NFL Draft: Where they went to High School (Completed)

ECHS05

18 hours ago, ECHS05 said:

Lorenzo Carter is an OLB 😛

I too noticed this though... Pretty quickly, lol.

Just be glad BTW got Norcross early or they might not have a MNC. Shits got cocky, got the snot beat out of them, and realized they werent going to coast just because they won last year.

Carter played well against the best college FB had to offer... The BTW lineman was nothing special, Carter just had a big head.

BTW was the best team in the country that year

They win that game any week of the season 

1 hour ago, Columbiafan said:

BTW was the best team in the country that year

They win that game any week of the season 

BTW wasnt as dominate in the latter part of the season, and Norcross had completely turned themselves around.

Norcross was going to lose the week they played no matter what. But the reason they lost so badly is because... The score was 7-0 in the early 2nd... Norcross would then turn the ball over (twice unforced, just dropped the football) 3 straight times ... The score went from 7-0 to 21-0 in under 50 seconds... And from 21-0 to 27-0 in another minute or so... It literally went from 7-0 to 27-0 in a matter of 2-3 minutes....1 time was inside their own 10, another was inside their 10 again but was easily returned for a TD by BTW, and another was inside their own 20... It was a disaster.

It was 27-0 at the half... BTW scored somehow (cant remember exactly) to make it 34-0... And then Norcross comes out and gets a punt blocked back into the end zone and it was recovered by BTW to make it 41-0 not long after that. It was a flurry of mistakes.

Norcross' HC for some idiotic reason declined a running clock, and BTW scored 2 more times with Norcross' D absolutely beaten & whipped.

Ive never seen so many things go wrong. I do believe a rematch at years end wouldve went to the wire. Norcross' QB and RB were 1st year,transfers and that was their 1st game in a Norcross jersey vs BTW. Norcross' top WR (who had 160 receiving yards in the state title game) was out vs. BTW.. Clinton Lynch, who went on to Georgia Tech.

Norcross lost to North Gwinnett 36-17 in week 3, but beat them 31-14 in the State Title game.

My point was, Norcross got their shit together... And were SUPER TALENTED. 2012 Norcross (w/Alvin Kamara) was much better, but 2013 was a force themselves at years' end.

8 minutes ago, golfaddict1 said:

Kind of psyched about Carter on the Giants.  He’s sort of a freak athlete and can do some nice things.  

BTW with 3 draftees I believe.  Any other high schools at that or above?   

Havent noticed honestly... Norcross has 2 at the moment.

I will say this... I havent counted outright, but just going through doing it... It seems like NC State has a SHITLOAD of draftees.

Edit: Just checked... NC State has 7 draftees through 5 rounds.

1 hour ago, ECHS05 said:

Havent noticed honestly... Norcross has 2 at the moment.

I will say this... I havent counted outright, but just going through doing it... It seems like NC State has a SHITLOAD of draftees.

Edit: Just checked... NC State has 7 draftees through 5 rounds.

They were pretty good last year.   ACC only recently starting  to get credit, but that's been a pretty tough conference top to bottom for a bit.     They'd been underrated for a while.  

7 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

So 34 for Florida. Not bad for a state that has 550 high schools compared to 1,200 each in Texas and California 

Best state by a wide margin 

Funny that everyone says FL is nothing without STA and IMG 

IMG had 1 player selected in entire draft 

STA had none selected in back to back years 

Ed White in Jacksonville had as many draft picks as those 2 combined 😂 

Im fairly surprised neither OLB Davin Bellamy or DT John Atkins were drafted.. I though they were 4th/5th rd guys

Bellamy has agreed to a Free Agent deal with the Houston Texans.

John Atkins has agreed to a deal with the New England Patriots... Which is where Isaiah Wynn and Sony Michel were drafted.

UGA CB Aaron Davis has agreed to a deal with the NY Giants.

Whats more surprising... DT Trenton Thompson didnt get drafted... I knew he shouldve stayed another year. He was the 247sports composite #1 overall player in 2015.

1 hour ago, Columbiafan said:

Best state by a wide margin 

Funny that everyone says FL is nothing without STA and IMG 

IMG had 1 player selected in entire draft 

STA had none selected in back to back years 

Ed White in Jacksonville had as many draft picks as those 2 combined 😂 

Honestly no one says that though.    Just that computer lol. 

• Like 1