Dorian Hale Takes First Team Reps At Spring Ball - De La Salle

DLS_Spartan

3 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Then BC would be considered Elite in 2017.  Stache out a running clock on them.  

Elite teams don't get mercy'd

Fair point — sort of — I thing the GOAT could have running clocked all but 2-3 teams last year on a given Friday night 

top 25 then 

6 hours ago, Pops said:

Any idea what he’s up to

had pac12 offers, went to unlv for s year or two and then disappeared 

he was such a sure tackler — got s bit overshadowed by other LB talent at times (rememer DJ makes DLS’s LBs best in country in ‘12, dj’s Senior year 

Totally agree.He was pretty bad ass. 6-2 205. He’s one of my favorite DLS players. But the LB talent was pretty ridiculous then. I miss the days of the DBs playing like that. Hopefully they can find that again. 

He played 1 season at Unlv then returned to play at DVC for at least year. Not sure after that. 

Despite Block, I want another/more relevant NorCal teams. But how can Folsom be 2nd tier when they haven’t beaten anyone in the 3-5 tier....ever. Watch the Helix-Folsom game again. That defense wouldn’t stop any legit nationally ranked team. Helix scored 42 pretty easily. Helix lost to D 19 Paraclete 26-7. Paraclete! Let that sink in. What would say...Miami Central (solid 2-4 tier team) do to to them? Folsom will need to prove it for me. They’ll get their chance.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Blueliner said:

Despite Block, I want another/more relevant NorCal teams. But how can Folsom be 2nd tier when they haven’t beaten anyone in the 3-5 tier....ever. Watch the Helix-Folsom game again. That defense wouldn’t stop any legit nationally ranked team. Helix scored 42 pretty easily. Helix lost to D 19 Paraclete 26-7. Paraclete! Let that sink in. What would say...Miami Central (solid 2-4 tier team) do to to them? Folsom will need to prove it for me. They’ll get their chance.

2nd tier. Most rankings and even some polls have Folsom ranked ahead of DLS.

So DLS would be 2nd tier?

11 hours ago, Blueliner said:

DLS had better find some receivers if they don’t have any. Hale is legit. I know one kid is coming up, but he’s only a soph. DLS may already have some players who can catch, but DLS hasn’t had anyone that can throw for a couple of years. I’m confident that they’re gonna be fine. 

I would venture to guess since DLS throws so few passes most good receivers would prefer to go to MV, Foothill, etc. where their more pass oriented. And many receivers also play DB in hs. Hopefully knowing that Hale will be the QB the next 3 yrs. and Alumbaugh opens up the playbook some other kids that can catch the ball may want to come to DLS. 

12 hours ago, Pops said:

I’m feeling better about DLS from reports about Hale and others — yes @1DayPGA, @Blueliner Reported on a stud soph WR at 7on7s  

that said, I’m not comfortable with a soph QB running the veer against an elite opponent early so wouldn’t bet my mortgage 

Pops, I feel just the opposite. I'm looking forward to seeing Hale under center. I think getting in last year as a freshmen in the state game did a lot for his confidence playing at the varsity level. We all know he is going to be well groomed come August. And I would think that he is going to have the attitude that this is "my team" for the next 3 years. I also think that he doesn't have to run the veer to perfection. You would only have to run the veer to perfection if you have no passing game but from what I have seen and read he can sling it so that will take pressure off of running the veer to perfection if they can stretch the field with his passing. 

Now playing an elite opponent, yes Folsom is legit. But this is also going to be Folsom's first game as well and they are playing on the road in hostile territory.    

19 minutes ago, 1DayPGA said:

Pops, I feel just the opposite. I'm looking forward to seeing Hale under center. I think getting in last year as a freshmen in the state game did a lot for his confidence playing at the varsity level. We all know he is going to be well groomed come August. And I would think that he he is going to have the attitude that this is "my team" for the next 3 years. I also think that he doesn't have to run the veer to perfection. You would only have to run the veer to perfection if you have no passing game but from what I have seen and read he can sling it so that will take pressure off of running the veer to perfection if they can stretch the field with his passing. 

Now playing an elite opponent, yes Folsom is legit. But this is also going to be Folsom's first game as well and they are playing on the road in hostile territory.    

No arguement — and I’m very excited about the kid

just wish this game came after a little more seasoning for an untested soph to be 

3 hours ago, FolsomPrisonBlues said:

2nd tier. Most rankings and even some polls have Folsom ranked ahead of DLS.

So DLS would be 2nd tier?

That’s not true — maxpreps is it

and theyre HQd basically in your school district 

not that it matters but that’s just a misstatement you keep repeating — let me know if you’d like to review poll by poll, but I recommend just conceding my point and saving us both time 

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, 1DayPGA said:

I would venture to guess since DLS throws so few passes most good receivers would prefer to go to MV, Foothill, etc. where their more pass oriented. And many receivers also play DB in hs. Hopefully knowing that Hale will be the QB the next 3 yrs. and Alumbaugh opens up the playbook some other kids that can catch the ball may want to come to DLS. 

It’s too late — the oldest kids that are relevant are 8th graders 

DLS isn’t looking to attract transfers 

Just now, Pops said:

That’s not true — maxpreps is it

and theyre HQd basically in your school district 

not that it matters but that’s just a misstatement you keep repeating — let me know if you’d like to review poll by poll, but I recommend just conceding my point and saving us both time 

It could be HQ'd in South Africa for all I care. Intel is also in Folsom. None are connected to the school.

None of it matters anyways since judgement day is upon us soon.

Just now, FolsomPrisonBlues said:

It could be HQ'd in South Africa for all I care. Intel is also in Folsom. None are connected to the school.

There’s also a McDonald’s and ampm in Folsom but, like Intel, none are Hq’d there

i assume since you didn’t debate that you concur DLS was higher in everybpoll outside of MP

i agree it matters not and we’ve got a good game coming up to settle at least NorCal bragging rights 

10 hours ago, Sammyswordsman said:

An appropriate adjective for the devil would be "a good test".

Their may be 5-7 truly Elite teams in any given year.  

There is a huge gap between Tier 1 and Tier 2.  Probably much more so than between subsequent tiers.

Think Lombardi Packets vs College All Stars

This is counter to your self-proclaimed Theory of the Tiers.

When first introduced, and in several instances thereafter you said there was a certain point difference between tiers.

I don’t recall what that number was; 10-15 points comes to mind.

Where does this “huge gap” come from, all of a sudden?

1 minute ago, Wosinc said:

This is counter to your self-proclaimed Theory of the Tiers.

When first introduced, and in several instances thereafter you said there was a certain point difference between tiers.

I don’t recall what that number was; 10-15 points comes to mind.

Where does this “huge gap” come from, all of a sudden?

Very fair question and excellent take.

At the onset of the Tier rankings, I believe I said 7-21 points depending on the style of play of the teams being compared.  For Example a defensive based tier 2 team may beat a defensive based tier 3 team by 7 points, while a high octane offensive based Tier 2 team, may beat a defensive based tier 3 team by 21 points.

As the year progressed, Tier 1 became the home for ELITE teams that were much better than the "normal" high school teams that resided in Tiers 2-4.

38 minutes ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Very fair question and excellent take.

At the onset of the Tier rankings, I believe I said 7-21 points depending on the style of play of the teams being compared.  For Example a defensive based tier 2 team may beat a defensive based tier 3 team by 7 points, while a high octane offensive based Tier 2 team, may beat a defensive based tier 3 team by 21 points.

As the year progressed, Tier 1 became the home for ELITE teams that were much better than the "normal" high school teams that resided in Tiers 2-4.

Well, ok.  If you want to do it that way. 😜

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Blueliner said:

Ageee. DLS will be replacing 3 starters on the OL. But remember that DLS often is senior heavy along the lines. This year will be no different.

I predict Hale will be doing business behind: 

OL— Ingram 275, Rask 275, tiny center, Tagaloa 260, Blair 270, Foskey 235(TE)

DL—Foskey 235, Roe 270, Tagaloa 260, Puckett 230

4 of those guys will be playing Saturdays. Not to mention 2 more D1 LBs. 

#feelinggood

Who is the other D-1   Lb ?

4 hours ago, 1DayPGA said:

If I was a WR at DLS right now or in near future, I would train really really hard on running good routes and catching passes.....and continue superior down field blocking.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Blueliner said:

As much as I would love for another team to step up for NorCal so that DLS does not have to carry the state, I have to agree with Blue here.  Yet to have beaten a top team recently.  I know when they beat Serra back in the SBG was awesome and nobody had them winning.  But nobody since.  At least this year they are at least sticking their pinky toe in the water ever so delicately. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, AztecPadre said:

As much as I would love for another team to step up for NorCal so that DLS does not have to carry the state, I have to agree with Blue here.  Yet to have beaten a top team recently.  I know when they beat Serra back in the SBG was awesome and nobody had them winning.  But nobody since.  At least this year they are at least sticking their pinky toe in the water ever so delicately. 

They certainly need to play more elite teams to be considered one but I give some elite bona fides for beating the socal D1 rep by 10 TDs in 2014

that team could have beaten anyone in country that year at leasr a couple of times out of 10

6 hours ago, FolsomPrisonBlues said:

My company headquarters is so not in Folsom. We are right over here in the heart of the silicon valley.