Trump gets a win at SCOTUS

HSFBfan

Just now, FolsomPrisonBlues said:

So you bag on millennials, yet live at home with mommy and daddy?

Interesting take.

I bag on millenials for their political views. I dont agree with their political views. I could move out. I make enough. But why put money towards housing when I'm not staying here 

Sounds good. They pay a small fraction more taxes than we do, but get back so much more in return.

Paid maternal leave for a year. Free health insurance, etc........

There is absolutely no reason to be out of work for a year after having a kid that is absolutely absurd. I dont want the government involved in our health insurance so I dont agree with what they do. All I said is thats the system they run

Just now, HSFBfan said:

There is absolutely no reason to be out of work for a year after having a kid that is absolutely absurd. I dont want the government involved in our health insurance so I dont agree with what they do. All I said is thats the system they run

That is a perk that you pay for. You are not given it for free.

You are supposed to get things in return for paying taxes. Services.

2 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

I bag on millenials for their political views. I dont agree with their political views. I could move out. I make enough. But why put money towards housing when I'm not staying here 

Living at home as an adult to avoid being an adult (paying for a place to live) is a political issue, many have taken up with millennials.

That is a perk that you pay for. You are not given it for free.

You are supposed to get things in return for paying taxes. Services.

But why pay all those taxes when the things you mentioned makes no sense to me. No person should be home for a year after having a kid on the government dime which is essentially your tax money. Get back to work. Not a hard concept. 

Just now, Drummer61 said:

When will you be moving there..How many times and to where in Canada have you been...Have you read their tax laws and for example,car taxes ??

Absolutely. I like it around Vancouver. I could even do Toronto.

If I wasn't so well off here, I would go.

I can afford to be here, so I stay. I love it. Well, I love CA lol

Just now, HSFBfan said:

But why pay all those taxes when the things you mentioned makes no sense to me. No person should be home for a year after having a kid on the government dime which is essentially your tax money. Get back to work. Not a hard concept. 

You pay all those taxes now and get NO healthcare, NO paid family leave, etc............................

Sounds like a rip off to me.

2 minutes ago, FolsomPrisonBlues said:

You pay all those taxes now and get NO healthcare, NO paid family leave, etc............................

Sounds like a rip off to me.

You get healthcare you pay for it you have to contribute....you shouldn't get paid family leave...go to work. See it's this big concept that I grew up with....go to work. 

8 minutes ago, FolsomPrisonBlues said:

Living at home as an adult to avoid being an adult (paying for a place to live) is a political issue, many have taken up with millennials.

Yes if I planned to stay in this miserable state I would get a place. But I am not going to establish roots here so there is no reason to get a place. If you plan on staying in your state yes get a place 

1 minute ago, FolsomPrisonBlues said:

You know that even Mexico gives more time off for moms than we do?

1st world countries, we are dead last.

Its insanity. Doesnt make any sense. You had a kid that doesnt mean the world ends and you cant work. Work cannot stop because you had a kid. Work must continue. I'll give you a week or 2. I'm sure as heck though not giving a year. Even 6 months is way too long 

Just now, HSFBfan said:

Its insanity. Doesnt make any sense. You had a kid that doesnt mean the world ends and you cant work. Work cannot stop because you had a kid. Work must continue. I'll give you a week or 2. I'm sure as heck though not giving a year. Even 6 months is way too long 

The standard in most places in the world is 6 months to a year.

We have been conditioned in this country to think 2 weeks off at a time is a huge deal.

Total lie.

1 minute ago, FolsomPrisonBlues said:

The standard in most places in the world is 6 months to a year.

We have been conditioned in this country to think 2 weeks off at a time is a huge deal.

Total lie.

Again all I can do is say that its insanity. Its just way to long to be out of work. I would go crazy if I was home for 2 straight weeks. Have your kid and get back to work is all I can say

Just now, HSFBfan said:

Again all I can do is say that its insanity. Its just way to long to be out of work. I would go crazy if I was home for 2 straight weeks. Have your kid and get back to work is all I can say

No bonding time? No wonder our kids are shooting up schools.

Breakdown of the family. And we wonder why.

"get back to work!" LOL!

No bonding time? No wonder our kids are shooting up schools.

Breakdown of the family. And we wonder why.

"get back to work!" LOL!

You bonded. That kid is not going to remember its first several years of life to begin with. School shootings have been going on forever. People make it seem like this is new and its not. 

1 minute ago, HSFBfan said:

You bonded. That kid is not going to remember its first several years of life to begin with. School shootings have been going on forever. People make it seem like this is new and its not. 

School shootings have not been going on forever at this record rate.

Everyone says it's not guns, it's the breakdown of families.

Yet, you are for no family leave, no paid vacations, no family time.

Makes a lot of sense.

12 minutes ago, FolsomPrisonBlues said:

School shootings have not been going on forever at this record rate.

Everyone says it's not guns, it's the breakdown of families.

Yes, you are for no family leave, no paid vacations, no family time.

Makes a lot of sense.

Yes they have been going on for a long long time. I am for family leave 2 weeks. You get 1 week vacation not months. Your family time is your days off. Not sure what is so hard to grasp. But it's been a fun debate. Thanks for helping the work day go by. You also see your family when you get home from work 

We can do this...get women out of the work force and back in the house than we dont have to worry about anything that you are saying