Rick Saccone vs Connor Lamb in PA-18

HSFBfan

32 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

Yes i saw. Does suck but if a conservative leaning SCOTUS ruled against it then I guess it was wrong. 

10 minutes ago, noonereal said:

;)

I like Nooner's edit to say VERY wrong. 

For this SCOTUS to turn their back on the GOP here, it had to be pretty dang screwed up. Not just a little wrong. 

When the GOP drew district lines down streets and chopped out 5 democratic households while keeping in 6 republican ones, with a line that literally carved out one house then trapped in two, then carved out two, left in one, carved out the next and etc. to the point where one neighbor had to ask the other which district they were in, then go and try to vote in that one and figure out both sides of you were in that district but not you... yeah. Pretty screwed up. Even in the cases of casual/normal gerrymandering, that was far out there. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I like Nooner's edit to say VERY wrong. 

For this SCOTUS to turn their back on the GOP here, it had to be pretty dang screwed up. Not just a little wrong. 

When the GOP drew district lines down streets and chopped out 5 democratic households while keeping in 6 republican ones, with a line that literally carved out one house then trapped in two, then carved out two, left in one, carved out the next and etc. to the point where one neighbor had to ask the other which district they were in, then go and try to vote in that one and figure out both sides of you were in that district but not you... yeah. Pretty screwed up. Even in the cases of casual/normal gerrymandering, that was far out there. 

Could very well be what you guys are saying. But what if the supreme court like I said gave more powers to the states to take care of themselves in certain aspects the way it is supposed to be. 

Just now, HSFBfan said:

Could very well be what you guys are saying. But what if the supreme court like I said gave more powers to the states to take care of themselves in certain aspects the way it is supposed to be. 

Maybe that's it. I don't really know. They tend jump in a lot when it suits them and it's been presented to them correctly. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Maybe that's it. I don't really know. They tend jump in a lot when it suits them and it's been presented to them correctly. 

Exactly. Some lawsuits should be at the supreme court level and others shouldn't be. Now if you don't like your districts redrawn it makes the local elections that much more important don't you think

Just now, noonereal said:

how about public executions like in north korea and iran?

that would be awesome too!

maybe you drummer, and concha could get in on the fun ?

We used to have public executions and kids and families would come out and have picnics and enjoy the festivities. Would be nothing new in this country

Just now, noonereal said:

yeah, it makes a great family day

It did at one point obviously as there are many pictures of people gathering to watch a hanging. It set a good example for the kids if you screw up this could happen to you. Now we shield people from the death penalty dont show it to anyone and we have kids screaming at the sky. Man our country has swung in a very concerning direction in a couple hundred years if even that long

3 hours ago, HSFBfan said:

It did at one point obviously as there are many pictures of people gathering to watch a hanging. It set a good example for the kids if you screw up this could happen to you. Now we shield people from the death penalty dont show it to anyone and we have kids screaming at the sky. Man our country has swung in a very concerning direction in a couple hundred years if even that long

Nooner knows that this means we have swung further right tho...

So much more right wing extreme than even in the 90's.....ask him and he will keep repeating it as he does...

basically whatever he shoots at....he has very little point of real reference to even form a proper angle...

giphy.gif

If you don't believe me try hitting him with any real point.....

What are you talking about, I see no, your stupid, or you can't compare mine with yours ....will be the only responses...

• Like 1

On 3/17/2018 at 8:37 AM, dbcaptiron said:

Another good point if your going to bring up the show....

Everyone that liked the show (at the time) understood this, Kung Fu was never considered any 'American' tradition.  For those watching today probably more important to note.  I did allude to it tho....with the 'American' Kung Fu King crack...

It IS also funny to note that when it comes to box office or cash, the left will discriminate and self-serve just as quickly as the right, but on the bright side, the formula worked so think about it this way......NOT so ironic given the stated goal....if my goal was to introduce a sport I like to a foreign culture and that result was achieved without me personally waving the flag, but replaced with a 'mix' of the two cultures....I would still be very happy.  

Not saying what they did was right.  But as the results worked well for such a tricky task (and very possibly much better than if he had personaly waved the flag) I can't really say that there should be any 'love lost' out of reverence to Bruce.   Point of fact, that show probably did more fore Bruce and his career than many of his own, as it created an 'American' audience for his martial arts and he was most certainly one of the greatest benefactors of having his stated goal being achieved...

Besides...I check that shit at the door, If my goal is to relax, be entertained, and watch a good show....

:D   

Again you make assumptions as to why I posted what I did.  

If you were to ask for clarifications would have said: I am always disappointed when opportunities for better understanding other cultures is missed.  Hollywood has a habbit of doing this.  

Your post really makes no sense to me.  It is not a left or right thing.  And it is not a tricky thing.  

• Like 1

Just now, World Citizen said:

Again you make assumptions as to why I posted what I did.  

If you were to ask for clarifications would have said: I am always disappointed when opportunities for better understanding other cultures is missed.  Hollywood has a habbit of doing this.  

Your post really makes no sense to me.  It is not a left or right thing.  And it is not a tricky thing.  

now your misreading.....you had a good point but expressed love lost for some 'wrongs' 

I said you had a good point ( and that maybe people that don't know should be reminded) but added (as personal opinion ) that you need not have any 'love lost' as what sometimes appears as the 'right' way does not always have to be the 'best' way....in this case it all worked out.....

If you take that as degrading your point...i'm not so sure it does...

easy on that trigger boy...

22 hours ago, dbcaptiron said:

now your misreading.....you had a good point but expressed love lost for some 'wrongs' 

I said you had a good point ( and that maybe people that don't know should be reminded) but added (as personal opinion ) that you need not have any 'love lost' as what sometimes appears as the 'right' way does not always have to be the 'best' way....in this case it all worked out.....

If you take that as degrading your point...i'm not so sure it does...

easy on that trigger boy...

I'm having a bad week.  Sorry.