Coach Wilkinson Q&A

PrepGridiron

Hi Everyone,

We are about to start.

First, we'd like to welcome Coach Wilkinson to Prepgridiron.com.

Coach Wilkinson has spent the last 13 seasons coaching Cocoa to 4 state titles and a record of 143-27. During that time his teams have appeared in several national rankings and have played against teams from New Jersey, Texas and Nevada. Coach Wilkinson recently accepted the head coaching position at New Smyrna Beach in Florida. He is a client of PGL. 

In collaboration with PrepGridiron Logistics, coach has been kind enough to give us some of his time and answer several questions posed by the members of this board. We will be asking coach the questions and he will be responding in the thread. Feel free to respond and ask questions, note, however, that it will be at Coach's discretion whether he responds further. Lastly, we ask that you keep your responses civil and on topic. The thread will be heavily moderated so that we can encourage other coaches to come on in the future. Thanks again, Coach, and everyone enjoy. 

The first question will be asked at 8PM.

That is tough...I see both sides

kids want to basically begin College type atmosphere and basically have football 101 and I get that

but it is apples to oranges in terms of high school ball...they should not be able to compete for State Champ

• Thanks 5
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, COTW said:

kids want to basically begin College type atmosphere and basically have football 101 and I get that

but it is apples to oranges in terms of high school ball...they should not be able to compete for State Champ

Should IMG be ranked in any HS football polls?

1 minute ago, COTW said:

Do you ever foresee a national championship league with teams following the IMG model?

2 minutes ago, COTW said:

I don't think that you could form enough teams to do a league but I do think within 20 years we may see an ING type in West, Midwest, Northeast etc

I agree on the west coast Private school Oaks Christian is building dorms for “international students” as we speak