States with the Most Type 2 Diabetes!!

42 minutes ago, FolsomPrisonBlues said:

Agreed. And it shows at the Drs office lol

I'm just guessing that given the nation's worst poverty rate (not to mention the near poverty numbers), lots of folks aren't shopping at the fresh fruits & veggies section of the local Whole Foods or Fresh Markets in California.

Perhaps our poor tend to be overweight and yours tend to actually go to bed hungry or fighting with you over dumpster scraps.

1 minute ago, concha said:

I'm just guessing that given the nation's worst poverty rate (not to mention the near poverty numbers), lots of folks aren't shopping at the fresh fruits & veggies section of the local Whole Foods or Fresh Markets in California.

Perhaps our poor tend to be overweight and yours tend to actually go to bed hungry or fighting with you over dumpster scraps.

You would think there is a correlation between poor and unhealthy, as seen in the south. You would think this applies to CA and other states as well. But it doesn't.

I guess we just make better choices. Money or no money.

This is nothing new.

17 hours ago, DevilDog said:

A bunch of Swine eating States.  I bet Heart Disease and High Blood Pressure are right up there too.  African Americans need to realize that beast was never intended for our ingestion and was given to us as Slaves and the worst part of that beast at that and yet many still consume this killer in mass.  Even Yeshua would not eat that Beast.   The pig is a Cured (SALT) death Trap. We only consume this beast in the America's.  No where else in the World. 

African-Americans develop high blood pressure at younger ages than ... are more likely to develop complications associated with high blood pressure. These problems include stroke, kidney disease, blindness, dementia, and heart disease. ... Blacks in the U.S. also seem to be more sensitive to salt, which ...

Some scientists believe that high blood pressure in African-Americans is due to factors unique to the experience of blacks in the U.S. Blacks worldwide have rates of high blood pressure that are similar to whites. In the U.S., however, the difference is dramatic: 41% of blacks have high blood pressure, as compared to 27% of whites. 

Combine the above with living while black and the high stress levels associated with that. High stress plus pig in the diet equals high blood pressure, stroke, heart disease, kidney failure. All these factors lead to a relatively early death. 

• Like 1

Just now, DarterBlue said:

Combine the above with living while black and the high stress levels associated with that. High stress equals plus pig in the diet equals high blood pressure, stroke, heart disease, kidney failure. All these factors lead to a relatively early death. 

So blacks have more stress than other races?

Care to prove this?

2 minutes ago, FolsomPrisonBlues said:

You would think there is a correlation between poor and unhealthy, as seen in the south. You would think this applies to CA and other states as well. But it doesn't.

I guess we just make better choices. Money or no money.

This is nothing new.

Regional traditional foods. Already mentioned.

You folks make such great choices that roughly 4 in 10 residents are living near or below the poverty level. Worst in the nation. 

The pontificating from a state with such natural bounty that you and those like you have voted into becoming shit hole would be comical if it weren't so sad.

8 minutes ago, FolsomPrisonBlues said:

Care to prove this?

Blacks have higher rates of unemployment, less wealth, lower incomes, a much higher likelihood of dying violently both at the hands of criminals and law enforcement in the USA. We could have a debate as to how much of this is self inflicted and how much is due to systemic racism both in the past, and, sadly, today. 

All of the above leads to more stress. 

• Like 2

Just now, DarterBlue said:

Blacks have higher rates of unemployment, less wealth, lower incomes, a much higher likelihood of dying violently both at the hands of criminals and law enforcement in the USA. We could have a debate as to how much of this is self inflicted and how much is due to systemic racism both in the past, and, sadly, today. 

All of the above leads to more stress. 

Is any of it self inflicted?

8 minutes ago, FolsomPrisonBlues said:

Not really. Those same exact foods are offered in every other state.

So why the difference in the south?

I've been told on this thread that fried foods are forced upon them? And that there are no choices? What are your thoughts?

No, really.

People eat mostly the foods they grew up with.

1 minute ago, FolsomPrisonBlues said:

I am asking you what is your opinion.

Perhaps your English is challenged. If I stated what I did, clearly I acknowledge some is self inflicted. I said the debate would be how much vis a vis the other factors.

But to my original point which you questioned, black people in the USA clearly have very stressful lives. As a consequence of this, despite having higher per capital incomes than in my home county which is majority black, in the USA, blacks have higher mortality rates and a shorter life span.

If that is not troubling, I don't know what is.

43 minutes ago, FolsomPrisonBlues said:

Care to prove this?

@DarterBlue

Yes they do and always have.  We all know that poor diet and stress leads to many diseases and many of which are hereditary.  What was more stressful than being a slave and fed a diet Pig and Corn.  Care to guess what genes were passed to generations because of those conditions.  Secondly here are facts bearing out they actually do have more stress:

Poor Hispanics suffer with this as well. 

Despite the widespread belief that racial differences in stress exist and that stress is linked to poor health, relatively few studies have investigated the topic. A new study conducted by Harvard School of Public Health (HSPH) researchers shows that African Americans and U.S-born Hispanics have higher levels of stress than whites and foreign-born Hispanics, and this stress helps to explain why these groups often have poorer health than whites.

People with low incomes and racial/ethnic minority populations experience greater levels of stress than their more affluent, white counterparts, which can lead to significant disparities in both mental and physical health that ultimately affect life expectancy, according to a report from the American Psychological Association.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK24685/

• Thanks 1

Just now, Drummer61 said:

So how do Blacks fix this ???  How do you plan on showing how to speak correctly,eat better,study harder,not rely on Govt, stop having so many babies out of wedlock, increase their test scores and finally,  stop blaming other people, places and things for all their troubles ??? Te

Easy. Take accountability for your actions. Make good decisions. Consult others who make good decisions. Surround yourself with good people. Work hard. Listen. Budget your money. Be honest. Be likable.

Recipe for success right?

3 minutes ago, FolsomPrisonBlues said:

People are slaves in 2018? People are stressed out because of their ancestors 200 years ago?

Clearly my concept of reality and your dismissals of facts will not coincide.  If I have stress and Hypertension due to a diet and my conditions all of those are hereditary traits.  If you come back 200 years from today there is a great likelihood my descendants will suffer from this.  Take Sickle Cell Anemia this is a trait that over 60% African Americans carry resulting from Mosquito bites and the body fighting Malaria without drugs.   It is hereditary and everyone black knows someone with the TRAIT.

Can you be just as dismissive of Sickle Cell Anemia?