Colquitt County scrimmage this morning

94Packer

14 hours ago, Columbiafan said:

Now idk how DBP can defend being shutout especially after regularly having FL team's number 

My point is though that colquitt while being a eventual 5 loss team did have a huge advantage at home and i don't feel the game would have been that close had it happened in south Florida 

Maybe 20 is a stretch but it would have been double digit win for AHP in SFL 

I watched Grayson go to Colquitt that same season and put a 49-21 beatdown on Colquitt..... It was 49-14 at one point...

From Grayson to Colquitt is a good 4-5 hour bus ride at minimum.

Would Grayson have beaten Colquitt 63-14 at home?

7 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

It's a culture thing. 

I personally thought those two were trying to denigrate us for supporting our team year round, to the extent of turning out for practices and scrimmages. Fund raising almost year round etc. 

This is why I didn't care to explain as you did. It seems like we've been through all of this before on here with various people, and none of them ever really "just want to know". There's always an angle to it. 

I figure it may well be time to start shitting on every one of their threads now. They like to shit where we eat, so maybe we should shit where they eat.  

You mean “be like Block”?

😬😬😬

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, HooverOutlaw said:

Another example of you being a 2 faced idiot. Blast propst for not playing IMG but never giving credit for those who do. That boys school you went how many times have they played a top 5 national team.

A few times thanks for asking,,,,,, we all scheduled IMG by the way 

I believe every BNU school has played IMG 

1 hour ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

Getting suspended as if still in the league. 

Winning character. 

Are we talking about Auggies suspension or Propst suspension when he changed his players grades, head butted a minor or when he stuck his shit in another woman while being married all while preaching Gospel

Asking for an Asshole I fucks wit 

1 hour ago, LiberalDonaldTrump said:

Are we talking about Auggies suspension or Propst suspension when he changed his players grades, head butted a minor or when he stuck his shit in another woman while being married all while preaching Gospel

Asking for an Asshole I fucks wit 

We talking current history as in 24 months history. 

Forgive me for lack of clarity in earlier post. 

Replying for a Acting Union Asshole who has open invite to Ga. 

Regards

Certified Asshole 

5 minutes ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

We talking current history as in 24 months history. 

Forgive me for lack of clarity in earlier post. 

Replying for a Acting Union Asshole who has open invite to Ga. 

Regards

Certified Asshole 

As acting Union asshole You gotta clear this up for me because if my math is correct both coaches fall under the category of last 24 months 

748199F8-0190-4A17-B299-7F2C909BDA4E.png

25 minutes ago, LiberalDonaldTrump said:

As acting Union asshole You gotta clear this up for me because if my math is correct both coaches fall under the category of last 24 months 

748199F8-0190-4A17-B299-7F2C909BDA4E.png

Dear Acting Union Asshole,

Those dates are inaccurate. Date of incident not media release.

The head butt incident may fall within 24 months, but union shop steward has been notified of potential bovine fecal matter present on field precipitating loss of footing by Coach Propst during alleged incident.

Regards,

C.A.

2 minutes ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

Dear Acting Union Asshole,

Those dates are inaccurate.

Regards,

C.A.

Rush has never been suspended for a year while at Colquitt.  He was suspended for a game back in 2008...simply for discussing ancestry.com with a "striper" in a non-region matchup.

Rufus>>

Just in case anyone was actually wondering about the scrimmage, what the coaches takes are and the number of colleges that have been interested in our pretty decent number of prospects. 

This write-up isn't about no ratty ass NorCal pretender or some tiny New Jersey private that doesn't even play in the top class, so fans of those need not stop by. 

Colquitt County wraps up first week of spring football

• By Matthew Brown
  •  
    • 20 hrs ago
    •  

MOULTRIE – Scores were kept in a rather unconventional way. Unlike real games, head coach Rush Propst had a say on where drives would begin, sometimes what kind of gains were made on each play, and the downs and distances.

Colquitt County High got its first week of spring football practice over early Saturday morning with intra-squad action in front of fans on Tom White Field at Mack Tharpe Stadium. They saw passes intercepted, touchdowns scored and All-State kicker Ryan Fitzgerald nail a 50-yard field goal.

It was an unprecedented type of spring week for Propst in that he had the Packers in the new indoor practice facility four mornings in a row, then on the fifth day after all that was the officiated scrimmage. Next week will only have two days in the new building and one more intra-squad at the home stadium, that being Friday with a tentative start of 7 p.m.

“It’s one of the better opening spring week’s I’ve had,” said Propst as things were winding down Saturday. “It’s the first time since I’ve been here that we had five consecutive days of practice. Since I’ve been (in the highest class) in (Georgia and Alabama) I’ve never gone back-to-back days. We went early mornings Tuesday through Friday and this morning. I’ve never done that.”

Why so early? As Propst stated before spring started, he needed to test the Packers’ mental toughness. Will they set the alarm to get up and be on the campus at 5:05 a.m. to hit the field at 5:45?

“Not everybody can do that. That’s tough,” said Propst. “By 6 o’clock, you’re in a physical battle of intensity, what we call Packer Drill. It’s a mindset.

“Overall, I thought our kids handled it very well. It was slow the first day. The second day was outstanding. Thursday was outstanding. Friday was different because we were in shells getting ready to scrimmage.”

So they are done before school starts, and that frees up Propst to meet with the wave of college recruiters wanting to talk about the Colquitt prospects.

“We’ve had 75 college football teams visit our campus. Never in the history that I’ve been in coaching have I seen as many,” he said. “We have eight to 10 Division I prospects, another six to 10 FCS or Division II players, and we have a stacked junior class with the same numbers. I think we have 10 – maybe 11 – who have offers. That’s a first for me also.

“They get to see us and are out of here going to another place. More people come because we go that early. They can stay at our hotels, be at our facility and get a recruit sheet, evaluate and be out of there by 7:30, 7:45. It’s kept the airport busy and our hotels busy.”

Who stayed Thursday night, for example? Propst said it was personnel from Ole Miss, Mississippi State, Pittsburgh, Toledo and Cincinnati. He said as many as 10 schools were represented in Moultrie Wednesday.

As for the scrimmage action, Propst said he would study the video, but he noted five mental errors that were of the “cannot handle” variety.

“It’s what beat us last year, and we have to correct that,” said Propst. “We jump offsides twice. We had a holding call (on a receiver). A couple of miscues.

“The biggest disappointment offensively is we didn’t establish first down. Defense whipped our offense on first down. We were 2nd-and-long most of the day.”

Then there’s a new concept for the Packer defense, the ‘49-second drill.’ That’s named after the time remaining when Colquitt took a lead in last year’s state championship game. On Saturday, the defense was beaten over the top in this scenario.

“That’s a coaching error on our part,” said Propst. “Something you can’t allow to happen with 49 seconds. Somebody’s got to be backed up over the top. We are going to work that 49-second drill into the game and before halftime a ton. We work a lot of situational football anyway.”

Spring practice will actually conclude May 30-31 with “opponent prep” – something Propst does during summer camp in pads – which will be geared towards McEachern, Colquitt’s first foe of the 2018 season.

“We have to come back next week and establish being good on first down,” said Propst. “Be 2nd-and-6, 2nd-and-5, 2nd-and-4, even 2nd-and-7.

“Defensively, I thought we flew around good.”

The coach still says the starting quarterback job belongs to junior Jaycee Harden, that Harden didn’t do anything Saturday to change that status.

“He’s green,” said Propst. “He will get better. People are going to expect more out of him. I told him, ‘You’re doing great.’ He’s taking baby steps. Football’s not a game you just go out and play. I’m happy with his progress though the week.

“He didn’t have a great day (Saturday), but I’ve never had a quarterback have a great day on his first start. We have a long way to go.”

Two starters each on offense and defense were not in the scrimmage – some not in full practice yet: Offensive linemen Will Rykard and Kam Barnes and defensive linemen Brian Merritt and Nathan Bell. Bell was injured Thursday, but he and the others are expected to be ready by June 11.

http://www.moultrieobserver.com/sports/local_sports/colquitt-county-wraps-up-first-week-of-spring-football/article_7b03113c-5bb2-11e8-a34e-97ce920dbb93.html

Just one little spot I wanted to highlight for the haters.

“We’ve had 75 college football teams visit our campus. Never in the history that I’ve been in coaching have I seen as many,” he said. “We have eight to 10 Division I prospects, another six to 10 FCS or Division II players, and we have a stacked junior class with the same numbers. I think we have 10 – maybe 11 – who have offers. That’s a first for me also.

I'm hearing Marvion also looked pretty good.  Hey...who knows...we just might win a game or two.  We COULD be OK.  I mean...we're no Grayson...or...Marrietta...or...North Gwinnett...or...Lowndes...or...McEachern...or...................................but with our 2nd Intra-Squad coming up in a week....we'll get a better picture.

Rufus>>

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Rufus69 said:

I'm hearing Marvion also looked pretty good.  Hey...who knows...we just might win a game or two.  We COULD be OK.  I mean...we're no Grayson...or...Marrietta...or...North Gwinnett...or...Lowndes...or...McEachern...or...................................but with our 2nd Intra-Squad coming up in a week....we'll get a better picture.

Rufus>>

Or Buford...

You're slipping Rufus...

Get in the game, Sir.

Regards

C.A.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

Obviously Mama named you Rufus accidentally, the epidural did do it's work.... but she meant Ruthless.

Sincerely

C.A.

Hoss...if you think there were epidurals back when I was born....there's no hope for you.

Rufus>>

• 3 weeks later...