First Two Games 2018 Cen10

NotBigdaddybloom

16 minutes ago, Pops said:

We can rule out anyone that actually understands numbers

Funny... Im 1 of 2 people on this site that understood #s enough to know CalPreps could not be accurate without using manual state scaling by way of OOS games. Its still not enough, but its the only way to get it closer.

Ive made you look like a tool at every turn.

1 hour ago, Pops said:

I think it’s cute how he calls his little mathwork “the data”

Its how it works, plain and simple. Call it the festering trail of dead cockroaches... Call it whatever you want. It doesnt make it any less accurate.

I harp on state scaling for 4 years, and then Ned happens to make a page dedicated to it acknowledging everything I said and you denied.

And you still have the audacity to question me... Wow. How twisted must you be.

Im using the only data there is in the correct way to establish states values and whether they are over or under valued relative to how they performed OOS vs their actual ratings.

3 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

Serious question to you Californias... When Im doing this, do I add ALL of the Central Section to NorCal or what? Which side does the Central Section belong to?

I was just about to ask you the same question.Central is divided up during state so I’m not sure how you would do it

Just now, Ararar said:

I was just about to ask you the same question.Central is divided up during state so I’m not sure how you would do it

Dang... Any idea how its divided up? 

I noticed D1 & 2 were NorCal... 4 & 6 were SoCal... Cant remember the others ...

Im not sure though... I can divide them up by divisions if I knew exactly which were which...

7 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

Dang... Any idea how its divided up? 

I noticed D1 & 2 were NorCal... 4 & 6 were SoCal... Cant remember the others ...

Im not sure though... I can divide them up by divisions if I knew exactly which were which...

That’s how they do it.upper divisions North lower South but not sure about D3

edit:D3 is north

So far for Cali, all Ive done is their OOS games vs. Alaska & Arizona...,

All the Alaska games were vs NorCal teams, and all Arizona games were vs SoCal (mainly San Diego) ...

But Im to Colorado , and thats East Bakersfield which is Central D4... No idea what to do with them.

7 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

So far for Cali, all Ive done is their OOS games vs. Alaska & Arizona...,

All the Alaska games were vs NorCal teams, and all Arizona games were vs SoCal (mainly San Diego) ...

But Im to Colorado , and thats East Bakersfield which is Central D4... No idea what to do with them.

Pretty sure D4 is SoCal for the SBG

1 hour ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Folsem wouldn't be in the Top 30 teams I'd have represent Ca. vs a Georgia Top 10 team.

Folsom has never lost to a team from southern California (Folsom 217-79 Southern Cali) and is top 2 up North. There are 2-3 teams better in SoCal then them. These are facts. Enjoy going .500 again next season (hopefully)... 

17 minutes ago, Folsom Prison said:

Folsom has never lost to a team from southern California (Folsom 217-79 Southern Cali) and is top 2 up North. There are 2-3 teams better in SoCal then them. These are facts. Enjoy going .500 again next season (hopefully)... 

I count more than 2 or 3... If you struggled with Helix that badly, Folsom wouldve had at minimum 4 sure-fire losses/thumpings vs SoCal in 2017.  They wouldve been Mater Dei, SJB, Cen10, & Mission Viejo. Santa Margarita also probably beats them handily. Chaminade probably wins too (although Chaminade is taking a step back in '18)..... JSerra & OLu probably win too... But those are close games. Narbonne would be 50/50.... Folsom wouldve probably beat Poly.  Thats 6 losses, 2 probably losses, and 1 50/50.

Thats reality fren. Folsom has yet to prove a damn thing... Beating Helix doesnt make you #3 or 4 in CA.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ararar said:

Pretty sure D4 is SoCal for the SBG

Its SoCal - D3, 4, & 5

NorCal - D1, 2, & 6

But... Honestly Central should be its OWN part of the state like NorCal & SoCal are, atleast when doing scales/values like Im doing... 90% of Central Section teams games were vs each other... Their scales wont really be intertwined with either NorCal or SoCal because they werent really playing them in the regular season, they only played against one of them in the final game of the season.

Really, the way Cali is set up... Every section should have its own scale.. Aka, If I wanted to really be accurate, I should probably so them all seperately.. 1 for San Diego, 1 for Southern, 1 for LA, 1 for North Coast, 1 for Sac-Joaquin, and so on... The way Im doing it will tell the overall for NorCal & SoCal as a whole, but the Southern could be brung down by San Diego or LA or vise versa. But all these Sections, for the most part, played themselves in the regular season so it makes more sense to do them all seperately.

5 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

I count more than 2 or 3... If you struggled with Helix that badly, Folsom wouldve had at minimum 4 sure-fire losses/thumpings vs SoCal in 2017.  They wouldve been Mater Dei, SJB, Cen10, & Mission Viejo. Santa Margarita also probably beats them handily. Chaminade probably wins too (although Chaminade is taking a step back in '18)..... JSerra & OLu probably win too... But those are close games. Narbonne would be 50/50.... Folsom wouldve probably beat Poly.  Thats 6 losses, 2 probably losses, and 1 50/50.

Thats reality fren. Folsom has yet to prove a damn thing... Beating Helix doesnt make you #3 or 4 in CA.

Folsem has no staying power. Only once every 5 years or so, can they be competitive be the SoCal Top 30.   Sad considering they draw most of the football talent from a 50 mile radius

22 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

Neither you or @Sammyswordsman watched the game. It wasn't close. Folsom won the State title with a team full of sophmores and juniors. Let that sink in. Going by opponents in common, I guess DLS would barely beat Helix too then right? 

Folsom 54-35 Central

DLS 49-30 Central

Folsom is top 5 in state and I agree that their schedule has been weak until 2018. Let's see what they do this year. My guess is neither of you will give credit regardless.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Folsom Prison said:

.... and I agree that their schedule has been weak until 2018. Let's see what they do this year. My guess is neither of you will give credit regardless.  

I already gave them credit for their 2018 schedule.  Their 279  wins prior to 2018 are all irrelevant due to the poor level of competition.

If Folsem can go .500 vs Chaminade and DLS over the next 2 years, then I will give them credit.  And that's a very low bar considering the noise that your fellow boosters have been making about their suggested football prowess

1 minute ago, Sammyswordsman said:

I already gave them credit for their 2018 schedule.  Their 279  wins prior to 2018 are all irrelevant due to the poor level of competition.

If Folsem can go .500 vs Chaminade and DLS over the next 2 years, then I will give them credit.  And that's a very low bar considering the noise that your fellow boosters have been making about their suggested football prowess

Quoted

22 minutes ago, Folsom Prison said:

Neither you or @Sammyswordsman watched the game. It wasn't close. Folsom won the CIF D1-AA title with a team full of sophmores and juniors. Let that sink in. Going by opponents in common, I guess DLS would barely beat Helix too then right? 

Folsom 54-35 Central

DLS 49-30 Central

Folsom is top 5 in state and I agree that their schedule has been weak until 2018. Let's see what they do this year. My guess is neither of you will give credit regardless.  

i agree with everything you said but had to fix a typo...

Image result for california football state championship 2017 mater dei