Rick Saccone vs Connor Lamb in PA-18

HSFBfan

6 minutes ago, concha said:

Don't need to.

So, the country got great news today and there may be hope on tehorizon with regards to NK.

In terms of the good news this PA election, are the DNC and their candidate happy?

Very satisfied to this point. 

Taking a page from the Concha playbook...

He's ex-military, progun and shows it charismatically in his fundraising and subsequent ads. 

Great guy.

3 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

That awkward moment when you realize that the rhetoric you love isn't what won the election...

There are 70k more Dems in the district than Pubs if wikipedia is to be believed.

However, the district has apparently been trending Republican.  It would seem logical that the new jobs report and the new tariffs on steel (PA-18 is essentially southern Pittsburgh) will help Saccone.

1 minute ago, HawgGoneIt said:

They aren't running against Hillary. 

You should be counting your blessings everyday and trying to find your way back to the mainstream so you don't feel so left out and alone in the future. :P

No thanks. I dont ever want to be part of mainstream esp in the world of today 

4 minutes ago, concha said:

There are 70k more Dems in the district than Pubs if wikipedia is to be believed.

However, the district has apparently been trending Republican.  It would seem logical that the new jobs report and the new tariffs on steel (PA-18 is essentially southern Pittsburgh) will help Saccone.

The district was gerrymandered so terribly that it cut democrat housholds out from in between republican households on either side of them. Many folks have to ask what district they are in when they vote. That explains the trend.

1 hour ago, HSFBfan said:

Special Election on Tuesday. RCP has this as a toss up which could be a blow to the republicans. Trump won this district by 20. Saccone in some polls has a 3 pt lead while in other Lamb has a 3 point lead. Saccone had a 12 pt lead not too long ago. Anyone else keeeping up with this election?

The Republicans fielded a poor candidate in this one. If they lose this one, it's their own damn fault. And, I agree, the house is in jeopardy. However, if they hold it, the republicans will be in an even better place, as they will pick up at least three senate seats. 

Just now, DarterBlue said:

The Republicans fielded a poor candidate in this one. If they lose this one, it's their own damn fault. And, I agree, the house is in jeopardy. However, if they hold it, the republicans will be in an even better place, as they will pick up at least three senate seats. 

Yes the house is in jeopardy. And i do agree with you on the senate. Looks like the republicans are in better shape for the senate then the house. And if that happens doesnt that mean that everything will be at a stand still in terms of bills??

2 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

Yes the house is in jeopardy. And i do agree with you on the senate. Looks like the republicans are in better shape for the senate then the house. And if that happens doesnt that mean that everything will be at a stand still in terms of bills??

270towin.com has it currently at a projected 197 Dems, 214 Pubs and 24 toss-ups.

That means the Republicans need just 4 of the 24 toss-ups to retain control.

Sabato (centerforpolitics.org) is basically the same, with 25 toss-ups.

Just now, concha said:

270towin.com has it currently at a projected 197 Dems, 214 Pubs and 24 toss-ups.

That means the Republicans need just 4 of the 24 toss-ups to retain control.

Sabato (centerforpolitics.org) is basically the same, with 25 toss-ups.

But from what im reading the average number of lost seats is 26. Which would put the dems in control of the house. Im hoping somebody can keep a seat. Starts on Tuesday with Saccone. Need to keep that seat. Heller in Nevada i think is in trouble

4 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

But from what im reading the average number of lost seats is 26. Which would put the dems in control of the house. Im hoping somebody can keep a seat. Starts on Tuesday with Saccone. Need to keep that seat. Heller in Nevada i think is in trouble

Not according to the sites I'm seeing.

Another well-known election site, the Cook Political Report, has the Republicans with 214 "solid" and "leaning" seats with 30 toss-ups.

7 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

Thats true lol. You would have made a fortune on Trump

Your guy Saccone claims that he was Trump before Trump was Trump, and he's either behind or barely even in a district that Trump who is now Trump after Saccone was Trump won by 20.

Problem with Saccone that I'm reading is that he is heavily against unions in a very pro union district firstly, and maybe a twinge of buyers remorse in Trump secondly.

Just now, HawgGoneIt said:

Your guy Saccone claimss that he was Trump before Trump was Trump, and he's either behind or barely even in a district that Trump who is now Trump after Saccone was Trump won by 20.

Problem with Saccone that I'm reading is that he is heavily against unions in a very pro union district firstly, and maybe a twinge of buyers remorse in Trump secondly.

Isnt Trump pushing anti-union? Arent we waiting for a Supreme Court decision on union fees??

1 minute ago, HSFBfan said:

Isnt Trump pushing anti-union? Arent we waiting for a Supreme Court decision on union fees??

He may be now. I know there is a lawsuit about collecting fees from nonunion workers, but, I haven't heard Trump speak on it one way or the other. He didn't file the suit.

If he is anti-union in the same manner as Saccone, he could have trouble in this same district next go around, if that's in fact part of the reason that  Saccone is doing poorly. Idk.