Are Texas HS Football best days behind them?

Sammyswordsman

2 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

The two losses to NV hurt its rep big time, but the DLS win keeps them on the Tier 1 level of hsfb states. 

Show me the Texas Team that Lost OOS In the last 18 yrs and I will Show you a Texas team that did the same thing to them.

Westlake lost to Liberty NV without *4 QB who was hurt against Katy the week before. 

2016 Austin Westlake

Liberty 21 WL 14 qb 1st start

LT 49 WL 7 LMAO

LT 51 WL 3 LMAO again

2016 Cedar Hill

BG 44 CH 14   next week CH wins 42 - 41 over Mansfield not a top Texas Team

Desoto 33 CH 18 same type of ass whipping as B.G.   Desoto wins State in DII in their 1st yr. Never conquering DI

6 minutes ago, Cossacks said:

So one game (loss) by one team defines a whole state with what 1200+ football playing schools? 

I like OOS games, but this myth that once you pass a imaginary line into another state it represents  a lot more is such bullshit. Especially in a one game scenario. Kind of shortsighted and retarded thinking .

2-3 games are way too small of a sample size. If the top 1 20 of NV and TX played head to head I put a shit ton on Texas going 18-2 / 17-3 range. That at least would be a better barometer. 

That same year one our TAPPS travelled to NV and beat the Hell out of one of their other top Privates.

Just now, DevilDog said:

If our team loses OOS they get worked in State.

2015 wK# 2 IMG 47 Desoto 29 

Guess what happened to them in WK#1 Arl. Martin 46  Desoto 26 :D Cedar Hill 26  Desoto 2  lol  Mansfield 35 Desoto 21

The flip side is that Most every (if not all)l undefeated Texas teams have one thing in common...Zero Top 10 OOS opponent games

3 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Anyone (knowledgeable about HS football) who watched the game saw that DLS was the better team.  Same as SJB vs STA.

Anything can happen in HS football, especially week 1 on the road OOS.

This is complete BS.  DLS gave up two long drives in the third Qrt of that game which was the best FB that either team played.  DLS had chance but Trinity took that ball shoved up that prep boy ass and DLS could do anything but bend over and take it on those two drives.

DLS had couple of busted brain fart TDS in the game that Trinity wouldn’t have give up if they played again.

6 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

The flip side is that Most every (if not all)l undefeated Texas teams have one thing in common...Zero Top 10 OOS opponent games

The Flip side is if they loose OOS they are not good enough to win in State and it doesn't matter who the hell they played.  That is proof.  If you claim that OOS is so great.  How does a barely top 10 team beat your Big School Champ then loose in the 1st round here.  When Your Big School Champ went back to Cali and went all Lil Big Horn on that State.  Again show me where a top Texas team looses OOS then comes and Smokes Texas in the last 18 years.  I will wait. Do you have any idea how many non State Champs here have won OOS and beat other National Powers that won Their State.  That would include yours as well. Even winning against a so called OOS power don't mean you wont get your ass kicked here.  Like Allen over Hoover.  ET over Bentonville, Desoto over Union & Jenks, Abilene over Plant, SLC over Union, ET over DLS, Skyline over Cocoa

2009 ET 42 Bingham 21 ET''s 1st Game Bingham's 3rd

wK # 2 Cedar Hill 23 ET 14 :D

Wk# 3 Allen 35 ET 28 :D

6 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

The Flip side is if they loose OOS they are not good enough to win in State and it doesn't matter who the hell they played.  That is proof.  If you claim that OOS is so great.  How does a barely top 10 team beat your Big School Champ then loose in the 1st round here.  When Your Big School Champ went back to Cali and went all Lil Big Horn on that State.  Again show me where a top Texas team looses OOS then comes and Smokes Texas in the last 18 years.  I will wait. Do you have any idea how many non State Champs here have won OOS and beat other National Powers that won Their State.  That would include yours as well.

Fortunately for you, the sample size of Top 3 Texas teams playing OOS is zero.

S

4 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Was the ET sample size large enough and how unfortunate for you with all that bloviating before the game.  Line up 15 teams against Texas and see what happens including the 3 Select ones you put together the last 3 years.  Fact of the matter is DLS is just another good football team here as well as Florida. Are you sure you are above UTAH now on the national Scale?  I will bet you right now East, UT don't come in here and Punk Allen like they did your Powerhouse.  Remember how Aledo had you all psyched and I specifically tried to warn you.  Thanks for losing that bet. I was the one Texan that never hedged that ET was gonna win.

13 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

You are bloviating quite a bit over a nothing Burger.  Please list all the OOS Champs that Cali has beaten in the last 8 years.  Since you are playing all these OOS games.  Hell STA who was a good team beat your top 3 this year. That is a current trend along with the well we don't improve till week 9 after another OOS ass whipping.  Let's do this compare it to Texas since we don't play OOS.  Hell you even get beat down In the Honor Bowl out there by Hawaii teams. :D And how many of your State Champs got beat OOS during the same time period.

List them or Shut up.  Even lil 4A Stephenville has an Alaska Big School State Championship during that time period.   We are all waiting.  I deal In proof not hyperbole.  And as far as Katy 2015 being the best ever.  That's because the idiots that voted didn't see the earlier dynasties.  Most of the ones with the most votes are all recent teams.

5 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

S

Was the ET sample size large enough and how unfortunate for you with all that bloviating before the game.  Line up 15 teams against Texas and see what happens including the 3 Select ones you put together the last 3 years.  Fact of the matter is DLS is just another good football team here as well as Florida. Are you sure you are above UTAH now on the national Scale?  I will bet you right now East, UT don't come in here and Punk Allen like they did your Powerhouse.  Remember how Aledo had you all psyched and I specifically tried to warn you.  Thanks for losing that bet. I was the one Texan that never hedged that ET was gonna win.

The fact is that the year is 2018.

The whole point of the thread is that elite Texas HS football is the past,   2017 was a disaster (referring to the national landscape) for Texas and 2018 isn't looking any better. 

Even Fla needs an Nationally recruited academy team to try and stay on the field with a Top (2) Trinity league team.

4 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

The fact is that the year is 2018.

The whole point of the thread is that elite Texas HS football is the past,   2017 was a disaster (referring to the national landscape) for Texas and 2018 isn't looking any better. 

Even Fla needs an Nationally recruited academy team to try and stay on the field with a Top (2) Trinity league team.

List all the great OOS wins by Cali in the last Decade.  We are all waiting. King of OOS.  STA, Fl would have been a top 3 team in Ca. last year.  In Florida :D Score 3 freaking pts and go back to Cali and start dropping 50+ on damn near  everyone they played. DLS did the same after ET

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Not at all. Just saying that losing to Liberty was way worse than losing to a nationally relevant BG. TX hsfb will always be a top 3 hsfb state. 

Ok yes a bad loss for Westlake I ageee. But that’s all it is, a bad loss for Westlake. Nothing more nothing less. It was not the whole state of Texas who lost to Westlake. I guess you could daisy chain the hell out of it and say it was bad.

12 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

2017 alone. Bishop Gorman and Bergen Catholic.  

2017 B.G. was down They lost to MD on the road and Miami Central beat them @ B.G.  The same MC that lost 33-0 to Dwyer and 3 other Florida ass whippings.  That was not a great win.  But at least you try.

And Bergen Catholic lost to Archbishop Wood, PA the week before. :D 

Again list the wins.  Those 2 were not great.  I can list  teams TX beat OOS in the last 3 years that didn't loose to anyone else.  .

2 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

Is that Greater than 2017 B.G. was down They lost to MD on the road and Miami Central beat them @ B.G.  The same MC that lost 33-0 to Dwyer and 3 other Florida ass whippings.  That was not a great win.  But at least you try.

Again list the wins.  Those 2 were not great.  I can list  teams TX beat OOS in the last 3 years that didn't loose to anyone else.

You asked for OOS State Champs that a Calif team beat.   Was my response not satisfactory?

3 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

You asked for OOS State Champs that a Calif team beat.   Was my answer not satisfactory?

B.G. Wins NV every damn year.  So you have beaten 2 SC In the last 18 years OOS.  Great job. Meanwhile,

DLS, Bellevue, Jenks, Union.   I got plenty more including a multitude of State runner ups.   

You do a better job of losing with a State Champ than beating someone else's State Champ.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

The Flip side is if they loose OOS they are not good enough to win in State and it doesn't matter who the hell they played.  That is proof.  If you claim that OOS is so great.  How does a barely top 10 team beat your Big School Champ then loose in the 1st round here.  When Your Big School Champ went back to Cali and went all Lil Big Horn on that State.  Again show me where a top Texas team looses OOS then comes and Smokes Texas in the last 18 years.  I will wait. Do you have any idea how many non State Champs here have won OOS and beat other National Powers that won Their State.  That would include yours as well. Even winning against a so called OOS power don't mean you wont get your ass kicked here.  Like Allen over Hoover.  ET over Bentonville, Desoto over Union & Jenks, Abilene over Plant, SLC over Union, ET over DLS, Skyline over Cocoa

2009 ET 42 Bingham 21 ET''s 1st Game Bingham's 3rd

wK # 2 Cedar Hill 23 ET 14 :D

Wk# 3 Allen 35 ET 28 :D

ET beat y'alls state champ.  There's that. 

23 minutes ago, DevilDog said:

2017 B.G. was down They lost to MD on the road and Miami Central beat them @ B.G.  The same MC that lost 33-0 to Dwyer and 3 other Florida ass whippings.  That was not a great win.  But at least you try.

Again list the wins.  Those 2 were not great.  I can list  teams TX beat OOS in the last 3 years that didn't loose to anyone else.  .

Didn't BC go on to win state?

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, AztecPadre said:

ET beat y'alls state champ.  There's that. 

Bro you my man and all but there is a big difference in Texas and Cali as far as depth.

They beat N.S  42 -32 at Baylor.  I watched it with the ET Guys.  N.S.. lost to Manvel, Westfield and beat WL in OT for State.  They were not the best team In Texas by far.  Clearly DLS. was because they smoked Cali in 2015.   Everyone of those teams that beat N.S. Lost in State :D including E.T.  

No one in Texas thought of N.S. or E.T as being the Best in Texas at the beginning or the EOY.

The best team in Texas in 2015 was the N.C. Katy Tigers. Now imagine if they would have played N.S. or DLS. 

That's all.  That is not helping the Cali argument homie:

Peace out.  Tx is down: Cali is up per Sam.

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Got anything in the last 2 years homie?

Hence the point of the thread

Hoover, Al & ECA, La.  You pick a year and I will show you a State Champ Texas Beat OOS.  it's normal here.  You picked the last 2 years because you can't go further.  

a few on Standby.  Bellevue, Bingham, Bentonville.  Hell that's just the B's :D