NJ 2018

Canes1975

1 minute ago, GardenStateBaller said:

OL will be suspect, but it helps having JM and RJ. 

get that OL moving around to protect JM and RJ. Maybe not go helmet to helmet so to speak. Lot of sweeps if they are undersized up front. When I said best young OL I was speaking of Felter

23 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Has to be between BC and SJR. Can't rule out DePaul either if they continue to attract solid xfer talent. 

SJR will be good....reload a couple of positions...Defense should be very good....as far as Frosh...go...SJR class was very good...one of the better classes in a long time....only loss was to Depaul with some hometown reffing...but DPC has a good class as well

• Thanks 2

On 3/23/2018 at 10:41 AM, SJR89 said:

SJR will be good....reload a couple of positions...Defense should be very good....as far as Frosh...go...SJR class was very good...one of the better classes in a long time....only loss was to Depaul with some hometown reffing...but DPC has a good class as well

Actually the only hometown reffing occurred in the 1st Dp-joes game, when DP was going in for a score.

And as far as freshman teams are concerned, can you tell me who won last year's freshman game?

On 3/24/2018 at 2:51 PM, elKakador said:

Actually the only hometown reffing occurred in the 1st Dp-joes game, when DP was going in for a score.

And as far as freshman teams are concerned, can you tell me who won last year's freshman game?

sounds like the chip is still there...even though you won the chip..then that makes you a chump..............

On 3/23/2018 at 10:41 AM, SJR89 said:

Talk about "chip!"  Still haven't gotten over it, huh?

btw- what about the freshman game?  Nothing to say?

1 hour ago, elKakador said:

Talk about "chip!"  Still haven't gotten over it, huh?

btw- what about the freshman game?  Nothing to say?

freshman football is a barometer of the future but has to be taken with a grain of salt. Depaul beat SJR but DPC lost to Bergen 12-7 who in turn got smoked by SJR 28-0. 

3 minutes ago, Mickeybern said:

freshman football is a barometer of the future but has to be taken with a grain of salt. Depaul beat SJR but DPC lost to Bergen 12-7 who in turn got smoked by SJR 28-0. 

Didnt PC win state titles more due to transfers than anything their freshman team did

9 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

Didnt PC win state titles more due to transfers than anything their freshman team did

yes that is true but I still think there is a correlation between having a dominant freshman class and a successful varsity team. But the emphasis is on DOMINANT!  Not just good. The current BC junior class blew out the rest of the BNU as freshmen. And I'm rather confident if you go back over the last 20 years and found those unique freshman teams that were dominant you will also find they were state champs 2 or 3 years later.

Just now, Mickeybern said:

yes that is true but I still think there is a correlation between having a dominant freshman class and a successful varsity team. But the emphasis is on DOMINANT!  Not just good. The current BC junior class blew out the rest of the BNU as freshman. And I'm rather confident if you go back over the last 20 years and found those unique freshman teams that were dominant you will also find they were state champs 2 or 3 years later.

Sounds good. Yes if you can keep those core of dominant kids together than they should be able to keep going and win throughout their 4 years at whatever school they attend. If you look at the DBP DOMINANT years those kids stuck together and they won time and time again. Who is set up to have the best freshman team this year?

Just now, HSFBfan said:

Sounds good. Yes if you can keep those core of dominant kids together than they should be able to keep going and win throughout their 4 years at whatever school they attend. If you look at the DBP DOMINANT years those kids stuck together and they won time and time again. Who is set up to have the best freshman team this year?

Don't have info from the other schools. All I know is is that several sources have said that Bergen has a tremendous class coming in and I've also heard that SPP has pretty good class coming in as well.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, GardenStateBaller said:

True. PC won all their chips with some of the worst frosh teams in the BNU the prior three years. Too many uncontrollable, external variables such as xfers out, injuries, coaching changes, etc. 

Combining solid freshman teams with vgood incoming upperclassmen xfers is optimal. DPC is a perfect example these days. Accomplishing this from both sides. 

So like Mickey said and you have stated you need a very good core of players that have been playing together since their freshman days if not earlier and combine that with high quality transfers and you have the making of some very good to dominant teams. Kids are always going to transfer its the school that holds onto their core that is going to win

• Like 1