Top 25 poll

Columbiafan

17 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Colquitt's ceiling this year should be pretty high. They are returning give or take 90% of a team that really came on at the end of the season last year. 

I'm not sure I'd have them top 15, but top 30 isn't a bad starting spot for them with the ceiling they have. Why argue about a few spots here or there? 

They will be playing the same top 25 opponent as something tiny from Oradell will be playing, so daisy chain should be pretty interesting. 

Win/loss last season shouldn't have that much of a bearing on how they start this season either.

I'm glad you brought this up. Was looking on twitter the other day and saw how many colquitt players were receiving offers from every direction.....especially Rashard. I'm willing to go out on a limb and say that colquitt wins state this season IF the new quarterback can produce. They're set everywhere else tho. 

27 minutes ago, ChimpGrip said:

This will be the fastest team LT has ever fielded. There are some things that need to come together in order for them to make a run (and possibly run through the state to 16-0)

1. The defensive line is replacing three starters. They need to come together and be a strength in order to help beat teams like Allen and Katy. 

2. The defense needs to be far and away better. The defense sucked last year. And only got a hair better each game, and at times it seems they regressed. Bad, bad defense. And they didn’t start playing well until the playoffs. And even after slight improvements, the run defense still broke like a feeble flood gate at critical times. They will not win state with a defense anything like last year. 

3. I am curious to see how good the new receivers are who compliment Wilson, as well as the new running backs. As they need great improvements to defensive play, they also NEED a good and reliable run game. The two things teams need to win games they fell short at last year: defense and running the ball. 

4. I want to see little to no players going both ways. Need more bodies on the sidelines dressed out. Wilson is the exception here. Traditionally, LT rarely plays anyone both ways (until last year). 

They will win state, I think what they have in the wings on D will cover last yrs D still a young team with a year under there belt......the WR's are always good plus a new OC and I don't mine if Wilson plays both ways he is that good.... it is the other teams D that needs to worry

3 minutes ago, State Champ said:

They will win state, I think what they have in the wings on D will cover last yrs D still a young team with a year under there belt......the WR's are always good plus a new OC and I don't mine if Wilson plays both ways he is that good.... it is the other teams D that needs to worry

Will the 2018 team be better or worse than 2016 and 2008?

18 minutes ago, FootballGuy said:

I'm glad you brought this up. Was looking on twitter the other day and saw how many colquitt players were receiving offers from every direction.....especially Rashard. I'm willing to go out on a limb and say that colquitt wins state this season IF the new quarterback can produce. They're set everywhere else tho. 

The qb is pretty good. Honest.

I'll be getting a look pretty soon to see how he looks at this early stage, but, in his couple of chances in games last season, he showed a lot of poise and good mechanics. Command of the offensive scheme is the one real worry with him early. 

I know that our O-line will be two deep beast mode this season for the first time in about 3 years. We have a couple of 1s that won't be playing any spring ball, but, we already know what they are. Not worried in that department. 

Colquitt will be as good along both lines this year as they were in 2014. Add 2 SEC Power 5 type rbs to the mix... yeah. Solid receiver corps. A couple of D1 type cover corners too. High hopes for this season pretty much from everyone in town. 

Also Mo Dixon will have had a year now to install his hybrid stack defensive scheme. 

As always there is a surprise beast or two showing up in the right spots at the perfect times as well. This year I'm thinking those surprises may be in receivers and line backers. We'll see. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, LiberalDonaldTrump said:

Irrelevant.. everyone and thier Mothers are breaking in NEw QBs 

Then how do you expect anyone to take you seriously when you attempt to use that as a reason to fuss about Colquitt's ranking? 

C'mon bro! I know it's early in the spring for ya and all, but Adam and others are in midseason form. Here you are shakey like a newborn deer trying to stand for the first time. xD

11 minutes ago, ChimpGrip said:

Will the 2018 team be better or worse than 2016 and 2008?

We will have to wait and see..I don't compare teams like that due to the other teams changing personal but both were pretty good..LT has played people both ways before Legasse / Erickson and #6 last yr at RB/TE/DE all about the matchups....I like are chances

18 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

The qb is pretty good. Honest.

I'll be getting a look pretty soon to see how he looks at this early stage, but, in his couple of chances in games last season, he showed a lot of poise and good mechanics. Command of the offensive scheme is the one real worry with him early. 

I know that our O-line will be two deep beast mode this season for the first time in about 3 years. We have a couple of 1s that won't be playing any spring ball, but, we already know what they are. Not worried in that department. 

Colquitt will be as good along both lines this year as they were in 2014. Add 2 SEC Power 5 type rbs to the mix... yeah. Solid receiver corps. A couple of D1 type cover corners too. High hopes for this season pretty much from everyone in town. 

Also Mo Dixon will have had a year now to install his hybrid stack defensive scheme. 

As always there is a surprise beast or two showing up in the right spots at the perfect times as well. This year I'm thinking those surprises may be in receivers and line backers. We'll see. 

Good to hear. I'm pretty sure colquitt wants their revenge against NG, who happens to bring back damn near all of their skill guys. 

Oher than that, I kinda hate that colquitt wasn't as aggressive in the non region game scheduling. Woulda loved to see them to play a TX team and another cali team. If I had to guess why they didn't schedule aggressively, I'd say that rush was probably uncertain about the quarterback situation. Here's to hoping that alcovy backs out of that game lololol. 

Just now, FootballGuy said:

Good to hear. I'm pretty sure colquitt wants their revenge against NG, who happens to bring back damn near all of their skill guys. 

Oher than that, I kinda hate that colquitt wasn't as aggressive in the non region game scheduling. Woulda loved to see them to play a TX team and another cali team. If I had to guess why they didn't schedule aggressively, I'd say that rush was probably uncertain about the quarterback situation. Here's to hoping that alcovy backs out of that game lololol. 

I think short Alcovy for homecoming, our preregion isn't all that weak. 

Some talent laden Missouri team that's really getting around this year, Grayson, McEachern, Valdosta, Thomasville  and Warner Robins or as Rab would call them Weiner Bobbins. 

They have the potential to be pretty good too. 

The OOS thing is not what we have gotten accustomed to, but, damn, we can't make that happen every year even when we try. 

1 hour ago, FootballGuy said:

All that is Fake News.

Colquitt ain't nothing but a bunch of poor, tiny, little undersized and inexperienced Hawgs.

Rufus>>

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

Dude.

Change up the leafy stuff.

I'm serious, I would put Colquitt up against anybody nationwide, ANYBODY.... Bro....

giphy.gif

You need to get your narrow ass down here and take a look.

Open invite.

Regards,

C.A.

If you could loan Uncle Rush one of your gonads, that would be awesome. :P

• Haha 2

58 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Some talent laden Missouri team that's really getting around this year, Grayson, McEachern, Valdosta, Thomasville  and Warner Robins or as Rab would call them Weiner Bobbins. 

The OOS thing is not what we have gotten accustomed to, but, damn, we can't make that happen every year even when we try. 

I understand. The only thing that confused me was the alcovy game.....but the rest of the non region games are pretty good. 

1 hour ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Hey Hawg are you interested in donating to st joes so we can continue to play OOS games 

K 🙏 thanks

C21A45BB-E049-48E2-A459-6FE5BDB58079.png

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, LiberalDonaldTrump said:

Hey Hawg are you interested in donating to st joes so we can continue to play OOS games 

K 🙏 thanks

I'm more interested in buying you a battery for your phone. That one is dead. xD

Besides, my money is already tied up in some other football team. Sorry. 

• Haha 5

4 hours ago, LiberalDonaldTrump said:

K 🙏 thanks

That gives me a great idea 

We can start a go fund me so lowndes will travel oos 😂 

I'll start by donating 50 cents to the total

• Haha 1