Arrested for being black....at starbucks?

FootballGuy

4 minutes ago, noonereal said:

do I need reword everything to compensate for your sensitivities?  

not about me, good grief, I am trying to teach the class how we run to tribe and tend to view people as part of the tribe or an adve

not much room for middle ground, just like in politics.

"and let me tell you how many will interpret my stance. They will assume my take makes me soft on discrimination."

stop being so sensitive

You were responding to ME you and presuming "I " was going to respond a certain way. 

I'm out...tired of your self aggrandizement.  You want to teach a class?  Then actually teach one!! 

Just now, Horsefly said:

I'm out...tired of your self aggrandizement.  You want to teach a class?  Then actually teach one!! 

Honest, have some coffee or something.

or is it just that time of the month? 

Come on dude, stop with the sensitive nonsense. 

You don't think that comment was made in jest as I know a little about you? ;)

Just now, Sportsnut said:

From what is shown, there was no reason for police and certainly no reason for handcuff's and arrest.

maybe they were being arrested for not following a police order and they the cops decided not to file charges since Starbucks decided not to file trespassing charges?

I am not defending anyone here, I simply can't accept things so superficially. 

1 hour ago, noonereal said:

and let me tell you what you and everyone else is this tread will do. They will assume my take makes me soft on discrimination. Or dismissive of it. Maybe some will even think me a racist. 

And why? Because I want facts and don't want to base my decisions on generalities and assumptions. 

Frankly, I am suspect of the folks who read this story as "empty" as it is of context and made a rush to judgement. I would not want them on a jury if I were wrongly accused. 

Not from my perspective. I do realize that context is missing from the online report. I am just a bit bewildered, given the two men did not seem to be putting up resistance, that it resulted in a trip to the police station. Normally, such matters could have been resolved without having to resort to that. I guess I should be glad that no one was injured and at the end of the day only egos were bruised. 

1 minute ago, Sportsnut said:

Maybe they don't drink coffee.

So how long in your twisted racial sociopath mind should 2 non-coffee drinkers be allowed to take up seats at a Starbucks?

5 minutes, 25 minutes, 1 hour? 

Anyways, they have more than coffee at Starbucks, you clown.

Maybe they could have bought a juice, do they drink juice?

17 hours ago, FootballGuy said:

I dunno, I have questions, what did they do?

Why aren't the men being vocal about the bust? With witnesses present, I'm going off vocally....

Dude is smiling, completely chill....

Why? He must of hit the lawsuit lotto with that grin.

We'll see.

15 minutes ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

I dunno, I have questions, what did they do?

Why aren't the men being vocal about the bust? With witnesses present, I'm going off vocally....

Dude is smiling, completely chill....

Why? He must of hit the lawsuit lotto with that grin.

We'll see.

Not everyone is hot headed, they were being non confrontational and I agree, they may have figured they hit the lotto.  

I find it interesting the DA dismissed this and said there was no evidence of a crime. Don't know what they were arrested for, I read trespassing on another site.

this is from Huffpost.

"Ben Waxman, a spokesman for the Philadelphia District Attorney’s Office, told HuffPost that the two men were released at 1:30 a.m. Friday. He said the DA will not bring charges against them.

“We declined to bring charges against the two men because there was a lack of evidence that a crime was committed,”  

3 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

Not everyone is hot headed, they were being non confrontational and I agree, they have have figured they hit the lotto.  

I find it interesting the DA dismissed this and said there was no evidence of a crime. Don't know what they were arrested for, I read trespassing on another site.

this is from Huffpost.

"Ben Waxman, a spokesman for the Philadelphia District Attorney’s Office, told HuffPost that the two men were released at 1:30 a.m. Friday. He said the DA will not bring charges against them.

“We declined to bring charges against the two men because there was a lack of evidence that a crime was committed,”  

I will definitely collect on this misdeed....

I definitely wouldn't be so calm about it, I wouldn't resist with the manpower and weapons aginst me, but things would be said and saw the grievance claim with damages through.

Just now, Sportsnut said:

Not defending but not allowing for freedom in your eyes. 

They are different to you. It is because no white people were involved except to say nothing the guys did was wrong.

Yet you still condemn the action of the black guys. 

This fits on the list.

Nervous because black men are sitting.

See @Horsefly

As I predicted.

3 minutes ago, Sportsnut said:

They are different to you. It is because no white people were involved except to say nothing the guys did was wrong.

This fits on the list.

He's speculating because the article is unclear, get a grip and put the bomb down.

13 minutes ago, Sportsnut said:

This fits on the list.

Whatever to whatever you are trying to say.....I didn't say anyone was right or wrong. I'm NOT going to blow it up into a Civil War though, that's your job and purpose for being on this forum.

It could have been handled differently. 

Sell your shit to someone else more on your level.

1 minute ago, Sportsnut said:

The article is clear and the authorities agreed, there was no reason for this to happen.

The article is clear to those that don't have reason to lie.

From your perspective it is clear.

From mine it is missing context which would tell us much.

Read my posts this morning on this and try to understand another's perspective. 

I, in no way faulted the blacks cuffed, I am simply reserving condemnation of the store workers or police till I know exactly what happened. 

• Thanks 1