OT: Politics

noonereal

Just now, Horsefly said:

This is garbage.  This is titled most dangerous cities but provides not context as what it's based on.  They are leading you into what to think.   I prefer my link as it's supported by FBI stats and shows % increase from 2010-2015 and the reader can draw their one conclusions.  I don't need to the writer to create a narrative for me.

it gives you the violent crime rate. Certain number per how many people. So it does give you context. 

5 minutes ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

Ok the tales of Atlanta being Terribly Violent are exaggerated.... 

And to be honest Atlanta is probably one of the best large cities in the South.... 

Great Educational Institutions

Plenty of Job opportunities in Atlanta and the Metro

MARTA is Decent.... (1 time deal for me....) 

Heres the link for the Uniform Crime Report for Atlanta. 

http://www.atlantapd.org/uniformcrimereports.aspx

8 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

it gives you the violent crime rate. Certain number per how many people. So it does give you context. 

No it doesn't.  It doesn't show me how these stats compare with other cities, republican and democrat, run like my chart.  It dis sent address it any form or fashion.  The writer threw together crime rates and said "here are the most dangerous cities"Yours doesn't diminish what mine had to state with the 154% increase in homicides as an example in republican run Indianapolis. Does that show effective measures in curtailing crime?  Are the folks there safer than they were in years past? You gotta take off the political lenses and look at what is going on in all aspects.  Collectively, not many major cities are effective in reducing homicides regardless of political party.

Just now, Horsefly said:

No it doesn't.  It doesn't show me how these stats compare with other cities, republican and democrat, run like my chart.  Yours doesn't diminish what mine had to state with the 154% increase in homicides as an example in Indianapolis. Does that show effective measures in curtailing crime?  You gotta take off the political lenses and look at what is going on in all aspects.  Colelctively, not many major cities are effective in reducing homicides regardless of political party.

maybe not collectively but NYC diminished their homicides significantly. If you look at homicides in NYC from the 1980s to today its down to basically nothing

Just now, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

No my point was Atlanta is still not as bad as those large Southern cities I listed...

Miami is iffy... theyve been getting a lot better.... 

But Memphis and Nashville are rediculous....

Ive flown into atlanta and only been on the highways. It seems like where GT is located isnt terrible. Other then that ive heard about the job industry booming in Atlanta. 

4 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

maybe not collectively but NYC diminished their homicides significantly. If you look at homicides in NYC from the 1980s to today its down to basically nothing

Didn't say they didn't, I don't deal in absolutes.  My point and only poimt is that some dem. and rep run cities have seen spikes in homicides.  One side doesn't have all the answers as we are led to believe with all the finger pointing across the aisle.  

1 minute ago, Horsefly said:

Didn't say they didn't, I don't deal in absolutes.  My point and only poimt is that some dem. and rep run cities have seen spikes in homicides.  One side doesn't have all the answers as we are led to believe with all the finger pointing across the aisle.  

Ok yes i see your point there are a million factors that can be discussed for a million years. But it seems like drummer point with the democratic cities being the worst. 

1 minute ago, Drummer61 said:

Denial is not the river in Egypt.... Dem cities,no matter how you attempt to spin it,are in fact, debacles and are in chaos...

I don't deal in absloutes like you, Repub cities and states have their issues.

By the way I'm neither democrat nor a republican.  I take issue to one party thinking they are exceptional and beyond reproach like many republicans think.

28 minutes ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

Chicago is beyond a Hot mess... Chicago has always been a rough/bad place... hell even its historical roots have ties with the mafia... 

You think it'll get better?

I'm not sure what will happen in Chicago. But for those who blame the current President, I'm curious if they think a changing of the guard in the White House will drastically change the current situation.

11 minutes ago, Drummer61 said:

Chicago is an ABSOLUTE MESS!!!!  That sir,is absolute... Your losing this debate badly facts are against you..

I'm not sure you know what I'm arguing.  My point, and I stated it, is that Chicago falls squarely on the governor and mayors shoulders, it's a reflection of them.  They share in the blame equally.  Nothing you have stated refutes that.

21 minutes ago, Drummer61 said:

You lost the debate on Chicago and the fact that Democrat run cities are in chaos... Now,you trying to start a false narrative.... In the book Don Quixote there were two characters, DQ and his pal Sanchpo Panza.. One was an non absolute believer and Sancho, the REALIST......... Yor appear to be a dreamer and non-realist.. Happy new year..

You need to read better is the issue, I never stated Chicago didn't have issues.  (Please find the post where I stated Chicago was not all that bad) You are the one that stated Obama didn't start a justice inquiry like he did in ferguson.  You were wrong of course, since then you've  been grasping at straws. Before you went on your dem rant I don't think you knew Illinois had a republican governor until I pointed it out.  You're lost like you are on a lot of subjects.

Here is the fundamental difference between me and you.  I hold people accountable not political parties

cheers

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Drummer61 said:

Thank you Rudy G... Rebublican..

..not quit...Rudy was at the right place at the right time...Bill Clinton passed a Crime Bill that sent a lot of $$ to NY so he could hire thousands of cops...thank Bill Clinton for cleaning up N.Y...Rudy just hired the cops.

In fact... Rudy who likes to play big shot screwed up big time by not moving the police emergency command center from the World Trade plaza as he was requested to do after the first bombing attack....so when he was walking around after the planes hit it was because he had no command center to go to...O.o

2 minutes ago, DBP66 said:

..not quit...Rudy was at the right place at the right time...Bill Clinton passed a Crime Bill that sent a lot of $$ to NY so he could hire thousands of cops...thank Bill Clinton for cleaning up N.Y...Rudy just hired the cops.

In fact... Rudy who likes to play big shot screwed up big time by not moving the police emergency command center from the World Trade plaza as he was requested to do after the first bombing attack....so when he was walking around after the planes hit it was because he had no command center to go to...O.o

Actually there was a command center. My dad was at it. Maybe the primary command center was there but there was a command center. Now the FDNY they had their command center in the lobby of one of the buildings. But thats a whole different story that doesnt need to be addressed with this topic. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, DBP66 said:

Also Rudy could have done nothing with this money and sat on his hands. But he did the right thing and the city was cleaned up. Now its trending back in the wrong direction

1 hour ago, Drummer61 said:

Denial is not the river in Egypt.... Dem cities,no matter how you attempt to spin it,are in fact, debacles and are in chaos...

..meanwhile back in Republican land they are drawing lines in the sand....the question is...Are you with McCain Republican or a Hannity Republican?? do you think Julian Hassian is a liar and should not be trusted then you're a McCain republican. If you think Julian is the best thing since sliced bread your a Hannity republican...

..a party in chaos...

2 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

Also Rudy could have done nothing with this money and sat on his hands. But he did the right thing and the city was cleaned up. Now its trending back in the wrong direction

...no it's not...the crime stats are down in NYC....despite stopping the "stop and frisk" program...