St Thomas Aquinas spring practice video

DB4

5 hours ago, Goldmember said:

Truth?

Not one thing you said was true.

Did you read my second post? I refuted every single word of your narrative.

You claimed that Centennial played "keep-away" despite having 73 yards of offense and being 1-for-11 on 3rd down.

You claimed that STA always has a bad offense. Incredibly ignorant. You claimed that they always run short routes and don't commit to deep routes. False. Spoken like someone who has never watched an STA game.

Just let me know when you're ready and I'll do a deeper dive to expose you even more as the fraud that you are.

I'm here for you.

I did read your second post and I stand by what I said with one small caveat-not only have you failed to refute a single point I made in favor of insults, you also offer excuses for STA's performance in Arizona.

Hell, I would argue that you come far closer to AGREEING with my assessment than refuting it (based on your less-than-complimentary words directed towards the STA offense).

Yes, you did offer a scathing critique of Centennial's offense, but that didn't offer much of a contrarian view as my statements specific to the Centennial offense were 1) limited; and 2) subject to interpretation  (whereas you may view my "played keep away" statement as some testament to Centennial's offensive abilities that's not necessarily how it was intended).

The question was asked how STA lost against Centennial and I answered as someone who was in attendance at that game, as someone who watched as many of the Raiders' televised 2016/2017 games as I could find, and provided an answer that IMO addressed not only the Centennial result but also provided insight as to why a team with STA's talent has found themselves on the wrong side of the scoreboard in many games of natural interest. Were there mitigating circumstances surrounding the Centennial loss? Perhaps, but considering that 1) the consensus opinion the week of the game was that STA was gearing up for a beat down regardless of circumstance; and 2) your less than complimentary view of Centennial's offense I think it's more than fair to view those circumstances as what they are-circumstances that most at STA didn't find relevant until the unthinkable happened.

All of that said, it does warm the cockles of my heart knowing that a couple paragraphs about STA-Centennial from me are almost guaranteed to illicit a temper tantrum from you.

2 hours ago, golfaddict1 said:

Did you watch the game?   They scored once late after a sad homer call deflated the D (and every viewer watching) from punt formation down 6 to 4th and 1.  The FL 8th grade transfer had one nice run prior to that, which set up a FG.  An STA turnover setup the 2nd FG.  Doesn’t take long to summarize this game.  STA’s O sucked and their D was good.  Centennial had a well coached team that didn’t make many mistakes and had a good FG kicker and a major homer ref call helped late.  Tyriq Philips almost made a sweet TD grab in the 4th to tie or take lead w pat, but not to be (like the DLS open overthrow vs Trinity... that executes DLS likely wins) but had Philips scored, my guess the refs would have helped Cen10’s game winning FG drive.  :)    

Deflated the D? STFU with that nonsense and acknowledge that all STA had to do was stick Thomas one more time  (like they had all night) to get an opportunity to have Casteel wildly overthrow his receivers once again.

Just because Centennial doesn't run the same cliche spread Saguaro does that gets you all chubbed-up doesn't negate the fact that they outplayed STA at every turn in September.

4 hours ago, Goldmember said:

STA's average time of possession in 2017 = 18:37

STA's time of possession vs. Centennial = 21:01

Way above average.

Add this to the rest of the facts.....

Centennial was 1-for-11 on 3rd down

Centennial had 8 first downs total, 3 directly from penalties (1 indirectly from penalties), so 4 first downs otherwise.

But Centennial played "keep-away"

Keep peddling your delusions, Wooderson.

None of which I referenced but thanks for playing.

Centennial was successful in keeping the ball away from STA's best play makers. Most of those guys weren't on the offensive side of the ball.

23 minutes ago, Wooderson said:

I did read your second post and I stand by what I said with one small caveat-not only have you failed to refute a single point I made in favor of insults, you also offer excuses for STA's performance in Arizona.

So you standby your completely incorrect and ignorant claims.

Par for the course for this forum.

Blind fanboys too stubborn to admit when they're wrong.

And stop with the self-pity. Saying that your post was stupid and ignorant is not an  insult.

40 minutes ago, Wooderson said:

Hell, I would argue that you come far closer to AGREEING with my assessment than refuting it (based on your less-than-complimentary words directed towards the STA offense).

You said that their offense is always bad.

That's just an incredibly ignorant and stupid thing to say.

I kept my comments specifically to the 2017 team and that week in particular. Things were going on that you have no idea about.

But that didn't stop you from making broad claims based on that one game.

Why?

Because you have desperately wanted to play this Centennial card for a long time and everybody here knows that.

29 minutes ago, Wooderson said:

Yes, you did offer a scathing critique of Centennial's offense, but that didn't offer much of a contrarian view as my statements specific to the Centennial offense were 1) limited; and 2) subject to interpretation  (whereas you may view my "played keep away" statement as some testament to Centennial's offensive abilities that's not necessarily how it was intended).

I offered a one line critique. The fact that it was scathing has everything to do with how sorry they were.

No, you said they played "keep-away" which assumes that they kept the ball (they didn't), moved the ball (they didn't) and got first downs (they didn't).

32 minutes ago, Wooderson said:

The question was asked how STA lost against Centennial and I answered as someone who was in attendance at that game, as someone who watched as many of the Raiders' televised 2016/2017 games as I could find, and provided an answer that IMO addressed not only the Centennial result but also provided insight as to why a team with STA's talent has found themselves on the wrong side of the scoreboard in many games of natural interest.

So you answered by spreading falsehoods and posting a stupid analysis?

You said that STA is always bad on offense because of one game you saw in person in 2017 and some televised games from 2016?

Where you really erred is when you tried to make a football analysis regarding their offensive scheme and route tree.

That really exposed you as a fraud.

What do you want me to do? Post video showing that you're wrong?

36 minutes ago, Wooderson said:

Were there mitigating circumstances surrounding the Centennial loss? Perhaps

Perhaps?

Just the ones that you know about would be enough for a rational person who wasn't a hopelessly biased fanboy.

But add to that the stuff you don't know and it's overwhelming.

Of course, you're already made up your mind because you had this take on standby waiting to post it.

2 hours ago, golfaddict1 said:

Did you watch the game?   They scored once late after a sad homer call deflated the D (and every viewer watching) from punt formation down 6 to 4th and 1.  The FL 8th grade transfer had one nice run prior to that, which set up a FG.  An STA turnover setup the 2nd FG.  Doesn’t take long to summarize this game.  STA’s O sucked and their D was good.  Centennial had a well coached team that didn’t make many mistakes and had a good FG kicker and a major homer ref call helped late.  Tyriq Philips almost made a sweet TD grab in the 4th to tie or take lead w pat, but not to be (like the DLS open overthrow vs Trinity... that executes DLS likely wins) but had Philips scored, my guess the refs would have helped Cen10’s game winning FG drive.  :)    

So STA can't win with talent alone, now they need the officials to give them calls to win as well? 

Smh when did STA become so full of whiny crybabies who need to be handed everything?

Forget about centennial game for a second, let's fast forward to December against Venice 

STA probably has more d1 players on the bench then anyone in 7A has starting, why the hell did a team who basically had 2 studs on offense (The QB and the WR) and a decent defense go out there and beat STA? 

Yeah I get that STA wasn't their usual self and had the worst team in 15 years but that doesn't explain why they still couldn't win 7a which many of you fools claimed was the worst classification in the state

We all knew that whoever won between Venice and STA was going to win state since Bartram Trail had no defense and Plant is notorious for wasting opportunities so how does STA not beat Venice knowing they had a cakewalk for the title if they just get past Venice?

41 minutes ago, Wooderson said:

but considering that 1) the consensus opinion the week of the game was that STA was gearing up for a beat down regardless of circumstance; and 2) your less than complimentary view of Centennial's offense I think it's more than fair to view those circumstances as what they are-circumstances that most at STA didn't find relevant until the unthinkable happened.

So what?

What the hell does the opinion of a bunch of ignorant people have to do with reality?

I know that it hurts your self-esteem to be told that Centennial is a nobody and no national game of that caliber will ever be determined by them but it's the truth.

In fact the only thread started on this site about that game predicted Centennial to win.

So now you're attributing outside opinions to "most at STA."

Your victimhood complex here is so embarrassing.

1 minute ago, Goldmember said:

So what?

What the hell does the opinion of a bunch of ignorant people have to do with reality?

I know that it hurts your self-esteem to be told that Centennial is a nobody and no national game of that caliber will ever be determined by them but it's the truth.

In fact the only thread started on this site about that game predicted Centennial to win.

So now you're attributing outside opinions to "most at STA."

Your victimhood complex here is so embarrassing.

Yeah that game made ECHS look like a genius for predicting a sta loss in the desert 

44 minutes ago, Wooderson said:

All of that said, it does warm the cockles of my heart knowing that a couple paragraphs about STA-Centennial from me are almost guaranteed to illicit a temper tantrum from you.

Centennial is irrelevant.

Your lies about "STA in general" elicited this response.

This also represents the most ink that you'll ever get because nobody cares about what you say. So soak it up.

46 minutes ago, Wooderson said:

Just because Centennial doesn't run the same cliche spread Saguaro does that gets you all chubbed-up doesn't negate the fact that they outplayed STA at every turn in September.

xD

STA had 2.5 times as many yards as Centennial before the flag with under 2:00 left in the game.

The team that "always has a bad offense" who had 3 weeks of inactivity, played a game on the previous Monday and had no full practices before the game had thoroughly dominated Centennial defensively and outgained them by 2.5 times.

But Centennial outplayed them "at every turn."

Good god you're a delusional fanboy.

Wooderson should just be glad that Centennial didn't play Mater Dei last year (as their coach mentioned) and instead got a gift by playing that STA team during that week.

Mater Dei would've beat the piss out of them and we wouldn't have had to endure this embarrassing fanboy shtick.

4 hours ago, Mjd33 said:

Pops, I agree completely. 

Negro opened Pandora’s box and Stache had to beat him at his own game to compete. 

Rollinson School Ties’d Negro. Not sure how many will get that brandan Frasier movie reference but it fits.....

Good movie. Recommend highly to those who haven’t seen it. 

Brendan Fraser 

have you seen him in The Affair?

4 hours ago, Goldmember said:

Centennial is irrelevant.

Your lies about "STA in general" elicited this response.

This also represents the most ink that you'll ever get because nobody cares about what you say. So soak it up.

Do you typically waste an entire day carrying on like a lunatic about things that are "irrelevant"?

30 minutes ago, Wooderson said:

Do you typically waste an entire day carrying on like a lunatic about things that are "irrelevant"?

An entire day?

You require no effort to smash into pieces.

You say stupid things, whine about being called out on it and then respond with milquetoast crap like this.

No effort.