Omnibus bill

HSFBfan

Just now, HSFBfan said:

PLEASE call your congressman and have them vote this bill down it's awful. 

And if it gets voted down, where do we go from here? From a very selfish standpoint, I would be glad as it probably makes the trades I put on yesterday work to my advantage. But from a greater good standpoint, how do you keep the government open?

17 minutes ago, DarterBlue said:

And if it gets voted down, where do we go from here? From a very selfish standpoint, I would be glad as it probably makes the trades I put on yesterday work to my advantage. But from a greater good standpoint, how do you keep the government open?

Shut it down. A government shutdown only affects a small portion. Yes i understand affects the military getting paid and people like my mother who works for the government but at the end of the day why sacrifice what we as a country want well at least a portion of us for more H-2B visas and cap on how much wall can be built and such. its an absolutely awful bill 

5 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

Shut it down. A government shutdown only affects a small portion. Yes i understand affects the military getting paid and people like my mother who works for the government but at the end of the day why sacrifice what we as a country want well at least a portion of us for more H-2B visas and cap on how much wall can be built and such. its an absolutely awful bill 

Okay. Fine with me. Like I said, I will make money if we go that route. Just remind me to cover before it's over. 

1 minute ago, DarterBlue said:

Okay. Fine with me. Like I said, I will make money if we go that route. Just remind me to cover before it's over. 

You cant be happy with the bill. President Trump has to veto this and kill it immediately. How can he sign a bill that doesnt let him do his job. 

14 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

Ive read multiple article from different sites already. 

Yes, but have you actually read a summary of the bill for yourself? It's time for you to .learn how to fish. You are an adult and need to learn to do your own analysis. Or you will forever be condemned to be a member of the species: sheepishlemming!

• Like 3

Yes, but have you actually read a summary of the bill for yourself? It's time for you to .learn how to fish. You are an adult and need to learn to do your own analysis. Or you will forever be condemned to be a member of the species: sheepishlemming!

It would take me a while to read the 2000 page bill that they are putting up for vote so we have to go by what they are summarizing for us. And after reading article on multiple websites it is not a good bill at all. I can get behind a big increase in pay for the military but to get that the compromise on the wall and what not is simply not worth it

4 minutes ago, DarterBlue said:

Looks like the bill is a fait accompli. Bummer for both of us man. I was thinking I could cover my short positions this afternoon when the market dropped more than a 1000 points!

Market is only down about 280. it was down 500 not too long ago. I really dont believe the market will fall below 24000

China is so nervous about these tariffs they wanna hit the agriculture so it affects Trumps base. 

26 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

Market is only down about 280. it was down 500 not too long ago. I really dont believe the market will fall below 24000

China is so nervous about these tariffs they wanna hit the agriculture so it affects Trumps base. 

Never, ever get locked into a belief when you are dealing with the market. Yes, you can have an opinion and an initial target. However, you have to constantly revise both based on new information as it becomes available and you have to keep an open mind. If you can't do this, then sooner or later the market will eat your money for breakfast, lunch and dinner.

And, unlike Vegas, it won't give you free drinks served by scantily clad girls!

• Thanks 1

Never, ever get locked into a belief when you are dealing with the market. Yes, you can have an opinion and an initial target. However, you have to constantly revise both based on new information as it becomes available and you have to keep an open mind. If you can't do this, then sooner or later the market will eat your money for breakfast, lunch and dinner.

And, unlike Vegas, it won't give you free drinks served by scantily clad girls!

I agree but look at everytime it has come close to dripping it comes right off the bottom. Now like you said dont get too caught up in that. It could go anywhere. Trump just signed the tariffs on China. Market could take a steady drop right now. 

8 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

I agree but look at everytime it has come close to dripping it comes right off the bottom. Now like you said dont get too caught up in that. It could go anywhere. Trump just signed the tariffs on China. Market could take a steady drop right now. 

Remember this also: it is not the news, but the way the market reacts to the news. This does not mean that the market is always right. However, even if the market is "wrong" in the short term, it could take away a lot of your money if you choose to argue with it. For the power of the money behind the market is so great that all but few, if any, individuals can win an argument with it. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, DarterBlue said:

Remember this also: it is not the news, but the way the market reacts to the news. This does not mean that the market is always right. However, even if the market is "wrong" in the short term, it could take away a lot of your money if you choose to argue with it. For the power of the money behind the market is so great that all but few, if any, individuals can win an argument with it. 

Zuckerberg from facebook lost something like 6 million in a day. well it is reacting very negatively right now to the riff between the USA and China

1 minute ago, HSFBfan said:

Zuckerberg from facebook lost something like 6 million in a day. well it is reacting very negatively right now to the riff between the USA and China

Six million to Zuckerberg is the equivalent of $600 to me. No, I don't want to lose that amount, but at the end of the day, it has no material impact on my life. I am sure the $6mn has little impact on his life. 

Just now, DarterBlue said:

Six million to Zuckerberg is the equivalent of $600 to me. No, I don't want to lose that amount, but at the end of the day, it has no material impact on my life. I am sure the $6mn has little impact on his life. 

Probably very true. But you can chalk this up to another campaign promised fulfilled by President Trump. 

1 minute ago, HSFBfan said:

Probably very true. But you can chalk this up to another campaign promised fulfilled by President Trump

You had to bring Trump into this. If you must worship someone or something, worship God or the enormity of the Universe. Don't worship man or for that matter, woman!

You had to bring Trump into this. If you must worship someone or something, worship God or the enormity of the Universe. Don't worship man or for that matter, woman!

How is that worship? Just saying he has fulfilled another promise. But ok lol. I dont worship man or entity.