March Madness Seeding Projection

8 hours ago, Mjd33 said:

St Mary’s has weak schedule but it’s hard to win 28 games and they beat Gonzaga on the road. 

ND didn’t have colson half the year and Ferrell missed 4-5 games ... with both they beat witchita state on neutral court and are a top 15-20 team. 

Ok state beat Kansas twice and WV on the road. 

Ok in bc committe wanted Trae young in the dance. That’s all. 

Not to mention ok state beat ok multiple times head to head. 

I said I don't understand how ok state was left out

3 minutes ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

Ok State got screwed big time... 

But Oklahoma got in... 

And how did USC get left out...

9 biggest snubs

https://www.sbnation.com/college-basketball/2018/3/11/17105174/bracketology-2018-college-basketball-ncaa-tournament-snubs-baylor-notre-dame-st-mary-s-usc

ND 

Baylor

USC

St. Marys

MTSU

Louisville 

Marquette

Oklahoma State

Nebraska

RPI hurt Oklahoma State. RPI was 90

4 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

9 biggest snubs

https://www.sbnation.com/college-basketball/2018/3/11/17105174/bracketology-2018-college-basketball-ncaa-tournament-snubs-baylor-notre-dame-st-mary-s-usc

ND 

Baylor

USC

St. Marys

MTSU

Louisville 

Marquette

Oklahoma State

Nebraska

RPI hurt Oklahoma State. RPI was 90

I'm seeing 2 Pac-12 teams and 4 big 10 teams... 

What the hell? 

5 minutes ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

I'm seeing 2 Pac-12 teams and 4 big 10 teams... 

What the hell? 

Big Ten wasnt a great conference this year from what im reading. And so it hurt teams on the bubble. I dont watch PAC-12 basketball too much so i cant help you out there. And with Michigan winning the big 10 conference tourney im sure it hurt some teams. There was also 2 ACC teams

21 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

Big Ten wasnt a great conference this year from what im reading. And so it hurt teams on the bubble. I dont watch PAC-12 basketball too much so i cant help you out there. And with Michigan winning the big 10 conference tourney im sure it hurt some teams. There was also 2 ACC teams

Michigan was going to be in regardless.  Good basketball squad.  The team that absolutely doesn't belong in the tourney is Syracuse.  Every year they sneak in and only once, recently have they had a solid run.

1 minute ago, nptb17 said:

Michigan was going to be in regardless.  Good basketball squad.  The team that absolutely doesn't belong in the tourney is Syracuse.  Every year they sneak in and only once, recently have they had a solid run.

I was thinking the same thing last night when i saw that they were in

4 hours ago, nptb17 said:

Oklahoma St might be the biggest snub in tourney history.  They have 2 wins over a number 1 seed, plus about 6 other wins over tourney teams.

And they weren’t even the first out ... Notre Dame was.... Davidson stole NDs bid when they upset Rhode Island. 

1 hour ago, nptb17 said:

Cuse’s 2-3 zone can give teams problems. They upset uva few years back when uva turned the ball over late .... uva gagged that game. 

Just now, Mjd33 said:

And they weren’t even the first out ... Notre Dame was.... Davidson stole NDs bid when they upset Rhode Island. 

At some point people have to accept that its a field of 68 determined by people. Forget that RPI SOS and the records. Its determined by people that have some sort of interest in what schools get selected. Does Oklahoma deserve to be in...if you go by how they are playing lately i would say no. They are a one trick pony who could be ousted by URI and i wouldnt consider it to be an upset. Im surprised with the amount of money ND brings to the networks they were not selected

• Like 1

Just now, Mjd33 said:

Cuse’s 2-3 zone can give teams problems. They upset uva few years back when uva turned the ball over late .... uva gagged that game. 

Speaking of zone defense, one game we should keep our eyes on is Cincinnati vs Georgia State. Cincy has one of the best defenses in the nation while georgia state has one of the best zone defenses in the nation. You think we could see another georgia state upset???

Just now, FootballGuy said:

Speaking of zone defense, one game we should keep our eyes on is Cincinnati vs Georgia State. Cincy has one of the best defenses in the nation while georgia state has one of the best zone defenses in the nation. You think we could see another georgia state upset???

Im looking at GA State RPI. 

https://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/teams/rpi/GAST/georgia-state-panthers

SOS of 289

Here are some notable games

Win over Montana( Tournament team i believe)

Lost to Dayton in OT

Beat Rice

I think those are there 3 best games 

26 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

Im looking at GA State RPI. 

https://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/teams/rpi/GAST/georgia-state-panthers

SOS of 289

Here are some notable games

Win over Montana( Tournament team i believe)

Lost to Dayton in OT

Beat Rice

I think those are there 3 best games 

Interesting. In their notable games, the two losses they took to dayton and ole miss were competitive games. Can't wait to see how they do against their best opponent to date this thursday/friday. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, FootballGuy said:

Interesting. In their notable games, the two losses they took to dayton and ole miss were competitive games. Can't wait to see how they do against their best opponent to date this thursday/friday. 

Now check out Loyola Chicago who is an 11 seed and beat 6 seeded Florida earlier in the year

SOS is 126

RPI of 22

Against the top 100 they are 7-1

7-0 Neutral Site games 

Notable Games

W over Florida

W over Wright State

https://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/teams/rpi/LOYCHI/loyola-chicago-ramblers

4 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

Now check out Loyola Chicago who is an 11 seed and beat 6 seeded Florida earlier in the year

SOS is 126

RPI of 22

Against the top 100 they are 7-1

7-0 Neutral Site games 

Notable Games

W over Florida

W over Wright State

https://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/teams/rpi/LOYCHI/loyola-chicago-ramblers

Loyola sure is creating a lot of hype. Hopefully they're as good as we think they are. 

53 minutes ago, FootballGuy said:

Can’t see a 14 point underdog pulling the upset. That’s the line for penn and Kansas Too....