Rick Saccone vs Connor Lamb in PA-18

HSFBfan

Just now, HSFBfan said:

NYT usually does a good job when it comes to their prediction as the votes come in. Westmoreland should go all red.

It may not matter. It will come down to margin. Lamb has outperformed in Allegheny. That may be enough for him to eek out a win. We will see shortly. Either way, it really should not be this close. Not sure if it's a rejection of Trump or if you all just fielded a terrible candidate. I suspect it's a bit of both!

Just now, DarterBlue said:

It may not matter. It will come down to margin. Lamb has outperformed in Allegheny. That may be enough for him to eek out a win. We will see shortly. Either way, it really should not be this close. Not sure if it's a rejection of Trump or if you all just fielded a terrible candidate. I suspect it's a bit of both!

Saccone apparently a terrible candidate. They even reported Trump talked shit about him. Not everyone is a great fundraiser and orator of a message. Apparently the avg in elections is dems +16 So if rump won by 20 saccone should win by 4

1 minute ago, HSFBfan said:

Saccone apparently a terrible candidate. They even reported Trump talked shit about him. Not everyone is a great fundraiser and orator of a message. Apparently the avg in elections is dems +16 So if rump won by 20 saccone should win by 4

He should win by more than 4. It has been forever since the Dems took this seat. A good candidate in a different set of circumstances would win by at least 10. It seems pretty clear that the winner, whoever it is, will win by single digits, perhaps by much less than 4. 

He should win by more than 4. It has been forever since the Dems took this seat. A good candidate in a different set of circumstances would win by at least 10. It seems pretty clear that the winner, whoever it is, will win by single digits, perhaps by much less than 4. 

Could very well be. Could be 1 percentage point.

9 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

NYT usually does a good job when it comes to their prediction as the votes come in. Westmoreland should go all red.

I think it comes down to Washington County. If Lamb can keep it close there, he may squeak out the win. If not, then Saccone probably wins a very close race. 

2 minutes ago, DarterBlue said:

I think it comes down to Washington County. If Lamb can keep it close there, he may squeak out the win. If not, then Saccone probably wins a very close race. 

I'll pay attention to that county. Saccone up about 100 votes give or take right now. We're already at 60 percent counted. About to get very interesting.

5 minutes ago, DarterBlue said:

Yes, but those are light precincts. I think it comes down to Washington County. If Saccone wins the remainder of the precincts there by comfortable margins, he wins. If not, he loses. It is probably as simple as that.  

Washington very slow to come in. We're gonna be here a while

It's down to the wire. Lamb by just over 2,000 votes with 87% in. It is anyone's race at this stage. 

Yes it is and NYT won't bring up the ghost. They are waiting for Westmoreland to keep coming in. All these non presidential years seems like whatever party is not in the WH come out harder than the party that is in the WH