NEW jerseys Most Poppin (most Sought after ) recruits

LiberalDonaldTrump

1 minute ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Never said that. NEVER. Have always said that the odds are greatly increased at the BNUs. 

Question, how many D1 recruits has SJR produced over the last five years compared to Pleasantville HS? That margin says it all. 

The reason SJR  has  more recruits is because it is a gathering spot for better players not becAuse it has magic w ater. 

Hope This Helps!

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

11 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

....which results in every player maximizing their odds of playing at the next level. #chickenoregg   

nothing to do with increasing their odds of playing in college

you just don't want to leran

------------------

In the 8th grade you can identify about 90% of the kids that are gonna play at the next level no matter what high school they go to. 

I repeat, to all parents, a kid gets a scholarship based on his abilities, not on daddyball, as you favor.  

#academicsfamilydedication

8 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Sure they do. BNU coaches (especially the former NFLers) are far superior to what the publics offer, especially in the inner citiies.

college coaches would prefer a kid that plays in the BNU because they will be a little ahead in their development. 

That said, they will take the better player from Pleastenville every time. 

There is no science to how recruiting has developed. I can tell you this tho. Playing in the big north does hold weight with the colleges no doubt. I’m gonna give you an example. A coach outside of my son’s football team trains my son....in offseason agility etc...he actually trained both my boys. He also handled a lot of both my sons recruiting. When he called for say North Carolina and front desk picks up he asks to speak with postion coach they ask the kids name and school he is with 9 times out of 10 when he said he plays for Bergen Catholic they got on the phone. When he said he played for Wayne Hills the front desk would say he’s in a staff meeting and take his phone number. There are exceptions now and some public’s are trying to build a name out there. The parochial name behind a player definitely holds weight, how much I don’t know. Augie does a terrific job getting kids in school and has a tremendous amount of connections. I actually reached out to him couple weeks ago to make some calls and had good feedback. Hope that helps but I think your right when the boys roll into jersey in 2 weeks for spring recruiting they def hit the big boy schools first that also was told to me on several occasions.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, Jesus Quintana said:

There is no science to how recruiting has developed. I can tell you this tho. Playing in the big north does hold weight with the colleges no doubt. I’m gonna give you an example. A coach outside of my son’s football team trains my son....in offseason agility etc...he actually trained both my boys. He also handled a lot of both my sons recruiting. When he called for say North Carolina and front desk picks up he asks to speak with postion coach they ask the kids name and school he is with 9 times out of 10 when he said he plays for Bergen Catholic they got on the phone. When he said he played for Wayne Hills the front desk would say he’s in a staff meeting and take his phone number. There are exceptions now and some public’s are trying to build a name out there. The parochial name behind a player definitely holds weight, how much I don’t know. Augie does a terrific job getting kids in school and has a tremendous amount of connections. I actually reached out to him couple weeks ago to make some calls and had good feedback. Hope that helps but I think your right when the boys roll into jersey in 2 weeks for spring recruiting they def hit the big boy schools first that also was told to me on several occasions.

Great post, on the money. 

In the end, as i said, the player with the greatest potential gets the offer. 

Keep in mind another thing, a marginal player can get lost on a quality team yet standout on a lesser team. I have seen this several times. Transferring back to a public can work better. There is no one way to get recruited but playing at a private in NJ is not "buying a scholarship to college" as is the suggestion and want of so many dad's. 

Personally, I would hope parents are pickings high schools for kids on other than sport considerations. And in the end, it's about the born talent and work put in. No matter where you go to school.