2018 OOS Game List By State (New)

ECHS05

1 hour ago, Nolebull813 said:

Can't argue the coaches are flocking to Georgia for the money. 

Of the 4 head coaches In the Georgia 6A and 7A state title games, 3 were from Florida and the other from Alabama. 

The Lowndes coach is from Florida, the Marietta coach is from Virginia. Pretty much any team worth a shit in Georgia has a coach from another state. Seems to be the one thing that is creating this surge in quality product in GA. That and the laid back transfer rules to let Atl teams like Grayson stock pile rented talent. 

Seems like GA has the winning formula!!!

You are looking at the double handful of outliers and making assumptions that don't hold up.  Sure there a some coaches making okay money but most of the rest, nah, it isn't happening.  Without looking every coach up, I'm pretty confident less than 5% of the football coaches in GA are making what most would consider to be good money defined as $95,000+.

The transfer rules aren't as lax as you think they are. 

1 hour ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

Sad thing is @Nolebull813, you should have more relaxed transfer rules in Florida and more stringent rules in Georgia.

The Grayson thing was ridiculous in my humble opinion, those kids had big time offers before making that move. As a rule I don't cast shade on any program or state, period. Maybe @Fred could tell us, but what athlete benefited from making that move?

Florida in my opinion, these athletes need to move into better situations academically and athletically.

This is my go to statement and yes I detect the derision in your last sentence.

You cannot legislate families doing what they feel is best for their child.

I've said my position on this many times before and I'm not going to rehash it.  I can can say for sure that they ALL got championship rings that they ALL wouldn't have gotten had they not come to Grayson.  Too many different schools were involved.  Is that a good enough reason?  I don't know and it's not my place to make that determination for another child and his family.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Fred said:

You are looking at the double handful of outliers and making assumptions that don't hold up.  Sure there a some coaches making okay money but most of the rest, nah, it isn't happening.  Without looking every coach up, I'm pretty confident less than 5% of the football coaches in GA are making what most would consider to be good money defined as $95,000+.

The transfer rules aren't as lax as you think they are. 

Maybe compared to Texas but the coaching pay in GA looks rich compared to FL publics

16 hours ago, Columbiafan said:

Looks like another year filled with GA playing FL scrubs then bragging about having a better record vs FL teams

Unless I missed something on the list I only see one team in top 25 of FL playing a GA team (Dr Phillips)

@Nolebull813 what's current list of FL vs GA this year

I've seen a few matchups but i keep losing the list 

Here's a thought.  Instead of complaining about poor quality matchups, you know the teams in GA that haven't filled their schedules or can find out fairly easy.  Why don't you use your tremendous football knowledge and massive high level contacts throughout Florida and work to put some games together that meet your criteria?

We are waiting.

2 minutes ago, Fred said:

I've said my position on this many times before and I'm not going to rehash it.  I can can say for sure that they ALL got championship rings that they ALL wouldn't have gotten had they not come to Grayson.  Too many different schools were involved.  Is that a good enough reason?  I don't know and it's not my place to make that determination for another child and his family.

Honestly I have no problem with what Grayson did or didn't do or what players choose or were encouraged to do

But I do have issues when certain people (don't worry I'm not directing this at you, I'm directing it towards a few others)  who make false claims that every FL team who is any good recruits (which is a complete lie and borderline slander and is a slap in the face of a lot of teams who follow the rules)

But I'm sure you know who I'm referring to *cough* Rab

5 minutes ago, Fred said:

Here's a thought.  Instead of complaining about poor quality matchups, you know the teams in GA that haven't filled their schedules or can find out fairly easy.  Why don't you use your tremendous football knowledge and massive high level contacts throughout Florida and work to put some games together that meet your criteria?

We are waiting.

I have been trying to for a while

Controversy creates cash and cash creates interest 

😂 

2 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

Sometimes a matchup that is even will be more interesting than a top 10 team from one state playing a team in 300 range from another state 

Of course

and there are plenty of those in Ohio and Florida teams that are worthy

but not going to bore anyone on a National board unless a top 20 team in their state which is about the top 500 nationally

is there a cut off for you?

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, hardhit1 said:

Of course

and there are plenty of those in Ohio and Florida teams that are worthy

but not going to bore anyone on a National board unless a top 20 team in their state which is about the top 500 nationally

is there a cut off for you?

Cut off for considering nationally relevant yes

Cutoff for interest no

While this game won't be considered "important" in determining national championship contenders I would watch the game if I can find it on a streaming service because this looks like a game that is even matchup which means it could be a great game 

I personally would rather watch 2 teams from power states ranked at about same spot in their state then watch a complete mismatch 

Get what I mean? 

6 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

Cut off for considering nationally relevant yes

Cutoff for interest no

While this game won't be considered "important" in determining national championship contenders I would watch the game if I can find it on a streaming service because this looks like a game that is even matchup which means it could be a great game 

I personally would rather watch 2 teams from power states ranked at about same spot in their state then watch a complete mismatch 

Get what I mean? 

That's like me going down the street to watch 2 teams playing for the conference championship, both 100 in the state.

Do I watch them or a stream from GA/FL top match ups?

get what I mean?

1 minute ago, hardhit1 said:

That's like me going down the street to watch 2 teams playing for the conference championship, both 100 in the state.

Do I watch them or a stream from GA/FL top match ups?

get what I mean?

Well yeah if there a better matchup out there but if the only other games out there are mismatches I'll take the even game or I'll switch between games until i find one that grabs my interest

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, hardhit1 said:

Here's some games that are relevant and ECHOS05 is looking for:

Elder A Indy Catholic 8/31

Moeller H Lou Trinity 8/31

Moeller H Scott County 9/7

St X   A Indy Cath 9/14

Toledo CC A Detroit CC 8/31

Warren Harding H Cathedral Prep 8/31

These are good OOS state games involving 4 states😆

That one has my interest