Florida State Champs by County 1963-2017

Nolebull813

15 hours ago, CCBlackhatter said:

The same thing occurred in GA when Peachtree Ridge and Roswell tied for the large class championship leading to a change in the rules to allow overtime.

PTR & Roswell, plus Charlton Co. & Dublin (13-13) in 2A ... both in the same season.

7 hours ago, Pops said:

I just shared the story

sandy Creek ball,  plant forces punt, gets ball at mid field with 1:42 left

game over 

the writer explicitly suggested it appeared the GA ref’s watch was a bit fast

besides it being a stupid rule 

Plant got the ball on their own 42... its not like they were in FG range, thats not even close. Unless they can kick a 79 yard FG.

A lot of us were watching this game together, they called it right on time.  It was a Thursday, and the kids had school the next day... 11:30pm on school nights is the curfew and it was established well before the game. 

Plant had scored 1 offensive TD the entire 2nd half... all the sudden they were gonna drive 58 yards with ease? 

This turned out to be a matchup between a FL 8A semifinalist vs a GA 4A quarterfinalist.

4 hours ago, ECHS05 said:

Plant got the ball on their own 42... its not like they were in FG range, thats not even close. Unless they can kick a 79 yard FG.

A lot of us were watching this game together, they called it right on time.  It was a Thursday, and the kids had school the next day... 11:30pm on school nights is the curfew and it was established well before the game. 

Plant had scored 1 offensive TD the entire 2nd half... all the sudden they were gonna drive 58 yards with ease? 

This turned out to be a matchup between a FL 8A semifinalist vs a GA 4A quarterfinalist.

Thanks 

I just brought it up

then got jumped in for lying, etc. — you GA guys are as sensitive as school girls 

Let’s remember tho —

sandy creek was top 10 national at time

only reason this wasn’t rememebered more is it was right around btw-Norcross 

you can say they did it right on time but I rdidn’t Call discussion around it being a bit early and funny that it was immediately upon n change if possession.  You are downplaying now but it was a stinking awful look for GA 

3 minutes ago, Pops said:

Thanks 

I just brought it up

then got jumped in for lying, etc. — you GA guys are as sensitive as school girls 

Let’s remember tho —

sandy creek was top 10 national at time

only reason this wasn’t rememebered more is it was right around btw-Norcross 

you can say they did it right on time but I rdidn’t Call discussion around it being a bit early and funny that it was immediately upon n change if possession.  You are downplaying now but it was a stinking awful look for GA 

If you don't like our rules then don't play us... 

Like I've said many times long distance OOS  games shouldn't be played on a Thursday anyway... 

16 hours ago, CCBlackhatter said:

Did you miss that the game was a double header and the first game ran late?

They could've played on a Saturday, but you can't just change the date last minute after the team has already traveled to the game.

Nope I get it, I just think it was dumb.     

• Like 3

On 5/11/2018 at 8:34 AM, Nolebull813 said:

Dade - 38

Duval - 33

Palm Beach - 30

Broward - 24 

Leon - 18

Polk - 16

Brevard - 13

Escambia - 12

Hillsborough - 11

Manatee - 8

Marion, Orange and Jefferson - 6 each 

Alachua, Baker, Gulf, Okaloosa, Suwannee - 4 each 

Calhoun, Madison, Putnam, Sarasota, Union - 3 each 

Bradford, Collier, Gilchrist, Jackson, St Johns, Santa Rosa, Sumter, Wakulla - 2 each 

Bay, Clay, Columbia, Franklin, Gadsden, Hendry, Highlands, Holmes, Indian River, Lafayette, Lake, Levy, Osceola, Pasco, St Lucie, Seminole, Taylor, Volusia, Walton - 1 each 

Charlotte, Citrus, Desoto, Dixie, Flagler, Glades, Hamilton, Hardee, Lee, Liberty, Martin, Monroe, Nassau, Okeechobee, Pinellas, Washington - None

How many does duval have if you take out Bolles, Trinity Christian and University Christian? 

Jc

34 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

I think 1. Raines in 1997

Well 2 with this year but wow

Duval is 2nd in the state with championships by county but only 4 teams have ever held a trophy up in football 

A lot of underachieving programs but a lot of talent in the area

Duval in my opinion probably wastes the most talent of any county in the state simply because most administration in the county doesn't know how to run a football program