2004-2018 classes (15 yrs) most fbs recruits by school

golfaddict1

24 minutes ago, On2whls said:

C’mon man. I know you don’t like the way MD and SJB etc get their results. I don’t like it any better than you. Unlike for you though, my team has to go through both of them to win the SS D1 finals and have a shot at the state championship.  I guess I could cry and whine about it and call them names but that isn’t gonna help. The games are won by outhitting, outplaying, outcoaching the competition.  Right now, they are doing a better job of that than anyone in CA and in the case of 2017 MD, maybe better than anyone in the country.  Whether or not you like it, real fans acknowledge it. 

Teach me how to get in touch with my feelers. The ladies I encounter would be so very appreciative. #sosensitive

On 5/19/2018 at 5:56 PM, Las Vegas_JC said:

Gorman places 4th in Texas. 

And third in both FL and CA. 

Pretty awesome for a school that never had a home stadium until 2008.

If you build it they will come. 

Gorman has had a hell of a run!

Poly, MD still don’t (probably never will) have a “Home Stadium” and Bosco will be opening theirs untl next season.

2 hours ago, Eddyr2 said:

Gorman has had a hell of a run!

Poly, MD still don’t (probably never will) have a “Home Stadium” and Bosco will be opening theirs untl next season.

Question.

Why not remodel the current football practice field? Moving the track field to a new location? 

And why are there a bunch of parrots in the eucalyptus trees over at Eddie West? 

DB549D87-B4D6-4CE5-9B62-9F0AB6B484B2.jpeg

1 hour ago, SOCIntellectualProperty said:

This list couldn’t possibly be accurate... 

South Oak Cliff didn’t make the Texas list and they probably have over 30 FBS recruits within the past 5 years... definitely a Texas top five 

Tony Moore and James Helmich, teammates JUCO basketball. Went on to Central Fla on scholarship. 

Mad respect for the culture there. My position coach also coached at SOC. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SOCIntellectualProperty said:

This list couldn’t possibly be accurate... 

South Oak Cliff didn’t make the Texas list and they probably have over 30 FBS recruits within the past 5 years... definitely a Texas top five 

https://247sports.com/Season/2004-Football/Recruits?Player.Enabled=False&Recruitment.Enabled=True&PlayerSport.PlayerInstitution.Institution.Key=20874&RecruitInterestEvents.Type=4,5,6,7

Perhaps some players weren't listed, but I did a tally of the 15 years and came up with 30 fbs recruits total... 1 short of the TX list last spot showing of 31 above.   All you need to do is change the year in the URL link above to check them all if you wish.   What I came up with was:  04 (3). 05 (2),  06 (5), 07 (1), 08 (2), 09 (1), 10 (1), 11 (0), 12 (2), 13  (2), 14 (3), 15 (6), 16 (1), 17 (0), 18  (1)

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, golfaddict1 said:

https://247sports.com/Season/2004-Football/Recruits?Player.Enabled=False&Recruitment.Enabled=True&PlayerSport.PlayerInstitution.Institution.Key=20874&RecruitInterestEvents.Type=4,5,6,7

Perhaps some players weren't listed, but I did a tally of the 15 years and came up with 30 fbs recruits total... 1 short of the TX list last spot showing of 31 above.   All you need to do is change the year in the URL link above to check them all if you wish.   What I came up with was:  04 (3). 05 (2),  06 (5), 07 (1), 08 (2), 09 (1), 10 (1), 11 (0), 12 (2), 13  (2), 14 (3), 15 (6), 16 (1), 17 (0), 18  (1)

My mistake may be counting all those offered... even the ones that didn’t attend or sign with an FBS

10 minutes ago, SOCIntellectualProperty said:

My mistake may be counting all those offered... even the ones that didn’t attend or sign with an FBS

247sports missed some late FBS signees from what I recall in years past, but maybe these omissions were updated at some point.  Also, they don't include walk-ons or jucos who may later have earned a scholie to a fbs school...  

Here's an NFL list from the HS https://www.pro-football-reference.com/schools/high_schools.cgi?id=93b844d5

2 hours ago, Las Vegas_JC said:

Question.

Why not remodel the current football practice field? Moving the track field to a new location? 

And why are there a bunch of parrots in the eucalyptus trees over at Eddie West? 

DB549D87-B4D6-4CE5-9B62-9F0AB6B484B2.jpeg

Eddy West aka the Santa Ana Bowl has be MD’s home field for a long time so there is a lot of tradition there. Also, the city of Santa Ana really like getting there logo on TV and since MD has a working relationship with the city to help expand the campus, MD has to keep the them happy. I don’t see MD adding a on campus stadium any time soon.

as far as the “wild parrot”, rummor is that there was pet store on fire and the owner let all the birds out before they all burned up. No natural predators so their population kept growing. There are thousands all over Orange County now. a pack shows up in my back yard a lot since we have a pool...they are crazy load...

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ocregister.com/2016/09/22/exotic-birds-find-refuge-in-southern-california/amp/

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, Eddyr2 said:

There are thousands all over Orange County now. a pack shows up in my back yard a lot since we have a pool...they are crazy load...

It’s not just OC anymore.  Pockets of parrots can be seen all over Riverside County as well.  I would imagine they are in LA and San Bernadino as well.

2 hours ago, golfaddict1 said:

247sports missed some late FBS signees from what I recall in years past, but maybe these omissions were updated at some point.  Also, they don't include walk-ons or jucos who may later have earned a scholie to a fbs school...  

Here's an NFL list from the HS https://www.pro-football-reference.com/schools/high_schools.cgi?id=93b844d5

Wow.... that’s more than anyone in Texas

Dd771FiVMAASRXR.jpg

Blue chips defined as a rating of 87.5 (88 and high 3 star) and above.   The classes from 2006 thru 2014 (9 years) had 18 blue chip recruits...  13 on the list play, played or are signed by an NFL team currently, while another is playing in the CFL.    

14-18 blue chips got paid...  Wenger had concussion issues and UF docs OK'd him to play final year. Payne had off the field issues, ended up juco to Akron.  Jelani Hamilton had leg injuries and never got to the elite level he showed in HS thru junior season (injured for start of senior season and called it a season early).  Didn't play much at Miami.  Corey Holmes didn't pan out at ND and had 1 reception for Purdue last year.   

Looking ahead to '15 and '16, Scarlett (if he stays cool and not get into any more trouble) will likely get a UDFA signing at the worst.   Peete had acl surgery last year and was out all year... not sure his status but doesn't look pro football path at this time.  Bruce I didn't see any stats for his juco school last year  (interestingly the QB from AHP Torrence Gibson who was at the same juco as Bruce signed as a WR with CFL Edmonton Eskimos).  Bruce has had off the field issues and I hope he turns things around.   Nick Bosa might the first pick in next year's draft.   

5 hours ago, golfaddict1 said:

Dd771FiVMAASRXR.jpg

Blue chips defined as a rating of 87.5 (88 and high 3 star) and above.   The classes from 2006 thru 2014 (9 years) had 18 blue chip recruits...  13 on the list play, played or are signed by an NFL team currently, while another is playing in the CFL.    

14-18 blue chips got paid...  Wenger had concussion issues and UF docs OK'd him to play final year. Payne had off the field issues, ended up juco to Akron.  Jelani Hamilton had leg injuries and never got to the elite level he showed in HS thru junior season (injured for start of senior season and called it a season early).  Didn't play much at Miami.  Corey Holmes didn't pan out at ND and had 1 reception for Purdue last year.   

Looking ahead to '15 and '16, Scarlett (if he stays cool and not get into any more trouble) will likely get a UDFA signing at the worst.   Peete had acl surgery last year and was out all year... not sure his status but doesn't look pro football path at this time.  Bruce I didn't see any stats for his juco school last year  (interestingly the QB from AHP Torrence Gibson who was at the same juco as Bruce signed as a WR with CFL Edmonton Eskimos).  Bruce has had off the field issues and I hope he turns things around.   Nick Bosa might the first pick in next year's draft.   

It's funny how many of the STA NFL guys weren't "blue chips".    No offense to Daniel Carter, but he doesn't hold a candle to James White.   Then again the STA Oline was a serious force back then.

46 minutes ago, 954gator said:

It's funny how many of the STA NFL guys weren't "blue chips".    No offense to Daniel Carter, but he doesn't hold a candle to James White.   Then again the STA Oline was a serious force back then.

Idiots like 181pl and nolebull have claimed in the past that STA had 60 4-star transfers in a decade when in fact they didn't even have half that many TOTAL.