The Pre-Memorial Day Georgia Top Ten

Rufus69

13 minutes ago, FootballGuy said:

I heard Rome picked up where they left off in their spring game. Of course that hellacious D-Line is gone, but they still looked great, nontheless. 

I picked colquitt to win state this year, but grayson, marietta, archer and north gwinnett are won't go away without a fight.....especially since all 4 of those teams return a LOT of D1 talent. 

It's about the playoffs.  It will be fun going up to play Grayson in the regular season.  The same for playing against McEachern in the Benz.  But anybody who knows anything about Georgia High School football knows....it's ALL about the playoffs.  It's better to play at home...BUT...sometimes you hafta win on the road.  I wonder who does THAT best?

Like I posted...."nut-cuttin time"........

Rufus>>

2 minutes ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

Northside WR needs Conrad Nix back... 

Damn those Northside WR squads where fearsome. 

That 2008 & 2009 Northside WR was great but 2009 was one of the weirdest years for GA. You know how it was weird... 

Northside WR was ranked in the national top 10 with Camden in the national top 10 also... Camden Dogwalked Northside WR 34-3... Northside WR defense had been a brickwall to say the least all damn year then they got to Camden and it all fell apart... 

Talked to a couple of guys who played on that team. They said the special teams and the early turnover did them in. 

5 minutes ago, Rufus69 said:

It's about the playoffs.  It will be fun going up to play Grayson in the regular season.  The same for playing against McEachern in the Benz.  But anybody who knows anything about Georgia High School football knows....it's ALL about the playoffs.  It's better to play at home...BUT...sometimes you hafta win on the road.  I wonder who does THAT best?

Like I posted...."nut-cuttin time"........

Rufus>>

All I know is this: Rush & company better win their region this year before "you know who" starts complaining about colquitt having to travel all the time.

Hint: he lives in the state to the left of us...lolololololol. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, FootballGuy said:

Talked to a couple of guys who played on that team. They said the special teams and the early turnover did them in. 

I wish Northside WR was back in their prime theres a few Northside squads that where the size of grown ass men... 

I remember we used to say that Camden players drunk swamp water before each game... and thats what gave them their strength.... 

Man... I remember when Northside WR used to have this big ass Oline... back when they where in the region with Tift,Colquitt and Lowndes... I saw some old footage man Northsides whole Oline was ridiculous it was like watching a Bull wrestle with a sick man... 

Idk what happened to Northside WR... after Nix left they fell off big time and Kinsler is struggling to hold the pieces... 

1 minute ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

I wish Northside WR was back in their prime theres a few Northside squads that where the size of grown ass men... 

I remember we used to say that Camden players drunk swamp water before each game... and thats what gave them their strength.... 

Man... I remember when Northside WR used to have this big ass Oline... back when they where in the region with Tift,Colquitt and Lowndes... I saw some old footage man Northsides whole Oline was ridiculous it was like watching a Bull wrestle with a sick man... 

Idk what happened to Northside WR... after Nix left they fell off big time and Kinsler is struggling to hold the pieces... 

He's dealing with the typical "public school problems." Offense (personnel in particular) and transfers (to my alma mater) has been Northside's bugaboo, lately. Defense is never the problem. 

1 hour ago, Rufus69 said:

OK Gurus....most everybody is finished with Spring football (except Colquitt) and most everybody has had their Spring game against somebody else (except Colquitt).  It's officially time to look at the potentials for the 2018 season before summer workouts and 7 on tourneys and most of all...before recruiting gets into full swing.  Lime Sink has cranked up the Cray and "Doc" has put together a starting point.  Updates should come mid-August before the season actually starts...but Lord Have Mercy....here we go !!!!!

1.  Grayson

2.  Marietta

3.  McEachern

4.  Brookwood

5.  North Gwinnett

6.  Buford

7.  Lowndes

8.  Lee County

9.  Tucker

10.  The Mighty Warner Robins Red Demons

And the runners-ups are:

11.  Archer

12.  Walton

13.  Rome

14.  Colquitt

15.  Camden

Marietta could make a really good run this year.  They got the athletes (legally I'm sure) to do it.  But Grayson has to be the team to beat.  The All Classification Top Ten could very well be interchangeable and there is SOME probability of the runner-ups making a move towards the end of the season (Archer, Walton, Colquitt).  I reckon we'll see.  One rule for the summer.....KEEP EVERYBODY HEALTHY !!!!

Gospel......

Rufus>>

This is NOT gospel, it is blasphemy.

North at 5? Really?  Any list going forward, it,s Buford then North somewhere after.

That's gospel.

Regards,

C.A.

6 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

More feedback just in from top 10 GA HCs:

Im not impressed w Brookwood. They had turnover on staff, lost some studs. More in 8-9 range. Same w Lee County  

Tucker loaded

Both Walton and Rome lost a ton, but recruit like crazy. They should be fine.

Colquitt should be Top 10

Cedar Grove should be Top 15 if they get their QB situation figured out  

Stephenson is loaded. Not sure of coaching. 

Archer>McEachern. Archer is Top 4

What is there to recruit in Rome? Theres barely any talent to recruit...

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Im not impressed w Brookwood. They had turnover on staff, lost some studs. More in 8-9 range. Same w Lee County  

Tucker loaded

Damn. These coaches are some straight shooters! Lol. 

It's only a matter of time before we hear from the highest paid coach in GA. 

2 hours ago, FootballGuy said:

Can't tell you the number, but I do know they played Northside (GA) when they were ranked high in the nation. This was during the Greg Reid/Telvin Smith era (mostly Greg Reid tho). Both Northside and Lowndes were highly ranked in the nation in 08. 

Darriet Perry was pretty good at RB. When they had him & Reid in '07 they were monstrous.

2 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

@Rufus69 I just forwarded your poll to several HCs within the Top 10. Here are their comments:

Not sure about McEachern in the Top 10

NG should be in Top 4

Lowndes lost too much to be 7

Colquit should be Top 6

Rome should be in Top 10

You always amuse.....

Let me give you an ACTUAL Top 15... (Blessed Trinity HAS to be there)

1. North Gwinnett

2. Marietta

3. Colquitt Co.

4. Archer

5. Grayson

6. McEachern

7. Walton

8. Buford

9. Rome

10. Blessed Trinity

11. Milton

12. Lowndes

13. Warner Robins

14. Lee Co.

15. Cedar Grove

1 minute ago, ECHS05 said:

Let me give you an ACTUAL Top 15... (Blessed Trinity HAS to be there)

1. North Gwinnett

2. Marietta

3. Colquitt Co.

4. Archer

5. Grayson

6. McEachern

7. Walton

8. Buford

9. Rome

10. Blessed Trinity

11. Milton

12. Lowndes

13. Warner Robins

14. Lee Co.

15. Cedar Grove

OP has Colquitt at 14.

You have them at 3.

Interesting.

1 hour ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Tucker loaded

LOL....Colquitt has turnover on its staff...every year. EVERY YEAR.  Poor Brookwood.

Colquitt Top 10.  There's Rush...LOL.  But he more than likely said 1 or 2.

Cedar Grove in the Top 15....uh...well...possibly...at least early on.

Stephenson is ALWAYS loaded.  Never known when they weren't....BUT.....

Archer> McEachern?....Archer Top 4?  The Tigers could win it all this year...or they could wind up having to play the Hawgs in the Playoffs.  Requiem.

Go to the Georgia Boards and ask them about the Lime Sink polls.  You'll NEVER see Colquitt in one of my early Top Tens.  And I respect Archer enough to do them the same.  All these gurus...including you...LOVE the polls.  They're fun cause they generate posts and counterposts.  The only poll that matters...is the last one in December and I'm here to tell ya that 2018 is gonna be a knock'em down - drag'em out....in Georgia.

Guaranteed Gospel....

Rufus>>

• Like 2

3 hours ago, FootballGuy said:

Mannnn.... what you know about Forsyth County? Lol. 

Off topic, but are you still not allowed to pump your own gas in NJ? 

I think nj is the only state

i pump it myself since it’s a lot quicker I don’t have to wait... but when it’s 100 degrees or 0 degrees believe my ass is staying in my car,  and you don’t have to tip which is great 

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, FootballGuy said:

All I know is this: Rush & company better win their region this year before "you know who" starts complaining about colquitt having to travel all the time.

Hint: he lives in the state to the left of us...lolololololol. 

I'd rather win the Region cause it's No.1 seeding.  But honestly...if Rush has proven anything...he's proven he can take a bunch of poor, tiny, little undersized and inexperienced Hawgs on the road and win against some MONSTER teams.  Beating Walton, Archer and Brookwood at their places with it on the line...was one of the best performances in Georgia last year.  Not playing but 47 minutes and 11 seconds against NG was the worst.

Rufus>>

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, LiberalDonaldTrump said:

i pump it myself since it’s a lot quicker I don’t have to wait... but when it’s 100 degrees or 0 degrees believe my ass is staying in my car,  and you don’t have to tip which is great 

Screw that job... if I did it youd better well have been tippin me... 

Id hate to accidently spill some sugar in your gas tank.... 

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, LiberalDonaldTrump said:

Or worse maybe Ill have a accidental spasm and put a potato in your tail pipe... 

Dont play with me and my money... I will fuck you up... its one of the things I take very seriously.... thats part if the reason I dont deal with tipping and stuff.... 

Although realistically speaking I dont think I could bring myself to hurt someone over a tip... 

47 minutes ago, Rufus69 said:

I'd rather win the Region cause it's No.1 seeding.  But honestly...if Rush has proven anything...he's proven he can take a bunch of poor, tiny, little undersized and inexperienced Hawgs on the road and win against some MONSTER teams.  Beating Walton, Archer and Brookwood at their places with it on the line...was one of the best performances in Georgia last year.  Not playing but 47 minutes and 11 seconds against NG was the worst.

Rufus>>

I definitely agree. Hate that Colquitt gave NG the championship last season. I hope Rush adopted the "finish the drill" for this season.