office. This is just a few things I think about snd again I don't own a gun. But you can bet your ass the second the government tried to take my right to bear arms I would buy as many as I could. 

12 hours ago, thc6795 said:

Who pays for the background and psychological test? Who sets the cost? The state? No thank you. Can you imagine what the cost wd be in a liberal state? The government? No thank you, the cost and requirements wd change as congress or the President left office. This is just a few things I think about snd again I don't own a gun. But you can bet your ass the second the government tried to take my right to bear arms I would buy as many as I could. 

Costs?  What about the costs of losing 17 children?  Or the costs of the countless # of deaths bc of these types of guns?  

At some point the right to life must outweigh the right to own a mass killing weapon.  There is no silver bullet and it will take our focus on mental health, gun control and an overall societal shift on how we view and deal with our problems.  And it will take every community to become a real community and start looking out for one another.  And not just a community where people live in the same area and dont have much to do with one another.  Basically we have to start caring about those we have previously not been concerned with.  

Imo these types of guns belong at the rifle range.  Anytime you want to shoot it you know where it is and you can have at it.  And the argument that only bad guys will have them - I can agree that that will be the case for a little while until we can get rid of them.  But that will never happen until we begin doing it.  

The NRA blocks every common sense idea like preventing CDC from studying gun deaths.  Trump recently rolled back regulations preventing people with mental issues from getting guns.  Why would any person want to do that?  

I do not own a gun not would I and if guns were removed from this planet I would be ok with that. Having said that I dont want to take anybody's gun or rifle.  AR-15, I have no problems getting rid of.  Bump stocks too.  Large magazines too.

Other countries have sensible gun controls and I dont believe they are any smarter or greater than we are.  While I also dont think we are an exceptional nation, any more than anyone else, I do think we can solve this problem.  Ist we must reverse our current reality and not let the tail (NRA) wagging the dog (we citizens). 

Just my opinion.  

8 minutes ago, Drummer61 said:

In a country of 320 million,with our freedoms, it's hard to prevent 1-2% of the psychos to act out..The kid in CT, Lanza who killed his mother too,them himself was turned away,according to hi mother,from getting help....Mental health is the problem along with the denial of those close to these wackos....Everyone of them was a wacko...

I agree 100%.  They are/were wackos.  We have many tools we could use and mental health is a major one.  But not the only one for sure.  It would be very hard to prevent but that doesn't mean we shouldn't try.  Who knows, we may be successful.  

Good post.  

11 minutes ago, Sportsnut said:

Shall we take into account that this kid may not have been able to purchase the guns if Trump had not eased or removed the provision dealing with the mentally disable to buy guns that Obama had in place?

What say you?

It’s been illegal for the mentally ill to purchase firearms since the 60s. 

Obama never “had anything in place.” The provision you’re loosely referring to never took effect...and wouldn’t have applied in this case anyway. 

59 minutes ago, Sportsnut said:

Shall we take into account that this kid may not have been able to purchase the guns if Trump had not eased or removed the provision dealing with the mentally disable to buy guns that Obama had in place?

What say you?

Should we take into account that you're fucking dumb? 

• Haha 2

46 minutes ago, zulu1128 said:

It’s been illegal for the mentally ill to purchase firearms since the 60s. 

Obama never “had anything in place.” The provision you’re loosely referring to never took effect...and wouldn’t have applied in this case anyway. 

Doesn't matter to this guy Obama is black that's all he cares about

• 1 month later...