USA Today way too early rankings

Bodysurf

25 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

Silly to have national rankings ahead of state.  I think these national rankings generally miss the mark.

They're just generating hits for their site. It's slow season for football. 

I don't really think he has Georgia right, but, at this stage, honestly nobody knows. 

I think having Marietta and Grayson isn't terrible. I wouldn't have Archer ahead of Colquitt though. It's a way too early poll. For fun. 

1 hour ago, FolsomPrisonBlues said:

Just based on his ranking of MD and Boscoe, he should be fired. 

Why? The top 5 are probably the most accurate part of this poll. I’m pretty certain that IMG, MD and Bosco will be top 5 or higher in every preseason poll there is. There is a general consensus on these teams. But it really doesn’t matter since these teams will settle the debate on the field.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Columbiafan said:

What data tells someone that Bishop Gorman isn't even top 100 in the nation but orange Lutheran is top 10 in the nation???

I want to see this "data"

This is the point that’s flying over your and others heads....There is no data ...so why are you and others bitching about a data based algorithm when it doesn’t have data ? What did you think it was going to look like ? 

1 hour ago, Columbiafan said:

What data tells someone that Bishop Gorman isn't even top 100 in the nation but orange Lutheran is top 10 in the nation???

I want to see this "data"

The same data that is still not complete.  I understand you're kinds new to this, but CalPreps works off teams filling out the questionnaire that asks about returning players and the teams schedule and shit like that.  Most of that info is not sent back in until later in the year if ever.  Some little panzy schools never even bother to return it since they are nobodys and know they wont be ranked very high.  So Ned waits until later in the year and does his own research on who they have coming back and it all gets plugged in to a fabu algorithm and vuala  we get the ratings system that is always towards the top of the leaderboard on our pickems every year.  Hope this helps.

1 hour ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

And that still doesnt mean anything... get over yourself... 

The best football in general is played on the east coast.

Said no self respecting knowledgeable hsfb fan or expert EVA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

32 minutes ago, Ararar said:

This is the point that’s flying over your and others heads....There is no data ...so why are you and others bitching about a data based algorithm when it doesn’t have data ? What did you think it was going to look like ? 

I've tried.  its pointless. 

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Ararar said:

If there is no data why are they wasting time putting out weak Rankings

I would respect them more if they wouldn't rank until they actually know what they are talking about 

2 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

If there is no data why are they wasting time putting out weak Rankings

I would respect them more if they wouldn't rank until they actually know what they are talking about 

So people like you will keep them in their mouths.All you’re doing is making Calpreps a bigger deal by constantly mentioning them

1. IMG Academy USA

2. St. John Bosco CA

3. Grayson GA

4. Mater Dei CA

5. St. Johns DC

6. Chandler AZ

7. St. Frances Academy MD

8. Allen TX

9. Bergen Catholic NJ

10. Hoover AL

11. St. Thomas Aquinas FL

12. Bishop Gorman NV

13. St. Joseph's Prep PA

14. South Pointe SC

15. Lake Travis TX

16. Archer GA

17. Imhotep Charter PA

18. University Lab LA

19. Marietta GA

20. Owasso OK

21. Brentwood Academy TN

22. Pickerington Central OH

23. Good Counsel MD

24. Martinsburg WV

25. Warren Central IN

Marietta has a lot of potential.. They have 1 of the most talented junior classes in American. My concern is they are very new to this level of play. When Harrison Bailey was in at QB, they were really good... They only lost the 1 to NG in the playoffs.....he missed a few regular season games and they lost a few tough games to some tough oppoments. If he can stay healthy, they can definitely be a Top 20 team... Top 10 even... 

Marietta plays #5 St. Johns & #23 Good Counsel OOS... So well find out who belongs where...

But 2019 is REALLY going to be Mariettas year. They should start Top 5 in 2019... All their talent will be seniors and have a lot of experience together...

Grayson has a completely new coaching staff and no proven QB... #3 is too high IMO. Maybe 15ish.

North Gwinnett should be in the 20-25 range also. 

2018 will be one of GAs best years ever if they play out like they are predicted to.

1 hour ago, FolsomPrisonBlues said:

His info says he has been an east coast sports writer his entire career. Do the math. He has Hoover in the top 25 lol

And CalPreps is made by a guy from California... Do the math.

Theres a reason Orange Lutheran and Oaks Christian are in his Preseason Top 10... Thats as homer as it gets.

• Like 1