St Thomas Aquinas spring practice video

DB4

11 hours ago, Goldmember said:

An entire day?

You require no effort to smash into pieces.

You say stupid things, whine about being called out on it and then respond with milquetoast crap like this.

No effort.

If by "smash into pieces" you mean "make one self look like a lonely stat nerd with severe mental illness" then...mission accomplished?

Whoever told you this was something you were good at lied to you.

20 hours ago, Wooderson said:

Deflated the D? STFU with that nonsense and acknowledge that all STA had to do was stick Thomas one more time  (like they had all night) to get an opportunity to have Casteel wildly overthrow his receivers once again.

Just because Centennial doesn't run the same cliche spread Saguaro does that gets you all chubbed-up doesn't negate the fact that they outplayed STA at every turn in September.

The legend in his own mind is activated again... @Goldmember, this is a guy who takes wins in posts about how a team shouldn't have had an article written about them (large number of transfers, which was the only point of why I included them in my post mention... but Woody takes offense to anything AZ related unless Centennial looks good).   He has some similarities to you, but when it comes to knowledge, he's ripping farts in a blizzard.   He's good with historical wins vs teams rated over 1200 in Calpreps who lose QB's prior to the half though.   He'll tell you Saguaro is no different in 2017 vs 2016 when Calpreps suggests their rating dropped by 21.4 points with numerous examples of weakness.   He'll claim everyone thought STA would beat Centennial that week when HC Harriott was quoted as the O being a "work in progress" game week.   Nothing happened in that game that surprised anyone other than than STA getting shutout completely, which hadn't happened in some time but it's not like the SJB game showed dominance.   The following week DFB held STA to 7 offensive pts,  Casteel's lone TD in regulation vs. SJB,Centennial&DFB combined...  Wooderson finally makes sense in acknowledging STA's weakness at QB, way to go!  Another win for you!  

Christian Kirk was a tool in Feb. for what he did drunk... Saguaro still rocks!  :)  

12 minutes ago, golfaddict1 said:

You're lost here and not surprised...  try reading my post again.  

Well you spent a good portion of the post complaining about officials calls so i asked if sta needs calls to go in favor of them in order to win

Also are you not going to respond to the rest of my post? 

13 minutes ago, golfaddict1 said:

You're lost here and not surprised...  try reading my post again.  

I'll ask again

How does STA who has more d1 players on the bench then anyone in 7a has starting not win 7a 

Because even in the "worst team in 15 years" they still have far and away more talent then anyone else in 7a

So is it coaching or was there something else holding sta back last year? 

6 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

I'll ask again

How does STA who has more d1 players on the bench then anyone in 7a has starting not win 7a 

Because even in the "worst team in 15 years" they still have far and away more talent then anyone else in 7a

Why are you asking me?  You are the FL guru here.  

39 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

Well you spent a good portion of the post complaining about officials calls so i asked if sta needs calls to go in favor of them in order to win

Also are you not going to respond to the rest of my post? 

Here's how I see it.   Yeah cen10s D was pretty decent, but they weren't hitting STAs front as hard or getting to the QB at all like SJB was.   STA had offensive opportunities and was able to gain yards.   They seemed to get a penalty or drop a pass when big plays were possible. 

Cen10 was a pretty good team, but they were not on the level of SJB (before QB change) on O or D.   Chandler, Imo, was a much more complete team.   I think if STA played like they did vs Cen10 vs Chandler they'd have gotten worked.   

Anyways that's how I see it.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, 954gator said:

Here's how I see it.   Yeah cen10s D was pretty decent, but they weren't hitting STAs front as hard or getting to the QB at all like SJB was.   STA had offensive opportunities and was able to gain yards.   They seemed to get a penalty or drop a pass when big plays were possible. 

Cen10 was a pretty good team, but they were not on the level of SJB (before QB change) on O or D.   Chandler, Imo, was a much more complete team.   I think if STA played like they did vs Cen10 vs Chandler they'd have gotten worked.   

Anyways that's how I see it.

I agree with you 

Chandler in my opinion was a Top 10 national team by the end of the season and proved that by destroying Miami Northwestern in the Bowl game

2 hours ago, Columbiafan said:

I'll ask again

Wooderson post with my reply 9/27 (prior to game).   

STA demands and requires a quality QB to succeed (not cfb stats, Hs stats) with their pro style offense and they have lacked that key role in quite some time unfortunately. O’Korn honestly got better in 2012 and really shined vs Manatee.  Not much after that in big games.   Added to that, if you’re going to be basic you damn well better have IMG recruits with an OL that Saban would smile for vs FCS and a D3 starter among some fbs recruits.  

Goldmember Dsouth OU112 Gator myself have all brought this up for years.  If an AZ guy can figure it out Columbia, you should too. 

Not having an archive sucks because I could grab an STA identity crisis post or two I made in the past about their O.  

My only hope for 2018 offensively is that the O-line is better and that the MI transfer is utilized more with QB keepers as he looks the part of a dual threat kid who doesn’t mind contact and can move the chains on broken plays better than Casteel   . If Casteel earns it, good luck to him and the O-Line better be real good.  

D1818CDB-E467-49E1-B623-489EA8CB1996.png

2 hours ago, golfaddict1 said:

The legend in his own mind is activated again... @Goldmember, this is a guy who takes wins in posts about how a team shouldn't have had an article written about them (large number of transfers, which was the only point of why I included them in my post mention... but Woody takes offense to anything AZ related unless Centennial looks good).   He has some similarities to you, but when it comes to knowledge, he's ripping farts in a blizzard.   He's good with historical wins vs teams rated over 1200 in Calpreps who lose QB's prior to the half though.   He'll tell you Saguaro is no different in 2017 vs 2016 when Calpreps suggests their rating dropped by 21.4 points with numerous examples of weakness.   He'll claim everyone thought STA would beat Centennial that week when HC Harriott was quoted as the O being a "work in progress" game week.   Nothing happened in that game that surprised anyone other than than STA getting shutout completely, which hadn't happened in some time but it's not like the SJB game showed dominance.   The following week DFB held STA to 7 offensive pts,  Casteel's lone TD in regulation vs. SJB,Centennial&DFB combined...  Wooderson finally makes sense in acknowledging STA's weakness at QB, way to go!  Another win for you!  

Christian Kirk was a tool in Feb. for what he did drunk... Saguaro still rocks!  :)  

If I wrote something about Arizona that somebody attempted to rebut I would do one of two things:

1) Admit that I was wrong and acknowledge that I wasn't an expert on the topic

or

2) Prepare to smash my opposition

But Wooderson, not having the courage to do either of those things, instead throws out some word salads having to do with something or the other.

I've seen it all too much on these forums.

I'll ask again

Bc i don't live in south Florida 

Peacock was wise to run quick plays on o to tire the big fella inside and the QB was elusive and got his yards and many plays resulted.  This was a keepaway game unlike Centennial game.  Venice drove the ball and had a smart plan.   Wingo was better at QB than Casteel but still a weak link (but at least they started to score some points).   Venice was top 25 compilation senior laden squad and was Geico’s choice, but Carpenter the QB ran about 2000 times in the playoffs it seemed and was injured and could not play Chandler.  So Venice said no.   Venice had a hot WR also who is attending Coastal Carolina with Carpenter... he had some big numbers w receptions in the playoffs.  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, golfaddict1 said:

I see...

You're incapable (or unwilling) of building an argument for Saguaro without computer rankings, recruiting rankings, and the half-baked screeds of a known plagiarist. Can't say I'm surprised.

I don't recall saying Higley shouldn't have an article written about them, only that said article was nothing more than hype and fluff based on nothing more than the arrival of a few mediocre transfers and a pair of tall d-ends.  Your response was to bring up a Saguaro team whose status I have called into question from the moment I arrived at this forum, have provided ample evidence to support my stance, and have yet to proven wrong by the on-field results in my home state. 

Once again, the question was asked how Aquinas lost to Centennial and I gave an answer based on that game and within the context of how I view STA outside of any preconceived reputation or hype.  That doesn't make me an STA expert (and I never claimed anything of the sort), at the same time I fully trust my opinion on the matter and no amount of tantrums, stats/video without context, and whining about a penalty is going to make me budge.   

1 hour ago, Wooderson said:

I see...

You're incapable (or unwilling) of building an argument for Saguaro without computer rankings, recruiting rankings, and the half-baked screeds of a known plagiarist. Can't say I'm surprised.

As outspoken as I am about Calpreps, when it comes to a specific class like 4A in Zona, you bet I’ll use that over a homer opinion.   20+ pt difference overall is staggering.  You want to compare all games and ratings?  Go for it.  

I don't recall saying Higley shouldn't have an article written about them, only that said article was nothing more than hype and fluff based on nothing more than the arrival of a few mediocre transfers and a pair of tall d-ends.  Your response was to bring up a Saguaro team whose status I have called into question from the moment I arrived at this forum, have provided ample evidence to support my stance, and have yet to proven wrong by the on-field results in my home state.

Saguaro was worse in 17 vs 16 imo and I predicted in preseason.  I predict 18 will be better than 17.  I predict Saguato vs Liberty 2018 will look quite different.   I predict Sagauro’s D will be very good in 2018.   

Once again, the question was asked how Aquinas lost to Centennial and I gave an answer based on that game and within the context of how I view STA outside of any preconceived reputation or hype.  That doesn't make me an STA expert (and I never claimed anything of the sort), at the same time I fully trust my opinion on the matter and no amount of tantrums, stats/video without context, and whining about a penalty is going to make me budge.   

That was your opinion yes.  I also gave my opinion.  Yippee.  I mentioned a homer call yes.  It was blatant and obvious.  I would hope most neutral forum posters here would agree, but it mattered little in the W vs L only score differential.   My response was to a poster who claimed Centennial was running into the end zone all game.   Was a solid win for Centennial.  This was not the BG game where a blown ref call fucked STA from a win ala Dwyer vs Glenville in OH.   I’m fine with losses in 99.9 pct of cases and vs Cen10 never claimed otherwise.. but I’m going to comment on 100 pct of them.   You can follow my Zona comments all you want.   I learn by following teams around the country.  That’s how I won a pickem challenge and was one of few who beat the mighty algorithm after Oct 1 for multiple years.   I enjoy crunching numbers and looking at teams around the country and do it with a smile... I’m not perfect like you, but I think I can contribute beyond my home state... but if some dickhead wants to follow  my every post with “win” opinions, go for it.  

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Wooderson said:

If by "smash into pieces" you mean "make one self look like a lonely stat nerd with severe mental illness" then...mission accomplished?

Whoever told you this was something you were good at lied to you.

Clearly he tells himself whatever he needs to.

"As outspoken as I am about Calpreps, when it comes to a specific class like 4A in Zona, you bet I’ll use that over a homer opinion.   20+ pt difference overall is staggering.  You want to compare all games and ratings?  Go for it. "

Mine may be a homer opinion but that doesn't make it wrong.  Let's be clear here-I've offered a plethora of evidence that backs my stance on Saguaro, evidence that you nor anyone else has refuted with actual on-field results.  Did Saguaro's ranking drop from 2016 to 2017?  Of course it did, because they went from a 14-0 squad whose "close" games were decided by two scores to a 12-2 squad where those two losses were 3+ touchdown games; this makes sense as both Liberty and East were much better teams than 2016's Serra-Valor combo.  There were also some shifts in fortune for the Arizona teams on their schedule that may factor into the computer rankings that don't account for much of a consequential change-I don't think Saguaro beating Shadow Mountain (5-5 in 2016, 2-8 in 2017) by 48 in 2017 versus 63 in 2016 reveals anything terribly telling of the Sabercats or their journey to their latest state title. 

So with all of that said, you have a guy who has provided nothing but quality information on prep football in Arizona, said information has not been refuted at any point and is consistent with the on-field product in Arizona, yet you'd still rather depend on a computer because the computer doesn't challenge the opinions you had already formed on the matter er, because I'm a homer.   

My bottom line on Saguaro has always been that it should be expected that they display some mastery of Arizona (i.e. Chandler, Centennial, Mountain Pointe, Pinnacle, etc, etc, etc) before they schedule meaningless games against Liberty and Helix.  You and others elevate that program to the national stage not based on merit but because they play two teams a year that-while not necessarily good-you've heard of.  That's stupid.

3 hours ago, Wooderson said:

"As outspoken as I am about Calpreps, when it comes to a specific class like 4A in Zona, you bet I’ll use that over a homer opinion.   20+ pt difference overall is staggering.  You want to compare all games and ratings?  Go for it. "

Mine may be a homer opinion but that doesn't make it wrong.  Let's be clear here-I've offered a plethora of evidence that backs my stance on Saguaro, evidence that you nor anyone else has refuted with actual on-field results. 

In 2016, Saguar in 4A closest margin of victory was 21 points, followed by 28 points... in 2017, Saguaro in 4A had a 3 pt win in the regular season as well as a 6 pt OT win in the playoffs.   In 2016, Saguaro beat state champ Valor Christian and gave Serra their largest differential loss vs. other quality and national name squads.   

Did Saguaro's ranking drop from 2016 to 2017?  Of course it did, because they went from a 14-0 squad whose "close" games were decided by two scores to a 12-2 squad where those two losses were 3+ touchdown games; this makes sense as both Liberty and East were much better teams than 2016's Serra-Valor combo.   It also went down due to weaker performance in 4A overall and two close games... none of which occurred in 2016.   Serra is no gimme in Cali and beating a state champ isn't going to hurt your rating either.  

There were also some shifts in fortune for the Arizona teams on their schedule that may factor into the computer rankings that don't account for much of a consequential change-I don't think Saguaro beating Shadow Mountain (5-5 in 2016, 2-8 in 2017) by 48 in 2017 versus 63 in 2016 reveals anything terribly telling of the Sabercats or their journey to their latest state title. 

Hello, 3 pt and OT 6 pt differentials... 

So with all of that said,   in boldfaced indeed 

you have a guy who has provided nothing but quality information on prep football in Arizona, said information has not been refuted at any point and is consistent with the on-field product in Arizona, yet you'd still rather depend on a computer because the computer doesn't challenge the opinions you had already formed on the matter er, because I'm a homer.   

We have a guy who can't see the obvious  

My bottom line on Saguaro has always been that it should be expected that they display some mastery of Arizona (i.e. Chandler, Centennial, Mountain Pointe, Pinnacle, etc, etc, etc) before they schedule meaningless games against Liberty and Helix.  You and others elevate that program to the national stage not based on merit but because they play two teams a year that-while not necessarily good-you've heard of.  That's stupid.

Pollsters bottom line  

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1dpAArVtgwpaGarnYyy4uBSAV3aJfeuZ9Su4fFXiNXAw/edit#gid=1945044826

11 hours ago, golfaddict1 said:

"In 2016, Saguar in 4A closest margin of victory was 21 points, followed by 28 points... in 2017, Saguaro in 4A had a 3 pt win in the regular season as well as a 6 pt OT win in the playoffs.   In 2016, Saguaro beat state champ Valor Christian and gave Serra their largest differential loss vs. other quality and national name squads."   

...and their average margin of victory in Arizona was virtually unchanged from 2017.  

FWIW, this is what I mean by reference stats out of context-the two "close games" they had were to teams that 1) had largely unprecedented on-field success in 2017 (Sunrise Mountain had never advanced past the second round of the playoffs before last season; Higley was a four-win squad as recently as 2015); and 2) experienced spikes in their enrollment that are bumping them up from 4A to 5A (and I know you're well aware that a huge part of my argument against Saguaro is that they struggle when playing quality competition from larger schools...case in point).

"It also went down due to weaker performance in 4A overall and two close games... none of which occurred in 2016.   Serra is no gimme in Cali and beating a state champ isn't going to hurt your rating either."  

Serra is a nine-loss football team over the past season; Valor hasn't had an out-of-state win since...well, since ever.  I could not care less how many moral victories, er, "no gimmes" Serra has through the years, their reality is they are a team that has made it past the first round of their section playoffs since 2013 (the last time they were actually good).  And Valor is the best football program in a state with less than 15 schools over the 2000 enrollment mark.

We have a guy who can't see the obvious  

What's obvious to me is that your only requirement in assessing OOS games is whether or not you've heard of one of the teams involved-you have no idea whatsoever whether or not Serra is good, you assume they are because you know they were a few years ago.  You've made no effort to confirm whether or not Valor Christian is a quality team, but they win state titles and ESPN keeps repeating how good those McCaffrey boys are so they have to be a good team.  Likewise, you have no grasp whatsoever surrounding the context of Saguaro's dominance, you parrot the same non-sense being spat out by a 60-year old known plagiarist and the endless line of substitute high school teachers that moonlight as "experts" in high school football.  It's like they say-garbage in, garbage out.   

"Pollsters bottom line  

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1dpAArVtgwpaGarnYyy4uBSAV3aJfeuZ9Su4fFXiNXAw/edit#gid=1945044826"

How many games a year do you think the average "pollster" watches of every team they rank?  The good ones MIGHT watch five per season from each team, and I'd be shocked if they get to that figure without including partial games and highlights.  Hell, I'll go even further than that-I doubt that any single "professional" poster (not the reader's poll on here) watched even one of Williams Field's games before the 2016 title game.  Why?  Because on many fronts there wasn't a lot of reason to-the local media did not hype them early in the year, they didn't play an out-of-state games that year, they had no elite collegiate prospects apart from their kicker, and the only semi-recognizable name on their schedule was a Chaparral squad that would finish the year with five wins.  Yet by the end of the year the ever-so-vaunted pollsters had a 14-0 state champion with four wins against previous state champions consistently ranked behind a school from a smaller division in the same state for no other reason than the smaller school had more name recognition to start the season.  National polls are garbage-they fail on a perennial basis at providing any meaningful insight as to who actually are the best high school football teams in a given year and at this point in history serve as little more than a circular, secondary source with the recruiting services. 

Referencing polls, computer rankings, and the opinions of local sportswriters making $34K a year does not make for a knowledgeable high school football fan-it makes for someone who's opinion will not stray far from the consensus apart from when it's convenient to do so (i.e. when supporting one's own rooting interests).  I care far more about knowing that I have an informed, well-supported opinion than I do about impressing those afraid to denounce the polls and computers altogether.         

4A 2016, 21 and 28 point differentials closest games for Saguaro 2016...  3 pts and OT (playoff semis) closest differentials 2017  (in weak 4A shown by further examples you state above, yet fail to state Saguaro didn't struggle in 2016 somehow... further proof 2016 was different.     Saguaro was sipping champagne in the 4th qtr in 2016. and you come up with 4A crap school averages for the year. 

DangerousWoody, knows all... loved that Chaparral vs Centennial playoff game prediction... oh wait, you don't predict in years.  The 34K a year writer gave a prediction.

I guess you're knowledge of hsfb in AZ and now apparently CA and CO is above everyone else's... from 34K on up.   You won't give up, you'll keep patting yourself on the back no matter where the discussion leads.   It's crystal clear Saguaro struggled in two games in weak 4A in 2017 and didn't in any in 2016, but nobody can reference things properly or research or have an informed opinion like DangerousWoody.   

Take it to the bank that Ben Davis would get (I forget what adjective you used but it was a strong one) beat soundly by what was it 5 Zona teams minimum?  Why?   DangerousWoody says so.  If there was an actual game though, don't expect a prediction but you'll get an offensive formation style mention or school population size.  

I've predicted some games that you can probably archive if you care to.  5dimes threads maybe.   I predicted games wrong, but I also have a track record of winning a pick em challenge and doing what few do and match and beat an algorithm after Oct. 1st. and for a 2 year period.    Of course, you can view offensive formations on film.   I'll have to work on my hsfb knowledge (and the rest of us morons here) to somehow try to match your skill set.