The Pre-Memorial Day Georgia Top Ten

Rufus69

50 minutes ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

Or worse maybe Ill have a accidental spasm and put a potato in your tail pipe... 

Dont play with me and my money... I will fuck you up... its one of the things I take very seriously.... thats part if the reason I dont deal with tipping and stuff.... 

Although realistically speaking I dont think I could bring myself to hurt someone over a tip... 

I got fired from my pizza gig because I used to take all the deliveries that tipped first,.. if I knew u weren’t tipping u go last .. after all the deliveries and after I fill up gas and after I smoke my cigarette... then u get ur cold ass food....and when they ordered a slice of desert they would get a smushed slice all crumbs ... just a Blob of pie....

8 hours ago, FolsomPrisonBlues said:

OP has Colquitt at 14.

You have them at 3.

Interesting.

The OP is a Colquitt fan and never puts them in the Top 10 before playoff time. If Colquitt heads into the playoffs 10-0, he may place them just inside his Top 10.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ECHS05 said:

Let me give you an ACTUAL Top 15... (Blessed Trinity HAS to be there)

1. North Gwinnett

2. Marietta

3. Colquitt Co.

4. Archer

5. Grayson

6. McEachern

7. Walton

8. Buford

9. Rome

10. Blessed Trinity

11. Milton

12. Lowndes

13. Warner Robins

14. Lee Co.

15. Cedar Grove

A few teams that COULD potentially break into the Top 15...

Hillgrove (theyd be my #16, I like them this upcoming season)

ELCA (a 1A Juggernaut)

Tift Co.

Coffee (probably my #17)

Camden Co. (The question isnt IF they will, its when...)

Parkview (always overlooked, but theyve been headed in a positive direction over the last few years)

Cartersville (have to see how Tee Webb does taking over for Trevor Lawrence)

Tucker

Mill Creek

Valdosta (their D will be good, if their new OC turns their offense around... Valdosta will be good)

Glynn Academy (their game vs Fort Dorchester Aug 18th will tell us a good bit)

Carrollton (Sean Calhoun will have this team up there soon)

Rufus has Brookwood at #4... That makes absolutely no sense what so ever. I doubt theyll break into the Top 15 at all this year. They lost a lot of talent. A LOT.

9 hours ago, ECHS05 said:

A few teams that COULD potentially break into the Top 15...

Hillgrove (theyd be my #16, I like them this upcoming season)

ELCA (a 1A Juggernaut)

Tift Co.

Coffee (probably my #17)

Camden Co. (The question isnt IF they will, its when...)

Parkview (always overlooked, but theyve been headed in a positive direction over the last few years)

Cartersville (have to see how Tee Webb does taking over for Trevor Lawrence)

Tucker

Mill Creek

Valdosta (their D will be good, if their new OC turns their offense around... Valdosta will be good)

Glynn Academy (their game vs Fort Dorchester Aug 18th will tell us a good bit)

Carrollton (Sean Calhoun will have this team up there soon)

Rufus has Brookwood at #4... That makes absolutely no sense what so ever. I doubt theyll break into the Top 15 at all this year. They lost a lot of talent. A LOT.

That's one of the statements that makes me wonder about you.  Either you have a football PROGRAM or you don't.  Brookwood HAS a football PROGRAM (they have for a while).  They CAN and WILL replace talent that they graduate.  Colquitt does (even loss of coaching staff).  Lowndes does.  McEachern does.   Grayson does.

Brookwood will be fine this season.  They'll make the Playoffs.  Their cupboard is NOT bare as you insinuate.

Rufus>>

32 minutes ago, Rufus69 said:

That's one of the statements that makes me wonder about you.  Either you have a football PROGRAM or you don't.  Brookwood HAS a football PROGRAM (they have for a while).  They CAN and WILL replace talent that they graduate.  Colquitt does (even loss of coaching staff).  Lowndes does.  McEachern does.   Grayson does.

Brookwood will be fine this season.  They'll make the Playoffs.  Their cupboard is NOT bare as you insinuate.

Rufus>>

But they dont...

Brookwood has been an after thought for years now...

In 2016 they had a decent year... Bc most of their offense (Despigna, Matthew Hill, Dante Black, etc) were Juniors. They knew they had a good team coming up in 2017.

But other than that 2016 (kind of) and 2017 (they were actually good)... When, since 2010, has Brookwood even been in the GA Top 10? Never that I remember. 

Brookwood doesnt have a solid program right now... They had a couple decent teams... Most of those players are gone, and so is Brookwood now. Either way... To have them at #4 over some of those teams is just nuts. It makes zero sense.

Since their State Title in 2010...

2011: 8-4 ... 2nd rd loss, finished 3rd in R8

2012: 7-5 ... 2nd rd loss, finished 4th in R8

2013: 6-6 ... 2nd rd loss, finished 3rd in R8(tiebreaker over Grayson)

2014: 2-8 ... Finished dead last in R8 and didnt make playoffs

2015: 4-6 ... Didnt make playoffs, finished 6th in R8

2016: 8-4 ... They got some transfer, and had a good class... Lost in the 2nd Rd by 31 to Colquitt... Finished 3rd in R7

2017: 11-3 ... We knew theyd be good, Despigna, Matthew Hill, Damte Black, etc , were seniors.... Lost in semis to Colquitt

46-36 since 2011... Take away the 11-3 season last year and they are 35-33 since 2011.

Yeah, great program.

4 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

But they dont...

Brookwood has been an after thought for years now...

In 2016 they had a decent year... Bc most of their offense (Despigna, Matthew Hill, Dante Black, etc) were Juniors. They knew they had a good team coming up in 2017.

But other than that 2016 (kind of) and 2017 (they were actually good)... When, since 2010, has Brookwood even been in the GA Top 10? Never that I remember. 

Brookwood doesnt have a solid program right now... They had a couple decent teams... Most of those players are gone, and so is Brookwood now. Either way... To have them at #4 over some of those teams is just nuts. It makes zero sense.

Since their State Title in 2010...

2011: 8-4 ... 2nd rd loss, finished 3rd in R8

2012: 7-5 ... 2nd rd loss, finished 4th in R8

2013: 6-6 ... 2nd rd loss, finished 3rd in R8(tiebreaker over Grayson)

2014: 2-8 ... Finished dead last in R8 and didnt make playoffs

2015: 4-6 ... Didnt make playoffs, finished 6th in R8

2016: 8-4 ... They got some transfer, and had a good class... Lost in the 2nd Rd by 31 to Colquitt... Finished 3rd in R7

2017: 11-3 ... We knew theyd be good, Despigna, Matthew Hill, Damte Black, etc , were seniors.... Lost in semis to Colquitt

46-36 since 2011... Take away the 11-3 season last year and they are 35-33 since 2011.

Yeah, great program.

Wow...take away the 2-8 season of 2014 and they're 44-28.  See what I did there?  

We'll talk when we get to the playoffs....

Rufus>>

23 hours ago, Rufus69 said:

It's about the playoffs.  It will be fun going up to play Grayson in the regular season.  The same for playing against McEachern in the Benz.  But anybody who knows anything about Georgia High School football knows....it's ALL about the playoffs.  It's better to play at home...BUT...sometimes you hafta win on the road.  I wonder who does THAT best?

Like I posted...."nut-cuttin time"........

Rufus>>

Better to play at home but great to just still be playing.

23 hours ago, FootballGuy said:

Can't tell you the number, but I do know they played Northside (GA) when they were ranked high in the nation. This was during the Greg Reid/Telvin Smith era (mostly Greg Reid tho). Both Northside and Lowndes were highly ranked in the nation in 08. 

PErsonally I wasn't impressed with Greg Reid.  But then are you surprised at that?😁

10 hours ago, Sportsnut said:

No ELCA or Hapeville?

O.K., maybe we can discount Hapeville, for now but ELCA, 

4 Ships in 6 years.

What do you have against them?

Did they not convince you v. Knoxville Catholic?

Three Peat

142-34 since 04"

Are you kidding?

ELCA is up there. In the 16-20 range. I dont care that they are 142-34 since '04. They play in a small, weaker class so most of those wins are against teams not worth mentioning (this is the same reason DLS' streak doesnt impress me). In the past when theyve played good 5A-6A teams theyve lost. Althought 2017 was definitely one of their better teams. I want to see what theyve got this year before I put them with the big boys again.

The beatdown of Knoxville Catholic was impressive... Even more so since Knoxville Catholic won the TN 5A State Title... And TNs most well known powerhouse, Maryville, only beat Knox. Cath. 49-42... While ELCA beat them 55-10.

ELCA has to prove themselves again, they dont get the benefit of the doubt since they are a 1A school. Its VERY, VERY rare for a 1A team to be Top 15 in ALL of Georgia.

17 minutes ago, Sportsnut said:

In your book but i understand. You not knowing because they are  a single A school that never crossed your mind until brought to your attention. 

They will do what they do.

This is a program.

Ive known about ELCA for a long time... Teams dont just pop to my attention when they get good. I know of literally just about every team in Georgia.

Just because you want them to be Top 10-15, doesnt mean they are.

6 hours ago, ECHS05 said:

The beatdown of Knoxville Catholic was impressive... Even more so since Knoxville Catholic won the TN 5A State Title... And TNs most well known powerhouse, Maryville, only beat Knox. Cath. 49-42... While ELCA beat them 55-10.

Of course, you do realize that was Maryville’s first game of the season. And, I hope you realize, that TN’s REAL best team (Brentwood Acad.) also routed Catholic 50-14. 

Don’t get me wrong, ELCA was a badass team last year. To beat Knox Catholic like they did last year was impressive, but Maryville was NOT TN’s best last year.