HS shooting - Maryland

golfaddict1

Just now, golfaddict1 said:

You are agreeing with an illogical position. There are simply too many guns now.  My point was that’s not a way to initiate discussion with gun laws with an immediate “you’re tying to take away my guns” attitude.    

Whats too many guns? So right now im starting to disagree with your position

Just now, TheBlockIsHot said:

Simple. There are too many guns now. Is it now obvious? 

We are the only country on earth that has mass school shootings. Get real. 

Nope because again its too broad of an argument and most of what you guys are saying would be a violation of the 2nd amendment. And so i will leave you guys to your discussion. Have fun

18 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

Nope because again its too broad of an argument and most of what you guys are saying would be a violation of the 2nd amendment. And so i will leave you guys to your discussion. Have fun

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eighteenth_Amendment_to_the_United_States_Constitution

Have fun too.   Again, straight to the don’t take away my guns and off you go.  NRA playbook.  Here’s to no change!   #musketpower 

4 minutes ago, golfaddict1 said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eighteenth_Amendment_to_the_United_States_Constitution

Have fun too.   Again, straight to the don’t take away my guns and off you go.  NRA playbook.  Here’s to no change!   #musketpower 

And yet did it stop people from selling alcohol nope. It made it worse as people were producing moonshine out of their tubs which was killing people. When you make something banned people will still get it. That was proven with prohibition

6 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

And yet did it stop people from selling alcohol nope. It made it worse as people were producing moonshine out of their tubs which was killing people. When you make something banned people will still get it. That was proven with prohibition

It helped create NASCAR :).  Some fast cars were being chased by the police and escaping.  Some good drivers.  Illegal booze kills many annually.  

2 minutes ago, golfaddict1 said:

It helped create NASCAR :).  Some fast cars were being chased by the police and escaping.  Some good drivers.  Illegal booze kills many annually.  

yes bootlegging was the precursor to NASCAR. did you know Daytona they used to race actually on the beach. That looked pretty sweet. 

6 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

yes bootlegging was the precursor to NASCAR. did you know Daytona they used to race actually on the beach. That looked pretty sweet. 

I’m a sportsaddict. :(:).  AJ Foyt, Petty, Yarbrough, Allison, Jones...  my childhood days viewing.   Was a big Dale Fan :(  and now with JR retired I have lost interest quite a bit. 

• Like 1

Just now, GloryDays said:

Guns are more important than kids.

Got it.

Not what im saying. Im saying there has got to be a rationale solution where kids are safe but doesnt violate anybody personal rights. Im trying to find the middle ground. And i think the answer as it was proven today is more armed people at the schools to protect the kids. 

Just now, golfaddict1 said:

I’m a sportsaddict. :(:).  AJ Foyt, Petty, Yarbrough, Allison, Jones...  my childhood days viewing.   Was a big Dale Fan :(  now with JR retired I have lost interest quite a bit. 

I liked Dale. Didnt like Jr at all. Still like watching Petty up in the booth. Brings a lot of knowledge. 

5 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

Not what im saying. Im saying there has got to be a rationale solution where kids are safe but doesnt violate anybody personal rights. Im trying to find the middle ground. And i think the answer as it was proven today is more armed people at the schools to protect the kids. 

The good guy with a gun let two kids get shot before engaging.

So, is two kids shot an acceptable number in exchange for keeping your gun rights safe?

Three?

What if the kid managed to shoot the good guy with a gun as well?

2 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

I liked Dale. Didnt like Jr at all. Still like watching Petty up in the booth. Brings a lot of knowledge. 

My wife has family in the Winston Salem area and I’ve driven by the Childress vineyards site a few times... the guy is not poor.   He’s done well with racing.    

1 minute ago, GloryDays said:

The good guy with a gun let two kids get shot before engaging.

So, is two kids shot an acceptable number in exchange for keeping your gun rights safe?

Three?

What if the kid managed to shoot the good guy with a gun as well?

One good guy with gun is not enough imo. Need more. Need multiple good guys with guns. And need to be posted outside and inside. Cant just post people inside that doesnt work. Need a complete and total overhaul of the security teams at all schools across america. 

19 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

One good guy with gun is not enough imo. Need more. Need multiple good guys with guns. And need to be posted outside and inside. Cant just post people inside that doesnt work. Need a complete and total overhaul of the security teams at all schools across america. 

Or make guns harder to possess.

Less bloodshed.

More palatable.

1 minute ago, GloryDays said:

Or make guns harder to possess.

Less bloodshed.

More palatable.

Violation of rights. Every able body in this country has the right to a gun. The age is being made up by man. There was no age when the 2nd amendment was written and its one of the reasons why there is a lawsuit in already