USA Today way too early rankings

Bodysurf

19 hours ago, LiberalDonaldTrump said:

So Bergen goes #3 when they travel down yander and wins by double digits against Bayson

It is "down yonder".  Do you really think BC beats Grayson by double digits?  Serious question.

I'm not saying we really are number 3 by the way.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, FolsomPrisonBlues said:

Why are half the people on here part of the make believe GA HSFB militia? 

Cause we have more people interested enough to comment?  Why does the second or third most populous state have so few participating?

14 hours ago, ECHS05 said:

Grayson has a completely new coaching staff and no proven QB... #3 is too high IMO. Maybe 15ish.

Not totally new.  I agree that #3 is too high.  Top 25, probably but I can't say where.  Lots of freaky good talent this year.  Probably the most that I've seen since the school opened.  Better than 16 in my opine.

14 hours ago, ECHS05 said:

The biggest problem IMO...

Graysons 2nd year HC Christian Hunnicutt was the reason Graysons assistant coachs left en masse after this season. That tells me there is a problem. 

I didnt understand that hire... From Mickey Conn, to Jeff Herron, to... Christian Hunnicutt? A guy that coached a single season as a HC for a terrible team.

Maybe Ill turn out to be wrong... But I feel like Grayson is going to go the way of Camden Co. under Welton Coffey after Jeff Herron left. Grayson just has more talent so they can cover it up better than Camden... Its a shame... Grayson will be very talented from now til the foreseeable future... Hopefully if Hunnicutt isnt getting the job done, they have the cajones to get rid of him.-

I know most of the Grayson posters here feel the same way... It gives you a sinking feeling when all your assistant coaches quit after 1 season because of the new HC.

I noticed they still dont even have an offensive coordinator & Michael Pollack left months ago...

I could tell you why some of them left but then I'd have to kill you.  😉  I actually think the coaching staff will be better this year because of the people that left.  There were some serious sour grapes among some of them because they didn't get the job. I don't think that is on Christian per se but would have been true for any head coach that was new.  I know a couple of the seasoned coaches that were interviewed for the position didn't think their mess stank and had assumptions they were the automatic choice for the job.  Their interviews didn't go so well.  There were some pretty strong national level candidates.  I'm pretty sure Hunnicutt knows he has to produce, and soon, or he will be invited to carry on his career somewhere else.  I can say I see us in the quarter/semi/finals very consistently or changed will be made.  I think we have the talent to get to the finals this year but the games will have to be played.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RedZone said:

is #19 in the nation a default position?

Not sure I can buy that logic.

Overall not bad.

How does UHigh get too fancy on offense? They have a RB who is close to committing to Alabama. They run it 80% of the time.

It's faulty logic, I know. I just feel they will be the best team in Ohio. But that is so unpredictable to me that I am not sure.

When I saw Uhigh they didn't get crazy fancy or anything like that, but thought they could be more downhill. You've obviously seen them more than I have, so my evaluation could be way off. I still think they're the best team in the Louisiana, Mississippi, or Arkansas area.

9 minutes ago, Fred said:

Can't say I agree with this.  We may earn it before the season is out... or we may not.  Lots of games to be played.

You know...I know...and most of the civilized world (South Georgia) knows...that Grayson is No.1...followed by Marietta at No.4...followed by North Gwinnett at No.5...in every single 2018 preseason poll........................that matters.  There is such a large gap between No.1 and No.4...that nobody is capable of filling those two spots at present.

Colquitt and Archer are currently tied at No.14 in the State (All Classifications).

Gospel....

Rufus>>

3 minutes ago, Rufus69 said:

You know...I know...and most of the civilized world (South Georgia) knows...that Grayson is No.1...followed by Marietta at No.4...followed by North Gwinnett at No.5...in every single 2018 preseason poll........................that matters.  There is such a large gap between No.1 and No.4...that nobody is capable of filling those two spots at present.

Colquitt and Archer are currently tied at No.14 in the State (All Classifications).

Gospel....

Rufus>>

Lmao colquitt is 14th in state but 13th Nationally

Am I missing something

that math isn’t right .. might as well put the whole 7a in top 20 nationally 

16 hours ago, Sammyswordsman said:

Florida and Texas only have (2) teams each listed.  New Jersey and Ohio (1) each.  Hence my observation that they are trending down as compared to past years.

Maryland with (2) Top 10.  Hence trending up.

Pretty self evident.

You actually believe this garbage

• Like 1