Dorian Hale Takes First Team Reps At Spring Ball - De La Salle

DLS_Spartan

4 minutes ago, CaliNorth said:

Do you know much about the lines ? I hear they lost 4 starters on o-line, and we know the D-line lost Tuli. This is the key, in my opinion, how well a new o-line can jell with new qb. 1rst game is always a crap shoot. 

That is probably the question I ask most to my nephews and brother in law.  How are the lines looking.  They are mos def putting in time in the gym from what I hear.  As of right now, I am guessing they will have the typical DLS line that works the veer to perfection and get off the ball as one unit.  I never worry much about the O-line, but the D line will be helped since most teams will be focusing on the top LB in NorCal.

3 hours ago, FolsomPrisonBlues said:

@PrepGridiron is well aware of my presence. No need to tattle tale.

I have informed him that I will not be engaging in back and forth trolling. There is no need for that.

I would like to keep all things football related.

Thank you.

Won’t last! You can’t help yourself, your old tool self will come back at some point and time. How’s your make believe house doing?

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, FolsomPrisonBlues said:

Lol what would you expect them to say? They suck?

Nah, my nephews and Brother in law are very honest and to the point.  Last year he had no problem saying what he felt.  My sister married a great hard working honest kat so I trust his word.  I will get out to see them in early August when I can watch my nephews practice and the rest of the DLS team as well.  Will be some hot August days in Concord, but to watch the #1 team in NorCal practice to perfection.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, AztecPadre said:

Nah, my nephews and Brother in law are very honest and to the point.  Last year he had no problem saying what he felt.  My sister married a great hard working honest kat so I trust his word.  I will get out to see them in early August when I can watch my nephews practice and the rest of the DLS team as well.  Will be some hot August days in Concord, but to watch the #1 team in NorCal practice to perfection.

We will see about that. There is a new #1 right round the corner. 

I'd suggest you check out a practice. Many college coaches have been extremely impressed in the Folsom practice sessions. Well known. 

6 minutes ago, FolsomPrisonBlues said:

We will see about that. There is a new #1 right round the corner. 

I'd suggest you check out a practice. Many college coaches have been extremely impressed in the Folsom practice sessions. Well known. 

All the way in Folsom? Lol Pass.  I hate all the college coaches that go to the DLS practices.  I always have to sit up higher in the stands because I can't see through the whole bunch of them.  Luckily Saban is short so all the times he is there I can see right over him but the other kats are way too big to see over and there is just too many of them.  I'm going to propose to coach that he should only allow 20 college coaches at each practice just to make it easier for the family and friends that watch practice to see easier. Its just too much.  

8 minutes ago, AztecPadre said:

Luckily Saban is short so all the times

Aw Saben. He is quite familiar with Folsom practices. Came to as Jonah Williams and Joe Ngata multiple times. 

I think he likes the cocktails on Sutter St by now!

On another note- I hear San Jose State sends their cats to DLS practices a lot. Great program. 

8 hours ago, Pops said:

No one outside Folsom making that arguement today

Beat DLS this year and then let’s talk

DE la salle won't officially be back until they can beat so cal teams nor cal means nothing so cal maybe the best football in the country but beat gorman and mater dei in championship than your back otherwise de la salle a top 50 team 

11 hours ago, Blueliner said:

That BG was huge along the lines and had Shaq Powell at RB. That team had talent, but lacked the depth of today’s Gaels teams. BG got worn out in that game...that won’t happen anymore. 

The Dbs for dls were pretty good that year. Anthony Williams and Antoine Pickett (he ran the opening kickoff for a TD) were the corners, and soph DJ Moffitt was a safety. But that was, I think, the second year after losing DB Coach Ward. To me the Dbs have never the same since then. After both of his sons played at DLS and went onto play in the NFL, he left for a bigger job himself.

Yea we was just starting the out of state games then like now we have 10 olineman that could start a, and the hold oline return but 1 and 2 D1 QBs defense is super deep with transfers also this year team will be the deepest since 16 last year was horrible and unacceptable for BG could win the national championship but right now MATER DEI is all that's talked about at BG the kids are locked in like they went 0-16 

11 hours ago, Pops said:

Am not certain but think DJ was a LB in ‘10 and thought Ward was coaching until a couple or three years ago (pretty sure he was there in ‘13 at least)

DJ Moffett played “Spartan”...a SS/LB hybrid where he was a 3-year starter beginning in ‘10. M. Barton, B. Reneaud, M. Hutchings, and Victor Egu were the LBs during 10-11. Austin Hooper aldo player a little LB in ‘10 before finding his home at DE. 

...and you’re right, Coach Ward was there in ‘10. He left after the ‘11 season. But imho the DBs haven’t been the same since he left. Not sure if it’s talent or coaching. Maybe both.

10 hours ago, Rippers said:

It's too early for predictions; the game is still aways away and there is much that can happen between now and then.

But if everyone on both teams stay healthy throughout the summer and there are no other surprises, DLS should win if they hold on to the football.  They put it on the ground and give it up multiple times, they will lose.  They fall behind by double digits, they will probably lose.  They control the clock and score, they win.  Same formula for all of DLS's big games.

I rewatched the Helix-Folsom game. DLS is going crush that swiss cheese Folsom defense. DLS will get stops. DLS by at least 2 TDs. Will anyone be surprised? No. 

11 hours ago, 1DayPGA said:

Besides Foskey, who hopefully can give DLS the threat of getting past the safeties when they cheat on the veer like Asiasi used to do (remember that one hand grab at home that was a thing of beauty). Will DLS have any speed at receiving that will be able to stretch the field. If they have a long threat that will keep defenses honest and prevent them from loading the box they may be on to something. 

DLS had better find some receivers if they don’t have any. Hale is legit. I know one kid is coming up, but he’s only a soph. DLS may already have some players who can catch, but DLS hasn’t had anyone that can throw for a couple of years. I’m confident that they’re gonna be fine. 

8 hours ago, AztecPadre said:

As much as I want it to be a close exciting game, I have changed my original take on the game from Folsom by 10 to DLS by a shit load.  Everything I have been seeing and hearing from my nephews just seems like a pretty darn good outlook on DLS list year.  They are really excited and optimistic for this coming year and with Hale catching on way faster than I thought, its just going to be way too much for Folsom.  DLS by 3tds.  

Agreed. I’ve been saying this for months. (Patting my back). The day I saw Hale throw and run, I was like “holy shit, DLS has a QB”. Hale is legit...and I feel comfortable putting that on this 15 yo. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, CaliNorth said:

Do you know much about the lines ? I hear they lost 4 starters on o-line, and we know the D-line lost Tuli. This is the key, in my opinion, how well a new o-line can jell with new qb. 1rst game is always a crap shoot. 

Ageee. DLS will be replacing 3 starters on the OL. But remember that DLS often is senior heavy along the lines. This year will be no different.

I predict Hale will be doing business behind: 

OL— Ingram 275, Rask 275, tiny center, Tagaloa 260, Blair 270, Foskey 235(TE)

DL—Foskey 235, Roe 270, Tagaloa 260, Puckett 230

4 of those guys will be playing Saturdays. Not to mention 2 more D1 LBs. 

#feelinggood

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Blueliner said:

Ageee. DLS will be replacing 3 starters on the OL. But remember that DLS often is senior heavy along the lines. This year will be no different.

I predict Hale will be doing business behind: 

OL— Ingram 275, Rask 275, tiny center, Tagaloa 260, Blair 270, Foskey 235(TE)

DL—Foskey 235, Roe 270, Tagaloa 260, Puckett 230

4 of those guys will be playing Saturdays. Not to mention 2 more D1 LBs. 

#feelinggood

I'm counting on dem boys Bigly in week 1. 😅

• Like 1

5 hours ago, FolsomPrisonBlues said:

There are people outside Folsom making that argument. But that is irrelevant to be honest since they play each other soon, so that will be settled.

What is your prediction?

I’m feeling better about DLS from reports about Hale and others — yes @1DayPGA, @Blueliner Reported on a stud soph WR at 7on7s  

that said, I’m not comfortable with a soph QB running the veer against an elite opponent early so wouldn’t bet my mortgage 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sammyswordsman said:

It's a good thing DLS won't be playing an elite team early 

I actually thought about you as I was selecting that adjective 

elite is obviously relative — am not putting Folsom in 1st tier, but I think they’re credibly in 2nd tier coming in which still warrants the elite distinction 

There’s probably at least 40 states that won’t have a team as good as Folsom

to be real, I think they’d come in 3rd in trinity, but so might the #10 team in country 

If that’s objectionable, whats “elite” — 1st Tier only?  What’s that? 5 or 6 teams at this point?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Pops said:

I actually thought about you as I was selecting that adjective 

elite is obviously relative — am not putting Folsom in 1st tier, but I think they’re credibly in 2nd tier coming in which still warrants the elite distinction 

There’s probably at least 40 states that won’t have a team as good as Folsom

to be real, I think they’d come in 3rd in trinity, but so might the #10 team in country 

If that’s objectionable, whats “elite” — 1st Tier only?  What’s that? 5 or 6 teams at this point?

An appropriate adjective for the devil would be "a good test".

Their may be 5-7 truly Elite teams in any given year.  

There is a huge gap between Tier 1 and Tier 2.  Probably much more so than between subsequent tiers.

Think Lombardi Packets vs College All Stars

18 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

An appropriate adjective for the devil would be "a good test".

Their may be 5-7 truly Elite teams in any given year.  

There is a huge gap between Tier 1 and Tier 2.  Probably much more so than between subsequent tiers.

Think Lombardi Packets vs College All Stars

Meh

the bottom 4 trinity teams would be a good test 

I think Folsom is better than that 

I agree there’s a half dozen or so teams that are on a different level but am just a little more include with elite (top 25-50 in my book)

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Pops said:

Meh

the bottom 4 trinity teams would be a good test 

I think Folsom is better than that 

I agree there’s a half dozen or so teams that are on a different level but am just a little more include with elite (top 25-50 in my book)

Then BC would be considered Elite in 2017.  Stache out a running clock on them.  

Elite teams don't get mercy'd

1 hour ago, Blueliner said:

DJ Moffett played “Spartan”...

Any idea what he’s up to

had pac12 offers, went to unlv for s year or two and then disappeared 

he was such a sure tackler — got s bit overshadowed by other LB talent at times (rememer DJ makes DLS’s LBs best in country in ‘12, dj’s Senior year 

• Like 1